sinsott question

thai3

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Shyguy,

Not a bad idea. But as Rangsit is a private university, unlike Thammasat, which is government subsidized, I might be better off paying a million baht. 2 years dorming there for a BS degree in computer science, costs a pretty penny. I've been told it is one of the most expensive universities in Thailand.

Just my luck! :: :doah:

HT

HIGH THAIED Said

Are you fustrated to be a Thai girl? I would be. I'd be mad that everyone thinks I'm a whore, based on my nationality. Do you experience this? It's not fair, to say the least.

What do you think?

It doesn?t really bother me to be a Thai girl living outside Thailand. I have no problem to tell my husband friends or other westerners that I am Thai. What bothering me is the age difference. My husband is a bit older than me. I remember his western lady friend offered to check my work background since she knew people in the company I worked with. Hah! She thought I lied about my work and I was after my husband for something. I let her prove. Ridiculous!

In Thailand, I had more problems. Life has changed after I got married. I felt uncomfortable going out with my husband in Bangkok. I felt like I have to dress up all the time. If I wore jean plus my darker skin, oh! Yes you might be a whore. My dear husband didn?t understand Thai language so it didn?t bother him what people said. He had no idea what I had to put up with. When I went out by myself, people treated me normally. What a different. I hesitated to show affection in public. My husband did say that he could feel intension and stress from me.

I truly feel sad. Thailand is my country. I am Thai. I love my country, the beloved king and religion. I want to live closer to my parents but it seems difficult. I know I have to look beyond what people think. Life is too short to be suffering from silly reasons.

Inside Thailand, people may look at me as a hooker ??????

Outside Thailand, people curious why I am married an older guy. Sugar daddy! Sometimes, I wonder what young western guys think about me when they see me walking with me husband. I know what western ladies think. I can understand from their eyes.

I have been trying to build my thicker skin. Not yet?I am still struggling. My husband said I had to speak up and be aggressive. I know who I am. Why do I need to prove? What is the value of human? The goodness, not looks, skin color or nationality.

Sorry for my long answer. Nothing to do with Sinsot????.You made a mistake to ask me those questions. I am exploded.:onfire:

After all of my complaint, I am ok. [color:"pink"] Love keeps me alive.[/color]

:angel:

s_snowdrop said: [color:"pink"] Love keeps me alive.[/color]

Now there's something not seen on this board very often, either in sentiment or color! :)

A woman's touch is always welcome (and where IS Jasmine??) Good balance to the high concentration of androgens.

S-drop

Very nice to read your candid thoughts. How long have you been reading this board and how did you find it?

You have the potential to offer some insights from a place that we can rarely access, both in regards to gender and to the experience of truly being dependent on the whims of another for your financial security.

I look forward to seeing your contributions to some other threads. Maybe if you do a quick scan of the relationship or other forums you might see a discussion to which you'd care to add some comments.

Good luck and welcome.

snowdrop

It is good to hear your side of the story. All too often we hear how difficult it is for the western man to cope with the issues that are involved with marrying a Thai women that we tend to forget how difficult it is for the women. In fact if you look at the points you raise i think it is probably much harder for the women.

If she lives in Thailand she has to deal with the slurs and snide comments about herself and her husband from fellow Thais and similarly if she lives overseas she must deal with the prejudices that many western people have towards Thai women. In many situations the Thai women is also financially dependent on the man which makes her postition even more precarious.

Zorro...Yes!you are right :applause:

Since you live in the Middle-East, you may understand how difficult for women. I wish I could lie that I love where I live now. I HATE IT! Can't find a reasonable job for me.To count on my husband,I feel insecure.

s_snowdrop said:

After all of my complaint, I am ok. [color:"pink"] Love keeps me alive.[/color]

I'm 25 years older than my wife and we deal with prejudice and those who are are jealous of what we have on a somewhat regular basis. However, it is only a small aspect of our relationship and what we have together far outweights what we are faced with.

We are also the kind of people who don't mind "locking horns" with idiots. My wife does it with a smile, sometime I can also.

Good luck and welcome to the board. :up:

HIGH THAIED said:

Hi Shyguy,

Not a bad idea. But as Rangsit is a private university, unlike Thammasat, which is government subsidized, I might be better off paying a million baht. 2 years dorming there for a BS degree in computer science, costs a pretty penny. I've been told it is one of the most expensive universities in Thailand.

Just my luck! :: :doah:

HT

I had a look on the Rangsit website. I looked at the fees and they don't look outrageous.

5000 University fee

200-7000 class/lab fee per unit (7000 for pharmacy lab)

So one semester is probably ~20000 baht. So 4 years is less than 200000 baht.

I think ABAC is the most expensive uni.

Yepp. ABAC would probably be the most expensive one. Wife studied there, and it cost something like 100000 Baht per Semster (not completely sure how the that sum came together).

She even had to pay 40000 baht just to be able to write her thesis. When she was finished, she had to pay another 35000 to enter it, and then defend it.

If you wanna take part at the graduation ceremony, that will set you back another 10k.

But said that, they appearantly give quite a lot of stipends to kids from the countryide, who couldn`t afford to study there.

Ever been to their campus outside BKK? Looks pretty impressive, and not like a campus at all.

But said that I would even go so far to say it is a waste of money. That money would better have been spent on other things.

Archived