What is the Best Job in Thailand?

What is the best job to have while living in Thailand? Not having one doesn't count! Retirement/ trust fund/savings don't count!

Who has the coolest job and what kind of money do you make per month or year and why is it so good?

SkiBum

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know guys who do a bit technical consulting in Asia; one trip (in biz class of course) per month 3-4 days, maybe 2 but certainly not during weekend. rest they stay at their home office doing a bit emails and presentations. living in a expat villa in phuket or pattaya paid by employer. get 150k usd or more and some expat fringe benefits....

Nervous_Dog said:

Condmom testing for the condom king.

this entails wearing 10 different condoms a day, having sex with complete beautiful strangers to make sure they dont break..

Wonderful job, just wish he'd do it! :(

DOG

NV,

Why would complete beautiful strangers break in the first place ??? :dunno::p

BB

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Didn't see too many serious answers anyhow here's mine.

The best job in Thailand is the same as the best job anywhere, one you enjoy.

I do the same job now with the same company that I've been doing for the last 20 years. When I decided to live in Thailand they just said 'OK'. Doesn't matter much where I live since so much travel is involved in the job. Plus point is that mostly that travel is in this region so I went from 12+hour long hauls to 3 hour hops typically.

I live in Thailand, have a sponsored work permit, get paid a UK salary, travel all over Asia on a regular basis, other parts of the world occasionally, am now at 50+ countries. Fucked women in most of them. I don't get the big fat expat salary, just a normal UK one less tax, but then I'm not counting the days to contract end either.

Have I got the best job in Thailand? Probably not but within the bounds of my own capabilities and limitations I'd say fairly close to the best for me. Thinking about it more I think the job rolls into the whole life thing. If you have what you see as a good life then a good job is probably a part of that, but even a crap job can be okay if the rest of your life is good.

I have enough stamps to apply for PR and enough plus points to think that I should get it easily, wife, kids, house, land, etc. It's easy to piss and moan and I can certainly do that at times but all in, I'm one happy chap.

Cheers

M.

I live in Thailand, have a sponsored work permit, get paid a UK salary, travel all over Asia on a regular basis, other parts of the world occasionally, am now at 50+ countries.

OK, radioman, as you seem to be living the life that many of us aspire to, my question is simple :

Would you retire in Thailand or anywhere else in Asia ?

If I actually did any work I might qualify. :D

My wife does all of the sales, my brother-in-law does all of the driving and loading and unloading and I just go along for the ride and to be introduced as "the big boss" (not kidding). :p

My wife asks my opinion before she does anything at all, especially concerning money. When ever I want or need to make a large expenditure my wife will ask me where the money will come from. The answer is, "condom money". :grinyes:

In reality I work like a dog in the States to fund the condom company. :doah: It does make a profit but we always spend it rather than reinvest. :dunno:

Archived