Is there a difference ?

bust

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Erawan,

Good post. No......a VERY good post!

Thanks for sharing here. It's been discussed here before, but I wonder how many know, how related gambling, and the Thai sex trade, really is? I think is such a strong contributing factor, that is not often acknowledged to the degree it should.

How many girls are working, either for themselves, or others, to pay off gambling debts? It's a surprisingly huge part of the total situation, in my estimation.

I really do believe this aspect plays a much larger part of the equation, than is readily apparent, to us who are not privelged to know the reality of what really goes on there.

In the end, we are only stupid Farang, who can only guess at true motives, and also can only guess at where the money goes.

iuytrede said:

"I can't walk into a gogo bar now. I don't see a bunch of pretty girls offering sex, I see a load of con artists plying their trade."

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

I feel sorry for you guys. You think too much and it impedes your ability to have fun. Most of these girls are not for mainstream relationships. Just enjoy them for what and who they are.

They really are no different than any other cross-section of society. Some scumbags, some gems, but most just trying to get by as painlessly as possible.

Cheers,

SD

Damned, Suadum, we are verging on agreeing more and more often, what has the world come to, indeed! :)

If guys feel outside, played upon, just accessories to a thai comedy of error and exploitation, why come? ::

Besides, if you stay with a girl, imean, not paid to keep you company, you do learn a lot of things, eventually, you can apprehend the diversity of the scene, warts and all.

How naive to think that such a huge prostitution scene is standing independantly of unshiny but money-making businesses?

No problem at all with regarding BG's as short-term sex material, except that I'm not really into short-term sex.

It's when they tell guys, especially the tourist here that they are "special", that they are now a "boyfriend" in order to extract money from them when they have returned home.

I have encountered so many instances of girls accepting funds from a "boyfriend" in the West whilst living with a long-term boyfriend here. Dunno how these Americans, Brits, etc. would feel if they knew they were actually supporting another fella. Well, I can guess. ::

Guest lazyphil

<<It's when they tell guys, especially the tourist here that they are "special", that they are now a "boyfriend" in order to extract money from them when they have returned home.>>

For christs sake its not rocket science to figure out what is going on. If someone chooses to feel special if told so after knowing the girl 2 weeks he deserves to be fleeced, i dont call this a con, i call it good business, do you go to work for free?

LP is right, the guys walk into this, holding the blindfold over their eyes!

I won't get into the thai BF thingo, i know few in Pattaya who wish to associate with a thai anymore (and they are a sorry sight, always crying about the lazy philanderer), still, I know 2 girls who have a thai BF on the side, but the farang knows it.

It's a weird world, Erawan, to each his own, let's not be too judgemental.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iuytrede said:

"I can't walk into a gogo bar now. I don't see a bunch of pretty girls offering sex, I see a load of con artists plying their trade."

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel sorry for you guys. You think too much and it impedes your ability to have fun. Most of these girls are not for mainstream relationships. Just enjoy them for what and who they are.

They really are no different than any other cross-section of society. Some scumbags, some gems, but most just trying to get by as painlessly as possible.

Cheers,

SD

Suadam, they are my feelings as well.

You go to bars to have a good time and forget all your worries and cares and in this respect the girls offer a very good service.

It is all about a little sanuk and escapism.

It is no wise to overanalyse a situation that doesn't warrant it.

Archived