Ratchada Soi See one night

Another_Guy

Hello fellow members. I am posting some information about a night spot and an observation with it. I am not a good writer but I have been told that any posts are appreciated.

So I am always looking for something new. I have been in town for a few months and the same old places can get boring. So I have asked a lot of thai friends for a new place to go. I kept hearing about this bar on Ratchada soi see (4). The name is Salaeng. It is not that far from Hollywood or Dance Fever. This is a 99% thai area I don?t think it is a good place for P4P but there were a ton of hot girls if you spoke thai. I was the only farang I saw that night. There are 10-12 bars in this little area. I hoped around 4 of bars with my GTG. Most of the music is live Thai music with hip hop played between sets. All in all the Thai music was not that good and I like thai music. My GTG was not impressed with the place and neither was I.

I guess the main reason I am writing this is that I have an observation about thai dating and men in clubs period. I have a Thai girlfriend and not from the P4P world. She is always getting hit on. But that is normal because there are so many beautiful girls in Thailand. Well while at a bar on Ratchada Soi See some guy tried to get my girls number and hook up with her while I was standing there. This is not the first time this has happened (mostly at other majority thai bars). These guys have some balls because I am a large athletic young bald white guy. I must have out weighted this guy by 50 kg. So he started by talking to me and giving me a couple of drinks. I thought he was just being cool. (I later found out from my girl he was trying to get me drunk so I would not notice) Then since he could not ?understand? me he talked to my girl. I thought nothing of it. Then a little later he started to talk to her again. I kept my cool because I did not think he was hitting on her right in front of me. We danced for a little while and then my girl went to the bathroom. Out of the corner of my eye I see him bolt after her. I was about 10 steps behind them near the bathroom when he grabbed her arm to pull her around to talk to him. She was even surprised by this. When I saw that I belted a huge ?hey? and pulled him away by the shoulder and pushed him against the wall. He then disappeared into the crowd. It was 1:30 so it was time to leave and I did not want to see him again because I was pissed and he was with 6 buddies. Getting in a fight is not a good idea. My girl later told me she did not tell me when it was happening because she did not want to see a fight. Even drunk I have a cool head. It was only when he put his hands on her that I was ready to settle things.

So has anyone else noticed this behavior that a guy will try and hit on your girl with you standing there. In the states this would not happen. And this is not just because I am farang. I have seen it happen between thai couples. I don?t speak fluent thai so I could not tell what he was up to. I don?t have that problem now. No guy talks to my girl in a club now.

Yup yup. Especially if they think you don't speak Thai at all. There's a lot of innuendo's in Thai so even if you understand some Thai, you still can easily miss it.

I think "no guys talks to my girl" is a bit over the top though. If this is a close girl friend, just develop a signal so she can let you know what's going on and when you need to be a bit "obvious".

:)

<<burp>>

Unfortunately this is very common. And you did the right by avoiding a fight (although I probably would not have gone so far as to grab the guy.) If a fight started, you would have been outnumbered and, irrespective of what really happened, you would have been blamed for starting it.

Recently in a disco in Hong Kong some french fellow stuffed his business card into my girls hand with a short note saying how nice it would be see her tomorrow. He was in and out in a flash - not just the thais who do this!

Yup, this happens. But, that said, your girl also knows how to deal with it. You shouldn't get involved. My wife tells me about shooting down all manner of proposals, seemingly on a daily basis. Give your girl some trust...

Cheers,

SD

If you have a hot girlfriend not matter what the country she will be hit on.

This is a fact of life.

It is annoying when it is done right in your face but your girlfriend should be used to it by now as she has probably be fending off guys for years.

The up side is that it is nice to have a woman that others want.

Archived