Got a runner at Pretty lady

JaiGuruDev said:
khunsanuk said:

I guess it is a matter of reading.

If my daughter had gone out on a date and misbehaved (Lord knows she?s not perfect), and her suitor brought her back to me saying, ?She?s lucky I didn?t throw her against the damn wall like most other guys might do.? I can pretty much guaranty you that the fellow would be in for a memorable evening.

That's the way *I* read it.

You misread what darklover said. As to whatever you might do to some guy who might complain about your daughter's behavior (without knowing what she could've done), it sounds like you and darklover may have a lot in commom. What was the term you used for him? :)

We have no idea how he presented the issue to the mamasan...was he full-blown psycho? Mannered and straight-forward? Long-winded or short-and-sweet? (I know, wouldn't make any difference in the long-run anyway.)

The original poster merely asked what he could do to avoid getting burned by a runner. He got some good advice, ie., be more selective in his choices; don't confront a runner (tell her to leave and/or put the appropriate amount of money on her purse/wallet/clothes), don't argue, call security if there is a problem; go find another wench.

Jai yen yen

Hugh (mak)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All,

Let's get this in perspective here a bit, as I agree with JaiGD that DL's statement was over the top somewhat:

Direct quote from DL's post:

"I slammed the door and went to bed and the next night I went to the gogo and told mamasan what I did and it was not a good practice for that girl to do to men who have travelled a long way to have some bullshit given to them, I told her she is lucky I did not throw her against the damn wall or something like most other farangs might do and that the boss in bangkok should be told about this shit," The italics are mine.

So DL states this is what he said to the mamasan later. I see where JGD is coming from here, and read this much as he did I believe. I think the insinuation that "most" punters might "throw her against the damn wall or something like most other farangs might do" is what upset JGDeva, and is understandable in the context this is written. I know of no one who would do this to a runner, and would advise anyone against doing so, as it could end up being a very dangerous thing to do, and there is very little reason to be violent in such situations. I think JGD was upset that DL insinuated that "most" punters here might behave this way. This is just NOT so in my own experience and from what I have heard and read. So I see where he is coming from. Maybe this would happen in the same type of situation in the OP's home country and other places in the west, but it doesn't happen by "most" punters here, and would not be advisable to do the same here. JGD is right to point this out and to speak up due to some total newbie reading this and getting the impression this is done here in these situations, or can be done with impunity. Just ain't so.

Luckily in my own experience I've had little trouble with runners over the years I was indulging in P4P. My biggest problem usually was getting them to leave in the morning actually.

On the little scam of "I have to bring key to flat-mate. She no have key! Me leave now." I did have that tried on me once. I laughed and said, "Okay, here's some taxi money. Go give the key to your friend and come back here." Haha. She saw I saw through her scam, and it frustrated her toot suite! :D "I don't know where she is. Maybe take long time." she stated. Yeah, right. How much does it cost to make a copy of a key in Pattaya? 10 baht maybe? :) "Then I pay you short time, and you can go find your friend and give her the key, and I'll go find another lady who can stay long time." Best to pay her off then at a reduced ST rate with a small "tip" for taxi and go out and find another. Or bring her back to the bar and do so with the Mamasan if the bar is still open, and choose another. Luckily back then in those times Pattaya was basically open almost all night in some areas. Bangkok as well.

But, the circumstances vary, and there are many scenarios and criteria involved in how you can or should handle this crap. It also depends on the guy and his own experiences and such in these matters as well. What works for one may not work for another in like circumstances. Attitude and impressions conveyed by both, and body language and all these many myriad of things come into effect as well. A confrontational or demanding and emotional or angry stance only inflames these situations usually. Best to be sweet and jai yen yen, and even lie your ass off to assuage and soothe the lass involved. :) But, your individual mileage may vary.

It is good to tell these stories here though, as we all can maybe benefit from hearing a certain bar has a higher percentage of runners than others, and we can vote to avoid the bar in question with our baht and our feet.

Cent

Hugh_Hoy said:

You misread what darklover said.

Really? Here?s his quote so it can be fresh in your mind.

darklover said:

I slammed the door and went to bed and the next night I went to the gogo and told mamasan what I did and it was not a good practice for that girl to do to men who have travelled a long way to have some bullshit given to them, I told her she is lucky I did not throw her against the damn wall or something like most other farangs might do and that the boss in bangkok should be told about this shit, she apologised to me about that girl, me I sat there with a bad taste in my mouth, and friend enjoyed the girl he took no problems and decided to have her again, then we left. I don't put up with bullshit after travelling halfway around the world for hours in a little seat to have this crap. You want to know about my culture kick her ass out!

Please explain to me what I misread? And as far as the way it was presented goes, the tone in his post is pretty evident.

With regard to your veiled insult; you obviously assumed I would handle the situation in my little story the same way as darklover, but what did I actually say? There you go again? Come on, you can do better than that?

Turning the story around illustrates beautifully just how egregious his comments were.

But now I?m curious. Do you put yourself in the group of ?most other farangs? that would ?throw her against the damn wall or something?? Or are you one of the few farangs that wouldn?t even *think* of doing such a thing?

As disturbing as darklover?s comments are, it?s equally disturbing that comments like his wouldn?t be roundly condemned as really really bad advice.

Hi,

"it?s equally disturbing that comments like his wouldn?t be roundly condemned as really really bad advice. "

I think we all know that abusing a bargirl in whatever way is really stupid as it almost certainly come back to haunt you (likely in the way of a couple of Thai guys with steel pipes / baseball bats), but that still didn't justify your initial comment.

Anyway, I think tempers are beginning to flare a bit in this thread so maybe we should all give it a rest?

Sanuk!

JaiGuruDev said:
khunsanuk said:

I guess it is a matter of reading.

If my daughter had gone out on a date and misbehaved (Lord knows she?s not perfect), and her suitor brought her back to me saying, ?She?s lucky I didn?t throw her against the damn wall like most other guys might do.? I can pretty much guaranty you that the fellow would be in for a memorable evening.

That's the way *I* read it.

Your Daughter????

We are talking about prostitution here. If a prostitute agrees to a LT in the bar and then skips out, she's broken a business agreement that was made in the bar. She's had time to evaluate her customer in the bar and should stick to the agreement.

I think Dark Lover was right to complain to the mamasan, but it wasn't necessary to include the 'throwing against the wall' comment. I don't think *most* men of any culture would resort to violence in such a circumstance.

khunsanuk said:

I think we all know...

Respectfully, I have to say that not calling out patently bad advice such as darklover?s because everybody should know it?s bad advice isn?t good enough.

Because there?s a hitch; we all really *don?t* know. Darklover doesn?t, for one; he thinks we should agree to disagree on the subject.

Sure, someone that?s been around a few times may know better. But what about all the newbies and lurkers that haven?t even been to LOS yet.

Guys ask questions like the original poster because they really don?t know. And I would hate to think I contributed to a newbie?s getting tough with a girl because I was silent in the thread.

Maybe my point of view is different because I?ve spent so much time with rank newbies lately, and know they fall for the most amazing things.

There are a lot of different ways to do a lot of different things in LOS, and that?s one of the things that makes the forum interesting. But I think we *all* should speak out if patently bad advice is posted.

khunsanuk said:

but that still didn't justify your initial comment.

I must give you your due on that, but I?m not trying to justify my initial comment; starting with my second post in the thread I?m trying to point out how really bad darklover?s advice is.

Hi,

"I must give you your due on that, but I?m not trying to justify my initial comment; starting with my second post in the thread I?m trying to point out how really bad darklover?s advice is."

Then I guess we are in agreement. My main problem was not so much with you taking acception to the comment from darklover, but mainly that you did so with a flame.

Sanuk!

jxxxl said:

We are talking about prostitution here.

It doesn?t matter. Imagine a pimp and whose star ho left early to go score another ST so she could bring him more money; is the pimp going to be upset with her for bringing him extra money, or some guy that?s in his face saying the pimp is lucky he didn?t throw his little money maker against the wall?

My advice is don?t try darklover?s advice in Chicago, and don?t try it in Bangkok either.

JaiGuruDev said:
jxxxl said:

We are talking about prostitution here.

It doesn?t matter. Imagine a pimp and whose star ho left early to go score another ST so she could bring him more money; is the pimp going to be upset with her for bringing him extra money, or some guy that?s in his face saying the pimp is lucky he didn?t throw his little money maker against the wall?

My advice is don?t try darklover?s advice in Chicago, and don?t try it in Bangkok either.

Point taken. I think the incinuation of violence is not a good idea anywhere, and it's really unnecessary particularly in this case.

Archived