Thai girls are best

Limbo,

Lets be reasonable here....

Your misleading statement "that you can catch genital warts or any STD with a condom" is implying the condom is not doing what it is intended to or has an unusual permeation or penetration rate which it eventually does have but very small under normal and properly used conditions.

Of course it is not going to protect you from exposed areas or any other uncovered area. Who said that? That is just common sense! The condom makes do not advertise that it protects your whole body from STDs. That is quite obvious and who is arguing that point?

It is quite efective in protecting what it is intended to protect from STDs. The other exposed areas, yes of course you are suspectible to the infectious transmission cycle and you take your chances which are not good.Do you think that what this debate is about?

How you and GTG are expressing your ideas is unfairly arguing a point which has nothing to do with the limited purpose of a condom and blames the condom for something that is not in its scope or realm of defintion.

You have taken on the mentality similar to why someone shouldn't wear a bullet proof vest. You can shot in the head and killed so why bother wearing a barrier that is designed only to protect your torso. If it was practical, yes there would be a 100% total body uniform but that might impede the functionality of the person carrying out their duties or in theory there would be a total body condom but i think that might take away from the sexual experience...

What i take away from how you wrote your oversimpliefied message is that the condom is not effective in reducing or preventing STDs.

It is incredible effective in preventing or reducing STD to areas that the condom covers if properly used.

GTG,

I have met CDC employees, attended numerous CDC programs, called CDC dozens of times in my profession over the years seeking consultation, advice or intreprtation to various regulations, standards, guidelines, training programs, etc.

I am quite familar with the org and structure of CDC and how regulations are promulagated, comment periods, drafting of rules, etc so i am not sure what message you are trying to convey to me...

Please tell me the meaningful and articulate question you want me to ask them and i will but just like the condom it needs to be within that scope and practicaality of the question and not turned into some general, idealistic, pie-in-the-sky question...

CB

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CB,

Still I'm merely only reacting to your previous stetement that you can't pick up an STD if you use a condom.

I assume that most posters here didn't know that it was possible to pick up genital warts with a correctly functioning condom.

Your initial statement isn't correct.

Quote;

"Your misleading statement "that you can catch genital warts or any STD with a condom" is implying the condom is not doing what it is intended to or has an unusual permeation or penetration rate which it eventually does have but very small under normal and properly used conditions."

CB, this staement by you really troubles me, you quote me saying things that I never said. I never said that you can get any STD with a condom, I only talked about geniatl warts. Could you please stick to the facts and don't start slinging mud here. I don't really appreciate that. Normally you're a fair poster, please keep up to your reputation and just state the facts. Thanks.

In general I don't see why you try so hard to defend your misleading statement.

Qoute;

"What i take away from how you wrote your oversimpliefied message is that the condom is not effective in reducing or preventing STDs. "

Well, thanks for clarifying that then. Once you made a statement that doesn't carry it's weight, other posters that counter given statement are simple and not worthy of your intellectual knowledge.

Why don't you lighten up and admit that your statement was plain wrong.

As a matter of fact, did you ever state on this board that you may have been wrong in something that you said.

This is a reaction not worthy of your profile here CB.

Quote;

"It is incredible effective in preventing or reducing STD to areas that the condom covers if properly used."

Never said anything different and I strongly encourage condom use for sexual intercourse if you don't have a steady partner.

GTG,

You sound like one of the Catholic nuns teaching school kids about sex.

"Your best bet at preventing infection is to abstain from sex or limit sexual contact to one uninfected person".

As long as they are uninfected, what difference does it make between one and thousands? Since Herpes can be shed asymptomatically, are you suggesting that any person kissing or being kissed first have a herpes antibody titer run? "Umh, mother, I'd like to kiss you goodbye, but do you happen to have your recent blood tests back yet?"

Herpes is extremely common-one study estimated that 50% of adults in America will test positive for the virus by the age of 50. Scary? Not really because for the majority of people it either causes no symptoms or a few outbreaks. As far as the statistics for HSV-1 versus HSV-2, what difference does it make? Still Herpes.

HPV is also very common. Genital warts are usually caused by low-risk HPV, so wearing a condom does protect against picking-up high-risk HPV. Of the women who acquire high-risk HPV, most do not develop cervical cancer.

tomc12,

I didn't say the sentence you quoted. I just quoted it from the website (I also showed the link.)

>As far as the statistics for HSV-1 versus HSV-2, what difference does it make? Still Herpes.<

To show that they are commom and as commom as they are, it makes it a lot easier to get in contact to persons who have it.

Yes, it is commom but no one wants to get it.

Or do you ?

tomc12 said:

GTG,

You sound like one of the Catholic nuns teaching school kids about sex.

Hurray! Someone else picked up on it.

And in case, you didn't know, GoodThaiGirl, from memory I think tomc12 is a doctor who's posted many experienced answers on the health forum.

Everything in life is about choices, weighing up the balance of risks with potential consequences. So what's the point of bringing up possible diseases that 90% of the population don't have? Is there a reason why don't pop up with similarly dire warnings in the food forum about MSG in restaurant khao phat gai presenting a risk of cancer and heart disease? Could it be, as tom implies, that it's more of a puritan concern than a health one? (And don't tell me "it's different" because everyone has to eat. They can choose what to eat there too! And, the more you eat, the greater the risk, surely...)

GTG,

I don't think you realize the implications of the quotation, so let's change it slightly but equally valid:

"Your best bet at preventing infection is to abstain from kissing or limit kissing contact to one uninfected person".

As bibblies said, life is about making choices. My choice to to kiss and be kissed by my loved ones without requiring a recent Herpes test.

tomc12,

I knew you're a doctor. I was going to say you were ignorance with the subject matter but I thought it would be too hard on you. I know maybe you're not an expert on the subject and there are many diseases around and to get an update for each and every one of them is a tough job on any doctors.

From what I read, kissing like quick peck on the check when the infected person doesn't have an obvious outbreak is very unlikely to transmit HSV to the other preson. But deep kissing has more potential to transmit. So I think social kissing like when people greet one another is ok.

Sexual contact (oral/intercourse) is another matter. I hope you would agree with me.

biblies,

>So what's the point of bringing up possible diseases that 90% of the population don't have?<

I don't get it ???????

tomc12 just said one study estimated that 50% of adults in America will test positive for the virus by the age of 50.

Where did you get those 90% number from ?

All I'm trying here is to get many people here some info so they would make their decision according to it. I'm sure many people don't know about these HSV and HPV before we discuss them here - like it is incurable, easy to mistaken for other diseases, asymetrical shedding, etc.

Yes, we are all adults, but sometimes we choose what we want to hear.

Next time you guys go to a blood work or annual check-up, please ask for these two viral testings and you'll be surprise that they are not included in the standard std testing ! (So when you said," I'm fully tested." in fact, you're NOT.

Take care ( I mean it in every sense of the word.)

GTG,

You are taking on the proverbial 800 pound gorilla. I admire your audacity, but your presumption is wrong.

Go back to your cited manual on Herpes (written by a nurse and a psychologist) and you will find this: "Oral Herpes is usually acquired between the ages of 0-10...". Now how do you think they acquired it? By deep kissing? No, by social kissing.

What is the significance of asymptomatic shedding of the virus around the genitals or mouth? Is there any significant difference between HSV-1 and HSV-2 other than preferred location and frequency? Should you tell someone you have genital Herpes? How about that you had a cold sore as a child? One carries a social stigma and the other does not. Why?

Archived