Tia Maria, Bad Mexican...

Old Hippie

Roi Et girl wanted to eat at This place, Tia Maria, Soi 23, so of course we went. It was awful! The tacos were on par with what they served in my high school cafeteria, all those many years ago! ("Sloppy Joe" in a tortillia) An insult to Mexicans and Mexican food lovers everywhere! The Nachos were just o.k. Price was reasonable, the place was clean, and a decent "taqueria" type atmosphere, but the food could use some work...They have Corona beer, at 200+ BHT a bottle, (forget the full price), but I guess if you are desparate, this may be the only game in town.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH,

Sorry to hear your experience. When in Pattaya take your Roi Et lady to Tequila Reef in Soi 7 Beach Rd. Not bad Baja Food and half decent margueritas. One of the partners, Rob, used to have a noshery in San Francisco.

Btw, do you remember the Tia Maria in the Emeryville marina about 20 years ago?

i pass often Tia Maria and the restaurant seems always empty. also not a nice interior. have there only been once and it was not good,

much better is Senior Pico in Rembrandt Hotel (suk soi 18/20); food is good, nice decoration and life band with mexican or probably more south american music.

however it is not cheap.

there is also a mexican restaurant in Patpong (forgot the name) and some "all american restaurants" like Bourbon Street and San Franz etc. have mexican dishes as well...

there is also a mexican restaurant in Patpong (forgot the name) and some "all american restaurants" like Bourbon Street and San Franz etc. have mexican dishes as well...

The one on the corner on Silom and PP ?

I forgot the name a swell, but was there last year.

So so food, nothing special.....

However the body massage afterwards way betterrrrrrr

BB

Zorro said:

PR

Have to disagree with you about Tequila Reef in Pattaya.

One of the worst places I have eaten in Thailand...

Maybe the Thais just cannot do Mexican...

Well, one of the better places is eating at the "Y". The Thai puyings can do there.

"Life is a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more"

Archived