Is there a difference ?

bust

I think the difference is more the guy who finds someone in the bar or elsewhere. From my experiences, most guys who are in the bar are looking for an easy route that they do not have to commit to. They can just pay the money and move on. They dont worry about feeling guilty if they have another women on the side, they dont have to worry about her true feelings. They dont have to worry about if she lost face if they broke up or what her parents and friends will say. ETC They are just after a quick moment in time without having to do any of the chasing and commitment.

Not really a great foundation to build a relationship on !!! I think the frame of mine of a guy who meets a girl in a shopping mall or at an island resort spa is much different from a bar hopper and hence the successrates are different.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

Its back to the old chestnut as to how a THAI GIRL can meet a falang (not Dutch trains or partys in London, realistic ones!!)

I would say the primary objective for a girl to work bar is to raise money for her family. She is willing to sell her body to achieve that goal. Secondary is to be fortunate enough to meet a guy who is willing to turn it into a relationship including full financial support. Remember many BGs elect not to enter into relationships as they have other commitments like BFs, husbands or just prefer their freedom or figure they can make more money by having many customers w/o the BS of a relationship...

The primary objective of a sales clerk, wiatress , etc is to make money to live on with some of it going to the family if needed. She is not selling her body to meet an end result. Her primary objective is not meet guys as potential relationships. If she does, it is a bonus but not an expectation. I would guess very very few TGs meet foreigners that turn into relationships when the demoninator is all girls working these blue collar positions.

I see a red flag with your example when you say she was just cruising the shopping centers to meet guys but did not actual work there. My question is, how did she generate money to live on until she met her husband? Wealthy family? Regular job elsewhere? underground freelancer?

A group that gets very little play here is the girls who are in fact hookers (moonlighters, part-timers, full-timers) but when not hooking will deny or lie about their prostitution. I would suspect many BFs or even future husbands probably know very little about these girls' past practices and are willing to believe whatever the girl's story is. If it sounds good enough for gov work, no need to probe further....

CB

I would also like to add that there is a certain type of guy who will go to great extrems like the girls will to lie, deny or fabricate stories on how they met their mate.

I think guys would be shocked to know that i would specualte that a significant percentage of girls working these blue collar jobs have some prostituion in their past or current life. The real good-looking ones working at a place like emporium have a better than average chance of being a mia noi for a wealthy Thai guy and their regular day job is just a front...

The social stigma of prostitution will make some people go to great extremes to avoid being labelled a whore or marrying one...

There are only so many "hairdressers" economically feasible...

CB

A mia noi or kept woman will usually not keep a job "just as a front" for a long time. Yes, they will have a job which is just a front, but they will pretty soon discover that the job requires so much effort (getting up early, long commuting hours, following orders of a boss) that it is not really worth it and they will quit. The sponsor may not be so happy either if she has a job: getting up at 6 am every day tends to make the girl less energetic at the activities her sponsor pays her for. A better front is being a "student", especially at a school like Ramkhamhaeng which doesn't require that you actually attend classes.

Bust and all:

Here we go again, for the 146th time.

I personally know around 20 couples living in Chumpon province, 19 of them ex-bg's (the ladies that is)

In 3 1/5 years one guy died and she went to work bar Pukhet to find an other punter and one relationship did not work out, knowing them, no surprise.

It would be best to take them out of the bar as soon as possible, I do think the system is no good for a human being, but for the majority it is the best road towards a better life they can imagine, often some friends show the way.

And far away relationships don't work!

Sending money with " I'll see ya in 6 months" don't work neither.

I am not ashamed to tell you I live with an ex-bg.

I was lucky, but then so seem to be the other 18 couples around here.

@G

In the case above I think they are one in the same

@LP

Give some girls some credit. You dont have to be a whore to find a mate. I think it may be just different circles we are in and different view points. I only know one case out of all the mixed couples I know that found it in a bar. I am talking a shitload of couples. But from overseas you might have a different angle.

Guest lazyphil

Of course I do give them credit. I know a Cambridge (saw Queen Elizabeth here yesterday with Phil :topic:) Uni educated one here ,gets money sent over to her from folks back home (you'd be suprised who I've mixed with here circles etc, not the queen though!), went to her wedding reception a while back, who married a guy she met here, he never once went to LOS until he met her, he did no LOS whoreing, can you say that !!!....being overseas does not close ones mind to reality! (this is one of those Dutch train storys though!!)

Archived