Is there a difference ?

bust

OK as a farang who has had relationships with a bar girl and a girl in a regular job here goes...

The BIG difference is in what the bar work actually does to the girl. Over a period of time they learn to lie, cheat, and steal. They can get money and men easily and treat both as disposable.

With the bar girl I always knew that another man could have sex with her for Bht 2,000 even when she had left the bar. She tried to hide it but the lure of extra money was just too much.

The non-bar girl is the sister of a log standing Thai friend. She had to be convinced I was of good character and she is still a tad nervous with a farang. NOBODY on this planet can have sex with this girl for a million baht, let alone Bht 2,000. For her, sex is about something much more than money.

As for living abroad and sponsoring a girl here. Americans are the favourite target. Not sure whether they just have more money or they are simply gullible. I recently met a guy here who lives with a Thai girl who, in turn, has an American sponsor sending her Bht 50,000 every month. My ex also has some daft American in tow now. She's still working, looking for an even better catch.

Then there's the old chestnut about supporting the family. Take a trip to Poi Pet sometime and see what some mothers are doing with the money.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you simplify things too much.

I, too, once had a relationship with a prostitute and several relationships with TGs with regular jobs.

The BG was the most faithful of all and about the only one who would do something for me. Some of the "GTG" would butterfly, some were always looking for a better catch while at the same time keeping me, some would quit working as soon as they had me (some didn't really have the job they pretended to have). The most a GTG has ever done for me was going to the post office and pay a bill, and they thought that was a big deal.

Generally, the GTGs felt entitled to have a millionaire who paid their bills, even if they were quite lazy. The BG didn't have this sense of entitlement.

There was no big difference in the requests for money from the BG and from most GTGs, the amounts were about the same and the way they asked for money (not very upfront) was about the same, too.

Ultimately if you are paying the girl for her time, you are a customer. My current girl gets one day a week holiday and spends it with me. She does not expect me to pay for her time. That is a relationship.

She has never asked for one baht and was overwhelmed when I gave her Bht 500 for taxi fares one day. I'd asked her to make a particularly long journey to meet me and I realised later that I was still in the "bar girl" mentality. This girl usually travels everywhere on buses, a taxi was something of a novelty.

These girls are out there, but aren't easy to find. I pay for everything when we are together and I ensure she is not out of pocket as a result of seeing me, but that is all. The girl earns just Bht 10,000 per month and I don't think it fair to expect her to pay for buses etc. when she comes over.

Her sense of value is worlds apart from the bar scene.

good

but don't forget that 10,000 a month is way over average and allow a relatively comfortable life (yes, I know, girls who earn 10,000 will take the bus and not the skytrain, especially if they have a monthly pass for the bus)

things get difficult if you happen to know a GTG who earns 5000 (7/11) or 4500 (kindergarten teacher) or 3500 (office clerk on part time basis without uni degree) - they can't really live on this in Bangkok, and if I make let's say 50,000 (which is not much for a farang) how do I handle this?

Guest lazyphil

<<I pay for everything when we are together >>

I dont. I did in LOS but here she pays for meals, cinema etc etc etc, she just bought me a nikon coolpix camara. That also is a relationship ::....of course i enjoy buying her stuff, I WILL PROVIDE (From The Beach ::)

Yes I do realise that the girls from 7-11 and minimart are often found hanging around Sukhumvit once or twice a month in order to supplement their income.

I earn a Western salary which is a lot more than Bht 50,000 per month. Whilst I accept that the girl's Bht 10,000 income is good by local standards, I would also feel exceptionally mean if I made her pay when we were together.

I would, however, also be put out if there weren't some form of present on occasions such as my birthday. We shall see.

The most welcome aspect of this relationship, however, is not having other men telephone her for sex whilst we are together. I, frankly, have far more self-respect than to ever tolerate that again.

Iuy,

based on what you wrote describing your GTG experiences, you seemed to have very bad experiences.

My question is are all the GTG you meet seem to be cut out of the same fabric? Do you feel you have met a high quality high caliber GTG? It sure doesn't sound that way...

Since GTGs represent a huge population, I have found an incredible variation from what you described to the other end of the spectrum.

I know a number of GTGs pick up the restaurant bill, or pay their share whether food, moives, transportation, etc. These will be girls with good jobs of course...

Others who would fall into the blue collar jobs category do other things for me like massages, laundry, numerous erands, clean my condo and car, water my plants, remove my shoes, purchase small gifts, etc

What type of GTG girls are you meeting?

CB

Archived