Thai girls are best

Prosal said:

Despite what scaremongers want people to believe, the threat of STD's for heterosexual men is GREATLY exagerated.

Oh wow, I just woke up!

You are right!!!

All those people I know who got chlamydia (in the eye and throat as well), Molluscum, and NGU are ALL closet gays!!!

Phewwww. I'm so GLAD that's out of the way. Oh yeah. Condoms are 100% protection against All these things.

Oh yeah. That's right. STD's aren't REAL.

The only people who go to doctors for STD's are gay people and drug users. Hetero's only account for a miniscule portion!!!

<<burp>>

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF ? ::

Did I say that SDTs aren't real ..... is your brain that atrophied that you have problems to understand ?

I said that I'm yet to catch an SDTs which can't be fixed on a few rounds of antibiotics, that with the new meds herpes was just a pain in the ass, that HPV is so common it almost considered "normal" to have it, and that anyway all this can be dealt with relatively easily.

HIV/AIDS is the one everyone is really terrified about, and IMO just isn't spread easily from female to male.

End of story.

Kind of hoping Josh_Ingu will weigh in here, he is pretty much an expert on this type of stuff...my understanding is, there is some reason to believe that Herpes (not sure if one or both types) goes away or stops being a problem after awhile...10 years or so...? hey why worry about this shit...? there is even a dating service here in SFO for people with STDS and HIV...you know those girls put out! :)

GTG,

I treat diagnosis, treat, and counsel patients with HSV and HIV. Your assumption that I don't already know about the connection between HSV and HIV is both wrong and arrogant.

".....please care if you ruin other people's life." Back to the "good" versus the "bad" Herpes concept-GTG, don't you fully read your cited references? Read the article attached to your reference on: HSV-1 vs HSV-2. Is not the concluding remark "Regardless of location, herpes is herpes is herpes"?

As stated before, kids commonly pick-up HSV-1 between the ages of 0-10. Is it by "deep" kissing? No. Is it by family members with visible cold sores around their mouth? No. It is commonly picked up by social kissing with an asymptomatic shedder, for although the transmission rate is lower, it happens more often. Does this "ruin" the child's life? No, you and gummigut are propounding, because it isn't HSV-2. So, again, I am asking you both "what is the big FREAK'N difference" between HSV-1 and HSV-2? Neither one of you has produced one significant difference between the two, and yet, you continue in your "doomsday" attitude towards genital Herpes. I have to ask why you are so concerned with protecting your genitals and not your mouth?

CB,

Taking one of the antivirals such as Zovirax, Valtrex, etc., can reduce asymptomatic shedding of the virus. In one study, 80% tested negative for the virus, but 20% still were positive shedders. Whether the infectivity of those 20% was altered or not was not tested.

Tomc12,

Could a significant difference be that HSV 2 is more dangerous to babies at the time of pregnancies if their mothers are active? Is it because of strictly location that is the threat or is HSV 2 is different in some regard vs had HSV 1 had been located in the birth canal? Is the threat the location or the location AND the type of strain?

You guys got me interested enough in this topic that i had to break out my PDR 15th edition.

Could this be a big difference? It says that the rate of recurrence is much more likely with type 2 than type 1. They quote a 30% difference! If that is true, that would be a significant difference between the two types. It would be interesting to see the controls in that or those studies...

I have used acyclovir in the past but really didn't have much effect with regard to symptoms and didn't notice any great reduction in duration as well. I haven't take it as a preventive measure because i was told if i stopped the dosage, I am back to square one as to future outbreaks. I would be basically be taking a drug for the rest of my life in that scenario. I think the best prevention is trying to reduce or eliminate the known causes of the outbreak. General sickness (i.e. flu, colds) is the hardest one to control though....

CB

Prosal said:

WTF ... Did I say that SDTs aren't real ..... is your brain that atrophied that you have problems to understand ?

Not directed at you in particular Prosal.

What I was objecting too was the fact that someone on the board brings up information and everyone climbs down that person's throat.

STD's are out there waiting just for you, hehe. It's a risk we all take when we play the game. More education can only help. Screaming down people's throat and minimizing dangers doesn't help.

As for male heterosexuals and HIV... The CDC shows 40k some odd new cases of HIV in 2003. 13k of that was spread in the form of heterosexual activity. 25%

What this shows is that heterosexual activity is becoming a much more important vehicle of transmission than has been historically recorded as the 1 million aids cases, heterosexual activitiy only accounts for 15%.

Even discounting aids, anal warts, crabs, blah blah blah ain't all that hard to catch.

As for the difference between HSV-1 and 2. Virally I understand the importance is very little.

But chosing between having open sores in my mouth or my asshole then that's an easy question to answer. To me, that's a HUGE difference.

<<burp>>

GTG.

PS.I think sometimes my username gets me in trouble like this time. If I used other name, I might not get this kind of reaction from you guys. Just think about it.

What other names were you thinking of? :angel:

(muffled sounds of bibblies manfully restraining himself from offering a lot of suggestions ::)

You still don't seem to have accepted the main point that others, notably tomc12 who makes human health his profession, have already known about this for a long time and consider its relative threat in the context of rewards and thousands of other things that they know could damage their lives if they did any of them. I bet, as a doctor, tomc12 does indeed knowingly do hundreds of things every month which he knows carry a risk to his health. He knows some could be fatal. He knows some could be incurable. He knows how he could damage his life in so many ways by each action or inaction (not exercising enough or not eating the optimum diet, for example) but he still chooses to do each thing.

He knows. We know. (We have the Internet too, you know.) We know and make our own choices.

I still can't believe you're patronising a doctor about knowledge of diseases, btw...

CB,

Neonatal Herpes generally depends on location. I say generally because there have been some cases of in utero Herpes, but these are rare. Most cases are acquired from either HSV-1 or HSV-2 being present along the birth canal. Incidence of neonatal Herpes is approximately 1/5,000-20,000.

You still seem to be under the impression that it is only people with visible lesions who are transmitting the virus.

The rate of recurrence is higher with HSV-2 than HSV-1, but you have to counterbalance that with the much higher prevalence of HSV-1 and the fact that for the majority of people, recurrence is infrequent.

If you haven't had much help from Zovirax, you might try Valtrex or Famvir.

gummigut,

When you present information, you have to be careful not to "color" the information, which I thing GTG was unknowingly doing.

By the way, either virus may cause lesions around your anus.

WOW! didn't think this thread would get so heated! Listen guys i always used a condom and got tested over there in BKK and back here in the UK and am clean... why don't u be safe, chill out and let people fuck around... it's better than being hooked on drugs or hurting people... if you've got such a problem with sex then perhaps it's u that has a problem?

peace

surfbum

Archived