Why shell out "sponsor" a BG!

Cent,

first of all, one needs to be very dubious of girls who use the net...It would be a big negative and not a positive type behavior...

These girls would represent just a subset of the GTG market and i bet you will find a common theme among girl users who are using the net to meet/con guys.

I view using the net as very similar to a venue like bars. You are not going to meet the cream of the crop. The best of the best do n ot exhibit this type of behavior and would not be in their make up to do..And yes, i am not saying all girls who use the net are scum, but probably a significant pattern there to warrant a red flag. Example your friend is finding out isn't he?...

It would be wrong to draw inferences from net users to a broader representation of GTGs. They are just one bad apple in a bunch...

he needs to try different venues and situations of the GTG market....

Cardinalblue

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CB,

Oh, I agree really with what you are saying here, but, this is a legitimate way to meet people now in the west. It's very big. But here it seems to be used in a different way by some. And they may be a "subset" as you say, but these are still, supposedly, if we use the term used here by a lot of guys, GTG's. Not bar girls. University educated with degrees. Decent jobs. From decent middle class families. These are not pros or hookers. So my using this example isn't off the wall here. It is as you say, a small portion of the whole. Personally I feel it is better to meet people from walks of life as you go about your daily work and leisure time if you want to get to know them first. Rather than on the net itself, but this is a big thing in itself now, and a way a lot of guys from here, and from around the world are meeting Thai women.

Cent

The net does seem to be the big thing these days and certainly all types of people are using the net to find lovers, partners, buddies spouses etc

Personally i prefer the old fashioned way of meeting people through acquaitances and friends and at social functions.

It is difficult enough sorting through the people you meet face to face without the diffculty of doing it over the net. Now i know you can use a webcam and all but it is still not the same thing.

Thai girls know there is market for them in farangland and they are using the technology to their advantage. Many middle class girls are stuck if they want to move upwards in society. By hooking or marrying a farang they can get ahead and in their minds live a better life. I have always thought the average Thai is more obsessed with money and status than your average farang ( i could be wrong but i have that feeling). The internet has provided women with the opportunity to access millions of farangs in the hope that they can move up the social ladder.

I think the question of love here is a mute point because i believe a lot of women will be prepared to 'love you' if you provide them with their material and emotional needs.

I am sure there are plenty of genuine women looking for love on the net but of course it is an ideal place for all the scammers to camouflage themselves and also a place where it is much more difficult to identify them.

Cent -

"Just goes to show you it's not just the "bar culture" where this shit is happening. It is there in all levels of society, and not just in Thailand either. Find a good one and hang on to her, or just P4P and have fun until you do, if you want to that is."

Yes, my observations are that this is definitely what is going on in Brazil, generally speaking of course...

It seems to be the trend of our times.

We are in a materialistic society where even marriage is now a short-term contract complete with opportunism, options, and potentially asymmetrical payouts for all paths.

A "good" one, is a RGTG - a really good Thai girl...or a RGWG - really good Western girl. I know that they are out there, but they are extraordinarily hard to find in a bar, difficult to find through the internet, and not easy to find everywhere else. And the biggest problem in finding them is that we are talking about values, which are not printed on everyone's forehead to be read by all - like some sort of FDA label - fair disclosure...

These RGG's, however, I am afraid, were the ones that only our fathers had a chance to see in large quantities - back in the 1940's and 50's.

For now, when you walk into a relationship you must do so with one foot left behind...just step halfway in at first...

Riotiger

Zorro -

"Many middle class girls are stuck if they want to move upwards in society. By hooking or marrying a farang they can get ahead and in their minds live a better life. I have always thought the average Thai is more obsessed with money and status than your average farang."

I am not that sure about Thailand, but have been in Brazil for six years playing the short-term love markets and this is what is going on there, definitely. :help: And from what I hear it is the same in the USA. And the internet is the same scene there.

My opinion is that it is only a matter of time before men get wise and start doing what the women are doing - they start screening for wealth and social standing as well - insist on a sort of explicit dowery for any long-term relationships. I am not sure about in Thailand, but in Brazil and in the USA the Family Courts are definitely favoring women in paying out alimony and giving away assets. To compensate for that, men need an even larger dowerey.

The days of buying a diamond ring and showing your wealth to get the girl of your dreams is OVER. She buys the diamond ring, or has a multiple of 1000 in her daddy's bank account to make up for it...

Otherwise stick to short-term markets - non commitment internet relations - p4p - etc.

So my current plan is to go slowly, ever so slowly, work your way up through connections, introductions, social networking, towards the really good Thai girls - the ones that have good DNA, good ethical social programming, and a good social and economic situation (and I mean a really good one...not the middle class...).

And what about sponsorship of a BG?

Well, to each his own. There are many ways to approach this - there were five categories in the above post, and for me I think that if I do any sponsoring in the future it will be in the fifth category - to keep my sexual interest, and to provide stories and drama and entertainment. Yes, I think that this is a valid way to proceed.

And while doing the sponsorship, I think that I will have to pretend to the sponsoree that I am in Category 1. Thai girls have multiple faces?

Well baby, move over, cause its time for the Terminator II to take over - better and improved - its a the new Farang model here - complete with a NP S5 processor core (thats Nanaplaza Sponsor Category 5) - hidden behind the old CPU...

Riotiger

I'll ask again...for the guys sponsoring these girls, how do you know the money is being used as directed? How do you know you are not supporting a Thai BF, and wasdting your money on a girl who is lying to you? What will the girl do when you stop? when will you stop...Answers...?

All,

OH is right here. Let's get this thread back on the OP's (original poster's) topic for this thread.

My answers for OH:

1. for the guys sponsoring these girls, how do you know the money is being used as directed?

Most don't know, and never will. Whether they care or not is up to them. But, I do agree that the MAJORITY do care, and if they found out that a.) the girl has other sponsors, they'd stop sending their money b.) The girl has a Thai boyfriend/husband, they'd stop sending their money c.) the girl is going with other punters, they'd stop sending their money.

2. How do you know you are not supporting a Thai BF, and wasting your money on a girl who is lying to you?

You don't know. Easy answer. Most guys don't know and usually never will unless the lady screws up.

3. What will the girl do when you stop?

Find another sponsor to take your place most likely.

4. when will you stop?

When you find out she is doing one, or all, of a, b, and c from question number 1's answer. Or when you see that it is a drain on your pocket, or suspect a, b, or c. Or when you realize it is a waste of money. Or when the blush of infatuation fades as time goes on and you are far away. Or when she stops answering her phone, SMS', and e-mails. There's a few other possibilities as well.

5. Answers?

I'd like to hear these as well. I think we've nit-picked, wandered all over the off topic areas, and said enough on the "variations" of this theme enough in this thread. I would think everyone here knows that the MAJORITY of sponsors believe the lady they are sponsoring is waiting for them to come back, using the sponsorship monies to survive and not "work bar" or "go with man". Please notice the qualifier "MAJORITY" here. Let us stop splitting hairs here and answer the damned question proposed.

"Why shell out "sponsor" a BG?!"

Why indeed? Where are all the guys who are supposedly doing this? I'd like to hear from them as well if they are on the board. I suspect most are newer to the scene, or guys who have "fallen in love" and want sole proprietorship of the lasses affections. I suspect also that MOST of them are expecting what I feel is the original "intent" behind this sponsorship phenomenon, to keep the lass from working in the bar and/or going with other guys until they return their next trip over.

Yes, there are variations on the theme, but let's get back to the core of the phenomenon.

Cent

I only did this once, therefore it can hardly be called "sponshorship"

I paid her 30k baht for staying one month with me.

Bought her a phone and she went home, we talked almost daily, no bar or street noise, I was fairly sure she was staying in her village. I promised to come back after one month, I did rent a house here around Chumpon, thus I was not joking.

She did not believe I would be back, I did not believe she would be at the airport when I returned. She came by train from Udon that night and was waiting in the arrivals hall for 10 hours. That was more than 3 years ago, still toghether.

I did check where she withdrew money that month, her village indeed and never catched her telling me lies. I probably have a good one.

A guy here paid 6 months rent and some dough for a girl to wait for his return. She fucks farangs in the meantime for money ( I know, she fucks them in the guesthouse next to my place). That's sponshorship all right.

Thalenoi,

"A guy here paid 6 months rent and some dough for a girl to wait for his return. She fucks farangs in the meantime for money ( I know, she fucks them in the guesthouse next to my place). That's sponshorship all right."

Exactly what I think as well. That is "sponsorship" all right, a lot of the time this is exactly what is happening. I feel a majority (that would be more than fifty percent guys, how much more I don't know, but can guesstimate) are doing the same as the woman you describe here. I'd be willing to bet it is around 80 percent, or more, doing it this way. What my honey doesn't see won't hurt my honey, or my pocketbook, is how I think a lot of these ladies think. It's a business for them, MOST of them, not all. And the sponsors, being 10,000 miles away, are really at a disadvantage here to know exactly what is going on and what she is doing, with whom, and where. The majority of sponsors are NOT getting what they think they are paying for. And I think MOST are paying for the lady to "not work bar" and "not go with man", and were promised this as well by the recipient of their sponsor monies.

And yes Thalenoi, I think you got a good one! :)

Cent

Let me tell you as someone who has considered sponsoring a girl, why.

1. I love her and want her best (this doesn't necessarily mean that she loves me)

2. I don't subscribe to the theory that most of the girls love being prostitutes. At the core they are ordinary humans and want to live a decent life (Would you like to have 3-4 ugly middle-aged to old women a day order you to e.g. suck my cunt, lick my ass, let me rub my juices over your face, etc. - and oblige to it?)

3. The expectation is that if she (the woman you love) has enough money she won't have to do it anylonger, at least not so often - so giving her the money would provide her with a nicer and healthier life.

Above all, her fucking less men, decreases the risk of catching and passsing a desease on to me, when I see her

This is the theory, but everyone knows, there are many ifs and whens and that is why in the end I decided not to sponsor her

Archived