sinsott question

thai3

s_snowdrop said:

I have been trying to build my thicker skin. Not yet?I am still struggling. My husband said I had to speak up and be aggressive. I know who I am. Why do I need to prove? What is the value of human? The goodness, not looks, skin color or nationality.

Hey s_snowdrop,

keep up the good cause, I speak as a Farang who's first wife was Japanese and second is Thai.

I've seen all the issues around Asian women married to Farang men.

If it helps, the world is slowly changing and sometimes, people are not very good at hiding their reactions to what frightens them.

And stupid people frighten easily.

Just remember, what you've got, a lot of people never have.

Cheers

Coss

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ABAC is definetely not the most expensive uni although it has a rep to take in kids from well off families who couldn't make it to the main public uni, cost my ex about 40K per semester including summer courses during her BA, ,Thammasat inter would be a more expensive option

Hi snowdrop,

>>>>You made a mistake to ask me those questions. I am exploded.<<<

No, I didn't make a mistake. But I don't want you to explode, either. :D

Thanks for your relpy. You live in the Middle East?

>>>>>I have been trying to build my thicker skin. Not yet?I am still struggling. My husband said I had to speak up and be aggressive. I know who I am. Why do I need to prove? What is the value of human? The goodness, not looks, skin color or nationality.<<<<

You don't have to prove a thing, snowdrop. Not to me, or anyone else. You have every right to be proud of who you are. Don't let *anyone* tell you anything different than that. :onfire: I'm serious about this!

Khao jai mai?

Hey........in keeping with the topic on this thread, did your husband have to pay sin sot? What is your history with that? Can you share? What does Thai family think about it?

HT

HIGH THAIED said:

Hi,

Try rooming there in a dorm at Rangsit. It's expensive! Doorming fee's are what get's you.

HT

How much are the dorms? You keep using vague terms like expensive. It can not be that high or a group of girls would just rent a room and split the rent 4 ways.

If it was so expensive as you keep claiming (without giving any specifics) her mother would never make a dent in that cost squeezing oranges ALL DAY LONG, much less as a part-time side business. Something is not adding up.

Hi HIGH THAIED,

>>> Thanks for your reply. You live in the Middle East?

Yes, I live in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). You may have heard about Dubai, the big, modern city. If I lived in Dubai, I would feel like I live in the western country. Unfortunately, I live in a small emirate which people are quite conservation. I never feel comfortable walking in town. Guys stare at me. I also had problems twice with Taxi drivers. They tried to touch me :onfire: Because I am Asian, they thought I was a housemaid.

>>>Hey........in keeping with the topic on this thread, did your husband have to pay sin sot? What is your history with that? Can you share? What does Thai family think about it?

Ok. Back to the topic?my husband didn?t have to pay Sin sot. My family provided money, wedding rings and gold. My husband paid 20% for food and gifts in the wedding.

The history was we had problems about sinsot, my husband felt uncomfortable and seemed hesitated. We had some arguments over this topic. Money wasn?t an issue. My husband just didn?t understand the concept of Sinsot. As I wrote before, my parents asked for sinsot less than they would ask from Thai guys, but my beloved husband was still hesitated. It wasn?t the western thing. I was trapped in the middle between my husband and parents. Finally, I decided to tell them ?No Thai Wedding, I don?t need it? At that time I thought things was over.

I went to Thailand with my husband and my parents in law to join the Buddhist ceremony (Tam-Boon-Ban) at my grandmother?s house (not the wedding). My parents surprised me. Just a few days before they told me that they decided to have Thai wedding and they would provide Sinsot and pay for everything. I tried on my wedding dress a day before the wedding!! This is all about my Thai wedding story.

What does my family think about it? They thought my husband didn?t understand Thai culture but they didn?t make such a big deal. They love whom I love. I always tell them how nice my husband is. I don?t tell them about our problems. My family worries enough since I live abroad, so that no needs to make them anxious

CondomKing Said: I'm 25 years older than my wife and we deal with prejudice and those who are are jealous of what we have on a somewhat regular basis. However, it is only a small aspect of our relationship and what we have together far outweights what we are faced with.

Hi CondomKing...I beat you :spank: My husband is 26 years older than me. He is hot and sexy though. :grinyes:

Hi Coss...

Thanks for cheering me up....

:wave:

Hi Shyguy,

<<<<<You keep using vague terms like expensive.>>>>>

I'm not trying to be vague. I simply do not know exact cost. And niether does gf. Her mom insisted she go there, and gf says is one of the most expensive, if dorming there. Both parents work full-time at government jobs, and mother sold orange juice on weekends to provide her with extra spending money.

I also know they did apply for government grants, and did receive. Sorry I don't have actual figures for you. I'm sure someone here might know.

HT

How can your GF say it is expensive if she does not know how much the dorm room cost? Can't your GF call Rangsit and ask? Did she not get receipts when she paid the money? If the dorm was so expensive why did she not get a room with some girlfriends and spend less money?

Doesn't this all sound very strange to you? ::

Archived