How do you make the move to LOS?

shygye

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes you do but you also have to have proof of support. Considering that contracts are not on a continuous basis this will be hard to prove. I don't want to have something happen that is going to cause the visa to be denied.

Believe me I have looked over the visa stuff inside and out, up and down and as of right now it would be denied because of the employment issues.

To be honest with you I would rather make the move. I have nothing to really keep me here. (I can always fly back to see family.) It is just a matter of finding a job. Where would I even start to look?

I have checked numerous sites and most of them want Thai nationals only.

krml said:

Yes you do but you also have to have proof of support. Considering that contracts are not on a continuous basis this will be hard to prove. I don't want to have something happen that is going to cause the visa to be denied.

The proof of support is the last 3 years of income, plus bank/financial accounts, property, etc. Ask your visa question on the Thai-Falang board here

Hi,

I've been working in IT in Thailand for the last 7 years, and with the exception of the first job I got all of them through connections / networking.

I'd say that it is even more important here than it is in the West to know loads of people. Unfortunately the only job offer I know of at the moment is for a teaching position (teaching programming).

Sanuk!

Well pretty much the same here. It is not what you know but who.

As far as Shygye goes I appreciate the thought to look in the Visa thread but I am more interested in moving to Thailand than her coming here. Simply because she is very close to her family.

Maybe I got a little off course with my first reply. If so, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I am in IT as well and work in Japan, from what I know IT market in Thailand for non-Thai nationals is pretty difficult, except it you have strong contacts and Khun Sanuk mentioned.

What sort of IT experience do you have? If it specialized ie financial industry or particularly specialized areea maybe there are some opportunities.

Alternatively have you thought about starting up some kind of business? Imagine it would be much easier with a Thai wife but probably would need some money behind you, you didn't mention about your assets, savings.

Well guys thanks for putting forth the effort to help me. I have worked in networking and desktop troubleshooting. I also received my degree in Information Security. Mostly on the management side.

I would like to hook up with some of you. I will be arriving in LOS very early Feb. 6. The only problem I have is my mother is coming with me to meet the Mrs. for the first time. It is a matter of finding the time but if possible I would like to meet some of you. I have been a member of this board for a while but never posted due to my paranoia from dealing with computer security. Nothing personal I am sure some of you are upstanding citizens. The rest... I'm not so sure about. :p

I really appreciate your help.

Archived