sinsott question

thai3

Don't know. But I do know sin sot is a less for anything but a 'perfect girl'. That would be defined as anything other than a virgin, in their eye's. If had previous husband, kids, bar girl status, etc, would al be points exsracted.

HT

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kawtort said:

Just curious about one thing. Divorce (in this case the USA)

If I was a good guy and paid sinsot and wedding with no expectation to get any of it back, does that mean that I am obsolved of alimony payments to my wife if she finds another guy she prefers later in the marriage once we've moved to the States?

Or are my alimony payments reduced proportionally to what I paid in sinsot?

Sinsot is not relevant to divorce proceedings concerning alimony, that I am sure of. Alimony is support payments to a spouse after a divorce or in some cases during a separation but not divorced. I gather sinsot would be considered a gift of sorts or a function of the wedding akin to giving the wife an engagement ring.

You would have to get prenuptial to protect any assets.

HIGH THAIED said:

Don't know. But I do know sin sot is a less for anything but a 'perfect girl'. That would be defined as anything other than a virgin, in their eye's. If had previous husband, kids, bar girl status, etc, would al be points exsracted.

HT

In my case sin sot was not an issue as my ex had been married before and had 2 kids. When it came to her younger sister, no previous marriage, it was different. She married Thai and sin sot, which afterwards was returned to the couple was given.

I don't know if this is the rule (or if there is any), but I suspect many farang are being mislead.

Cheers!

kawtort said:

Or are my alimony payments reduced proportionally to what I paid in sinsot?

What has one thing got to do with the other? If you ever do pay alimony I would guess that whatever you paid for sinsot would be a tiny fraction of what your alimony payments would add up to. Probably not worth the effort to try to factor it in.

Condomking-

"Or are my alimony payments reduced proportionally to what I paid in sinsot?"

"What has one thing got to do with the other? "

Sorry for being so vague...

What I meant by that was somewhat tongue and cheek in that since nearly no Thai guys ever pay alimony, it's as if the family is anticipating the guy to leave and therefore get some money up front.... because they won't see it later.

But when a Thai girl marries a farang there is a good chance (if she knows enough) to try to take him to court in his country so she could get money from a farang where could not from a Thai... so I was thinking, jokingly, does that mean farang men are obsolved from sinsot or at least their alimony payments reduced!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived