sinsott question

thai3

Shyguy,

>>>>And how much was that? No numbers just vague terms like expensive or substantial. Your GF should know how much her sisters college costs are since she is paying part of it. So how much baht is it?<<<<

I don't know! And neither does gf. What you want me to do? Call up gf's mother to ask what she is paying for second daughter's education??? ::

Gf knows sister's education is cheaper than hers, although she is also dorming at whatever school she goes to, as well. Gf puts XX amount of baht into a joint account with her mother (varies from month-to-month depending on what she can afford) , to help out with sister's education costs. She doesn't know what her sister's actual cost are, what 'her' actual costs were, or even how much her parent's make. Her tuition was paid by her mother, direct to the university, the same as her sister's.

It was clear early on, when I first met my gf, that actual monetary figures where simply not discussed within their family. I know this, because I was curious at to what parents made, given their positions within the Thai civil service. She didn't have a clue, other to say that mother was excited because she had made an additional 2,000 baht in overtime last week, because of some elections that were going on at the time.

Parents apparently do not sit around the dining table, and bore their kids with facts and figures, as to what they are costing them.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time accepting that, but it's time to move on. I don't have a spreadsheet for you on my Thai gf's parents expenses, and never will.

They are two average Thai people, who scrimped and saved, to put their 2 daughter's into university, and are still doing. It's not a lie, and there is nothing suspicious about it. It's fucking horrendously expensive for any parents to do.

What do you want? For me to tell you it's a cake-walk for a Thai family to put their kids in private universities? Is that what your getting at, and it really not hard for them to do? And is actually quite easy to accomplish? Well....forget that! You won't hear that from me, for sure.

Anyway, I've said everything I can, and like I said, is time to get back on topic. Think what you want, but I'm done explaining.

HT

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Snowdrop,

Where are you? Bai nai? You're a lot more fun to talk to, than Shyguy.

HT :sex:

Shyguy....... :p:grinyes: (that's maybe something we can both agree on?) :beer:

HIGH THAIED said:

She doesn't know what her sister's actual cost are, what 'her' actual costs were, or even how much her parent's make. Her tuition was paid by her mother, direct to the university, the same as her sister's.

Same situation at my GF's home, all money matters are hush hush, really dont understand this at all.....

BB

In my girlfriend's family, I know most financial issues but her sister (married to a German) knows that I am not as gullible as her husband and as such becomes very distant, despite our having a good relationship otherwise.

The Germans's brother is also my friend and has questioned where the support money has gone given that little has been repaired or purchased. Somewhere in the region of Bt1,000,000 is unaccounted for.

Hi BB,

>>>>Same situation at my GF's home, all money matters are hush hush, really dont understand this at all.....<<<

Thank you.........somebody. :bow:

It's a freak'in Thai thing? I can't say an *all* Thai thing, because maybe not so prevalent throughout. But sure as shit is in my gf's family. But then again, did you know your parents income when you were 20 + years old? I didn't, and still don't. My daughter has not the slightest idea of what I make, or any of the costs that are attributable to her are.

But in Thailand, kids are expected to know all this shit? WTF??? That's crap, unrealistic, and just talking stupid out your ass.. (not directed to anybody directly).

HT :soapbox:

Okay, so you accept my 200000 baht figure for 4 years at Rangsit. You have no data to refute it. :grinyes:

As to the sin sot. Your GF has a very good idea what the expected amount will be. She just does not want to scare you off or cause conflict. The avoidance of topics that may cause conflict is very Thai.

shygye said:

BB,

Does your GF know how much her college cost?

Yes, she does.

Her 4 years in BKK and her 2 years in Sydney. Had to, she worked part to pay part of it.

She also does have some ideas on the family situation, but its not talked about.....

BB

Hi Shyguy,

>>>>>>Okay, so you accept my 200000 baht figure for 4 years at Rangsit. You have no data to refute it.<<<<

But neither do you, to substantiate it, beyond simple basic minimal costs, which does nothing to accuratly represent what is *really* costs someone to acquire a college education. Believe me, I know.....my daughter just hit 18 years old. Do you have any idea what just book costs are? It's freaking insane :: Basic tuition means *nothing* related to actual costs, my friend. What about the very fancy $100 pocket English voice talking translator mother bought for her? You won't find that cost on the Rangsit website. And it goes on forever, and ever....... It was expensive for my gf to get her degree at a private university in BKK. Just accept that, and get over it!

>>>>>>>>As to the sin sot. Your GF has a very good idea what the expected amount will be. She just does not want to scare you off or cause conflict. The avoidance of topics that may cause conflict is very Thai.<<<<<<<<

Now *that's* something I might buy into. :)

HT

Archived