Is there a difference ?

bust

[color:"blue"] Th real reason why a young ambitious guy needs to avoid a BGfriend is the stigma. He will go no where fast in a career if his mate is a BG or known exBG. [/color]

That is the fact and I knew a couple of cases which happened here in the USA. I am sure it happens in Europe also.

Jasmine

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jasmine said:

[color:"blue"] Th real reason why a young ambitious guy needs to avoid a BGfriend is the stigma. He will go no where fast in a career if his mate is a BG or known exBG. [/color]

That is the fact and I knew a couple of cases which happened here in the USA. I am sure it happens in Europe also.

Jasmine

I would have to disagree with this point, in Europe, over my career for the past 10 years or so, i can hardly ever remember corporate social events where partners were invited, often they were specifically excluded. I found more problems from dating within the company (gossip, Jelousy etc)

Just my experience, but this is based over 10 or so companies all over Europe

It's a tough call...seems in the corporate world, someone will take a dislike to you, and use any means to hold you back...such as something petty like saying a guys wife is to low for him to move ahead...but then I guess it does happen. Isuppose the cute trick to pull off would be to be so damned good at what you do, that the boss doesn't give a shit what you do in your private life...some do manage it...

"It is far better for a young guy to avoid prostitutes and leave those pros for all us over 40 guys who have to pay to shag nice looking younger girls."

@Zorro

No no, young girls are bad for your hearts, if you have an heartbreak we will be sorry for you

:neener:

But instead he is told he should live with a Thai hooker to get a perspective...

--------------------------------------------------

If he wants to talk about GTG vs BG as one being honest and the other dishonest, yes, he should. If he has no intention to play the scene, instead stay with a GTG, good on him, but then why even raise the topic of BGs? I answered because he mentionned "experience", which at the very least seems to indicate he's been doing the naughty. his signature was or is "I love it!". what? dating a GTG? ::

Besides, dating his own age in BKK, university girl, at 21, i think/hope he intends to screw with her, which brings us back to the subject of looseness within that age range in that country. Fine, but he may also get his heart-broken and mind screwed, as well as with a BG. Then, a nice no strings attached tryst with a silly P4P cunt who loves to pamper her baby farang might sound pretty nice again. all comes in circle! :)

This area of one's social and one's work life I have found to be very different between america and the USA..

In America, the employer is neutral if not indifferent to what you do and who you hang out with in your off hours. As a matter of fact, privacy is so valued in our culture and it is backed yp by civil and workplace regulations. If you do your job, no questions or probing of what you do in your private time.Think separation of church and state equivalent.....

I would like only at the VP level and above that who you keep companionship with matters in America and more from a bigger positive than any negative...

In Thailand, there seems not to have this notion that your social time is yours so one's social and work cirlcles seem to blend. There isn't this clear separation that we have in america. Work seems to be a subset of a bigger social circle.

Thus In thailand, I have found much more interest in who one hangs with and they (employees and bosses) want to know. What you do in your time does matter to them and that image that you project intersects with your work.

Doing busineess and working does has a big social element to it. It is not judge solely on doing your job. As a matter of fact, the correlation might be low there...

With whom one keeps company/connection with the right soical class and project the proper image, it does carry over to how they feel about you at work and could even have consequences on your work life...

As the Thai workplace becomes more international, I suspect the more it will reflect western standards and less the culturally distinct flavor as many places do now..

Privacy (if at all) is just not as strong as a value as in the West..But one's image, who your friends/acquaintences are and if you pass the white glove test seems to be integrated in how they assess a person. Your workplace seems just to be a segment within a much bigger social cirlce....

CB

Not contradicting you, CB, you are right on about privacy, what privacy? but it seems to me that has more to do with the social circle you move within, in general, not so much who you keep in your house, or sleeps with. I think thais agree pretty much a guy does what he wants with his dick, as long as it's kept private. If they find out, as long as he did not mention it himself, I'd say he's fine(1).

This may have changed, but the family is often off limits to the employer's knowledge, and i remember in my first years visiting finding odd that guys would meet off work, and socialize, and the wives were always excluded, it was just the proper way to do. Nothing to do with going to do the naughty, BTW.

(1)Inversely, if in your company in the USA, they find out you visit whores or you keep one up, worse if you have a family, never mind it's your private business, it can really cause trouble, relating to employement and promotion, especially if you are married.

Just remember the answers when the question was posed here : do you tell at work that you go to thailand? Not that they had to say what they do in Thailand, but just answering Thailand was a no-no, inviting too much scrutinization.

Archived