Germany to force women into prostitution

gobbledonk

I assume this law will be changed.

In the United States, one state went over board on sexual crimes with children. Consequently, for one whole year, until the law could be changed, some physicians refused to see children - that is - if thir sexual organs were exposed such as would happen during a physical. The law read that it was a crime to see a child's sexual organs. The way the law read, a father watching his child being born actually was committing a crime.

Then there was some of the nudity laws...

MightyMouse said:

IIn the United States, one state went over board on sexual crimes with children. Consequently, for one whole year, until the law could be changed, some physicians refused to see children - that is - if thir sexual organs were exposed such as would happen during a physical. The law read that it was a crime to see a child's sexual organs. The way the law read, a father watching his child being born actually was committing a crime.

Then there was some of the nudity laws...

Sometimes I really wonder where you come up with this stuff. ::

TH

I think you will find the article might have fudged some facts in trying to write the story.

Source: http://www.chicagoboyz.net/archives/002828.html#012522

The article in the Daily Telegraph seems to have been cobbled together from several German sources.

The information about the waitress who was told to interview for a job that turned out to be at a brothel was taken from an article on "jungle-world.com," which calls itself a "leftist weekly." That article was posted July 30, 2003 (!!). The 25-year-old waitress was told to contact the company "Reni Massage." The woman found the company's website and figured out that it was a brothel and decided to not get in touch. According to the Berlin employment center, the job posting had been sent to the woman by mistake. The job offer had been for bar staff (not for "sexual services," as the Telegraph article claims) and it hadn't been obvious from the information that the employment center had received that the company was a brothel.

The second part of the Daily Telegraph article contains information also found in an article from the leftist alternative Berlin daily "tageszeitung," filed on December 18, 2004. Both articles quote a Hamburg lawyer called Mechthild Garweg (note that the Telegraph misspells her first name). In the "tageszeitung" article, Ms. Garweg notes that there is nothing in the law regulating unemployment benefits that would prevent an employment center to force a woman to work as a prostitute if she wants to keep her benefits. It is clear from the article that this is merely a theoretical possibility. German employment centers have meanwhile asserted that they would not be passing on job offers for prostitution.

'Not sure how many 55 year old women could make a living doing P4P'

Hi Artie,never heard of the famous 'elderly Lady' who caused a storm and much hilarity in the UK?.

our famous Teenage Footballer Wayne Rooney was exposed in the papers as a frequent visitor to a surburban house in Liverpool.

here he was entertained by a not so young latex clad Woman and paid her good money for the privalige........

As I wrote in nightlife recently:

In Germany prostitution is not illegal anymore, in contrary it is legitimate business nowadays and the women can apply for health insurance, pension eg., they can even apply for unemployment money.

Further we have new laws that when you are unemployed you can't refuse job offerings by the employment agency without loosing money. Since prostitution and being a prostitute is official approved, the employment agency can *theoretically* ask women to work as hostesses in bars or even to work in brothels .

This was a big topic two weeks ago in German media, but officials said that they won't offer such kind of jobs to unemployed women.

Dinkas: I think you will find the article might have fudged some facts in trying to write the story.

You mean it was a media beat-up ? Man, if you cant trust the tabloid press, who can you trust ? ::

Sayjann: I'm sure there are a few elderly hookers out there, but I think we can both agree that its not a prospect which appeals to the 'average' punter. If anything, guys who pay for it seem to want 18-year olds with tight bodies and pneumatic hips ::

Kamui: thanks for the background (ditto Dinkas) - I expect that we all knew it was a beatup. Regardless of whether or not prostitution is legal (sanctioned brothels are also legal in parts of Oz), there remains an element of risk whenever you engage in sex with large numbers of strangers, condom or no condom. As you have pointed out, no government has the right to force women into this role, although I'm sure its a lot more attractive now that it has been legalised. Just as in Thailand, the clever ones would get out when the right opportunity presented itself.

Archived