Is there a difference ?

bust

"you seemed to have very bad experiences"

Not at all. I just got a little bit realistic over time.

"all the GTG you meet seem to be cut out of the same fabric?"

No. I suspected my post would read like this. Actually, I used the words "most" and "some" liberally to make clear they were not all the same. My post was an answer to Erawan's post, in my experience the difference between BG-gf and GTG-gf is not as clear-cut as in his experience. GTGs come in many shades and quite often some of their attitudes and behaviour are similar to a prostitute.

"Do you feel you have met a high quality high caliber GTG?"

I suspect "high quality high caliber" is the PC version for the four-letter word "rich". If so, the answer is "yes". One of the rich girls I know is about the nicest GTG I know, none of what I wrote about GTGs applies to her. Another rich one is about the worst person I ever met, all I wrote applies to her. I guess money is not really that important.

"I know a number of GTGs pick up the restaurant bill, or pay their share whether food, moives, transportation, etc. These will be girls with good jobs of course..."

Yes, in my experience this is correct.

"Others who would fall into the blue collar jobs category do other things for me like massages, laundry, numerous erands, clean my condo and car, water my plants, remove my shoes, purchase small gifts, etc"

The BG-gf would do this. Not the GTGs (and this time it is really almost 100%). Maybe because the BG came from a really poor family, none of the GTGs was so poor - but I don't really know why.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how we keep discussing those GTG vs. BG issues & how we(including myself) seem to apply our personal experiences to empirial generalisations ;)

Instead we could point out som clear cut differences that would distingish the BG vs. the GTG & in that case for best results we could use an average hardcore uneducated BG & average educated middle class GTG & achnowledge theres a huge middleground in between those 2.

BG advantages: straight forward paid sex & other services ranging from ST to long term relationship type of deal. no bullshit one may play around on the side as much as needed otherwise one got a bad deal!!

BG disadvances: if looking for a genuine RLT its not gonna happen easily & straighforward nor cheap.

GTG advantages: they're out there in greater numbers than may be expected & if approaches wisely relatively easy to court. when there they'll devote themselves 100% to only you & do their best to please you on a daily basis ;)

GTG disadvantages: needs some serious effort to establish RLT & once there they're gonna be jealous as hell towards other (TG) women one may or may not relate to...

Probably requires higher sin sot if gets to that stage, but then again hey'll have a good chance of earning that back with huge interests!!

I do agree that some GTG's can be little better than bargirls. As I said before, if they become involved in p4p it changes them.

My former ladyfriend was working in p4p for less than six months before I convinced her to leave. Her frineds lured back into a second bar a few months later, and I got her to leave that within a month by cutting off all financial support. She was still adorable at that point.

I gave up when she toddled off into the third bar and, after six months, she was intolerable. Absurd financial demands fuelled by gambling. Lies, customers calling in the middle of the night, hair colour changed, cheap tacky clothes, and serious attitude problems.

The environment changes them. My apartment was even burgled one night (read gambling debts). The girl is a disaster zone looking for a new farang to support a habit worse than drugs.... and this took just six months surrounded by lowlifes.

My present girl earns sufficient to ensure she doesn't need to do p4p work and she's like a breath of fresh air. well dressed, natural looks, polite, honest and punctual.

The BG did do something magical for me though. I hate gogo bars now. Just can't go in them. It feels like walking into Alcatraz without any locked doors.

As for a dowry if ever it came to that, I wouldn't give you Bht 10 for the bargirl now. She's ruined and there is no going back.

Your experiences are again individual & extreme making you dismiss ALL BGs just becuase you were burned by one.

Now lets imagine - just for the hell of it - that your current non BG eventually dissapoints you e.g. she's caught moonlighting, talking intimate with other guy etc. or perhaps requests loads of money.

Then your done with all TGs for good no?

;)

Iuy,

Somewhat confused by what you say.... You say GTGs come in many shades and then you state some of their behaviors mimic prostitutes. My experiences have found your "some" to be quite a small number...What i believe is out there is a group of girls guessing double or so of the prostitution category trying to pass themselves off as GTGs when in fact their behavior seems similar to prostitutes. Maybe these girls or a good percentage of them are in fact prostitutes but prefer to take another marketing strategy from their sisters? When is a prostitute a prostitute and what type of behavior should either include or exclude them?

Let me clarify what i mean by "high caliber" When i said this, i had no intention that rich means "high quality" and low quality therefore equates to poor. Statistically speaking, one could proabably find some correlation there but individually, socio-econ status does not determine what type of quality...

My last three GFs come from poor families but with high quality labels. My expereinces so far in LOS would probably run opposite to correlation inferences with regard to econ status and quality in a large sampling study..

My listing of doing things for me tended to be GTGs from poor families while GTGs from weathier families would more apt to "buy" their value or reward me through monetary means rather than labor of love..

So i get back to saying GTGs will range from poor to middle to upper middle class; yet your last statement in your personal experiences state that none of your GTGs came from poor backgrounds. That is what i meant by coming from the same fabric. Especially in LOS, the odds are much less in meeting wealthy GTGs than poor GTGs in random encounters or in public venues given the siocio econ composition of this country.

I am not sure if you are lucky or cursed if all your GTGs are of the non-poor variety...

CB

Erawan,

An interesting remark about that your cuurent GF (assume GTG?) earns sufficient monies that she doesn't need to work the bar scene...

If i follow your line of reasoning, then girls who come from poor families with little education and marketable skills would be forced to work bar..

The numbers would not back you up. I would guess for every bona fide hooker, 9 girls of similar backgound make their living not in the bar scene. Given some intersection (a good size grey area) there, that number probably drops to 7 or 8.

Still if 7/8 out of 10 poor girls are not working scene, then I would have to question whether that one girl who is working the scene out of financial necessity or for other issues that differantiate them from poor girls who never cross the line?

There is something strange about this culture because i don't think there is a perfect or linear correlation between poor and prostitution other to state that yes, the vast majority of girls are poor but something else stronger out there that prevents equally poor girls in far greater numbers from not entering or consider the field....

Prostitution is an option and maybe even a strong and attractive one for some types of girls but not a prerequisite as an outgrowth of being poor...

CB

ib13 said:

Your experiences are again individual & extreme making you dismiss ALL BGs just becuase you were burned by one.

Sorry, but I do not consider myself "burned" by this girl. What I saw was her entire personality change as a result of the obnoxious company she kept. I am not bitter about her at all. I am sickened at how this work can ruin a decent human being's life.

My experience has given me an entirely new perspective on the life these girls lead. Many men meet bargirls, have a bad experience, and maintain they are all bad.

I feel sorry for the girls. They are lured by the promise of big money only to find the very people they trust begin preying on them, and so the financial requirements escalate to the point where they steal from each other and the customers simply to keep up.

A significant proportion of these girls are simply being manipulated by some very nasty people. They are mere pawns. I'm just glad to be out of that environment now. It isn't so much fun when you realise the girl isn't giving the money to her mother, or paying for a sick buffalo, but handing it to some lowlife who cheated her (and her friends)at cards, and that she's had to knock back speed in order to stay awake to service an increasing number of customers.

My pesent GF does not have a mamasan controlling her life and phoning me with obscenities at 3am. Neither did my previous girlfriend until she got caught up in this sickening line of work. If a girl asks me for money for a genuine family crisis I don't mind. It's when I get burgled, and I wonder what the heck comes next, that I take exception. Especially when it is caused by gambling debts brought about by the lifestyle.

No, bargirls aren't all bad, my old girlfriend isn't, but the environment is. She is now caught up with people you don't want to mess with. After all, they aren't selling life insurance or sunshine holidays in these places.

@ cardinal

sorry about my English, I said "none of the GTGs was so poor" and I meant to say "as poor as the BG-gf". The BG-gf came from a very poor family. I didn't mean to say the GTGs were not poor.

"My experiences have found your "some" to be quite a small number"

The majority in my experience. Actually, almost all, when I think about it.

Guest lazyphil

<<controlling her life >>

P4P scene seems to control or at least preoccupy the lives of a good number of men folk here, less harmful?....are guys who have never partaken in p4p a better deal for a gtg?...........discuss!

Archived