Pasengers refuse to board Phuket Air flight

pe7e

Gentlemen,

whenever I see the fantastic silverbirds of Phuket Air and Thai Orient parking in front of the Don Muang cargohall I swear to myself that I will definitely seek an alternative way to finish my precious life than on board of these aircraft museums . Thai orient operates a Lockheed Tristar which is obviously kept in the air by nothing but the prayers of the people inside.

Although :

If the operating company follows the rules of the manufacturer , any aircraft should have an eternal life and should be as good as a new one. I have been several times in the Hamburg Lufthansa tecnical center where they do D-checks to an aircraft which means it is stripped down to the bones. After such an event there should nothing be left that is broken or about to break. Would Phuket Air invest millions of Dollar into an 30 years old 747-100 which you can buy at metal price from Arizona where at least 40 are parked in the desert . Instead they buy or lease planes which are closing another D-cycle and are dead cheap for that reason.

We should consider to operate a Nanaplaza.com flying GoGo bar circling over Siam without closing times and shorttime operation in the cargo bay. Commander Fiery Jack welcomes you on board and Khunsanuk receives an upgrade to silver passenger.

BuBi

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"... they buy or lease planes which are closing another D-cycle and are dead cheap for that reason."

And they are even less likely to upgrade the Kapton electrical insulation Boeing installed in planes up to 1991 (after everyone was convinced that Kapton is what had brought several 747s and military craft down.

Tail Number HS-VAB

Boeing 747-312; c/n 23033

Received by Singapore Airlines 20.03.1985, leased to Ansett Australia 16.03.1997, returned to Singapore Airlines 21.09.1998, retired and sold to Wilmington Trust Company 09.01.2001, leased to Cameroon Airlines 24.10.2001, subleased to Albarka Air in 23.01.2003, returned to Cameroon Airlines who retired it 01.09.2003 and it was sold to Phuket Airlines on 16.12.2004

Isn't this the plane the first part of Indiana Jones was filmed in on his way the Himalaya? :o ::

<<However, during the Sharjah?s incident, a group of passengers refused to board the same aircraft. >>

Can;t blame them!

""Phuket Air offered those passengers with extended accommodations while they awaited for next Phuket Air flight from Bangkok. For those who intended to fly with other airlines, Phuket Air had facilitated their requests.

Thats good of them thjough

DOG

Palatkik,

** The airline said the flight experienced no mechanical problems but ground staff overfilled a fuel tank. **

Yeah . They overfilled it . The guy who said this is such an asshole that they better shut the airline down later today. He thinks that it works like at a fuelstation where you can spill a cubicmeter of diesel on the ground and nobody cares. Does he think an Arab with a barrel sits on the wing feeding 20 tons jetA1 into the tanks by a funnel ? This climax of an asshole.

Fuel is put into the tanks under pressure from below the wing , how can anybody overfill anything from a nozzle that fits under pressure into the tank to AVOID SPILLING FUEL . Our Phuket Air asshole thinks that too much fuel will just flow somewhere where there is space enough , maybe through the cabin. If their flightcrew is as well trained as their spokesman better stay away from them.

BuBi

Guest lazyphil

<<whenever I see the fantastic silverbirds of Phuket Air and Thai Orient parking in front of the Don Muang cargohall I swear to myself that I will definitely seek an alternative way to finish my precious life than on board of these aircraft museums >>

You made me choke on my coke laughing, I think I lost some face to the thai sat next to me in this cafe, cheers ::

I flew Back on Phuket Air the day BEFORE these problems arose in Sharjah - I had already decided that it was the last time I would fly with them.

I am somewhat of a nervous flyer (I seem to get worse with age!) and when I got on board and saw that the interior of the Jumbo Jet was stuck in a 1970's / early 80's timewarp, that the seats were non matching and that several rows back from me the ceiling was patched with Gaffer Tape, I began to suspect that the plane was not the newest. Whilst this may or may not be a problem to those who know about these things the words Thai Budget Airline now seemed to make sense (and did not fill me with a great confidence) and rather explained the price of my ticket.

In any event no problems until just before take off in BKK when the english woman sitting in front of me, with her two young children (Right hand side, just aft of the wing) suddenly said something about "liquid dropping on me - and it doesn't smell like water" and tried to attract the attention of the cabin crew who from what I could see merely gave a look of incomprehension - As I could not see anything dripping or smell anything odd I was not overly concerned, until we were accelerating down the runway and then about a half a cup of liquid landed on the face of the passenger sitting next to me and also splashed me a bit - which I found a bit disconcerting.

Fortunately he was wearing glasses and although being Thai spoke perfect english and we both spent a few minutes sniffing the liquid on his glasses, to the consternation of those around us (at this time we were now airborne and accelerating skywards). We agreed between oursleves that it was not Gasoline and was probably water rather than hydraulic Fluid - but agreed just in case that it would be a good idea not to smoke :D :D :D

For the first time in many years I took full notice of the emergency drill :: :: ::

Always something new in the LOS

Archived