Suk 1 Plaza-First and last visit

Ranger

Well, I'll say that I do appreciate Simon being here. I think you got to admire someone who is willing to let it hang and fly with the shots. The good and the bad. All too frequently in LOS the #1 aim is not to offend or looking for a way to cover one's ass while stealing the dime between the next guys cheeks.

LaoHuLi said:

It's was like MacDonald's promoting 'healthy food' a few years ago. All sounded proper and politically correct until they ran the numbers....

Hehe, this reminds me of a scene today. Walking down the street I pass these very beautifully dressed and made up hello girls. They must have been on break as they were eating som tam with their fingers. The "thing" that didn't fit was that they were squatting in these nice dresses like they were in the rice fields or the shitter. Kinda wish I was shorter, some nice views there!

<<burp>>

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give this guy a break, not all people who go to LOS want to fuck a bar/gogo girl every night, Simon is right, if you look at the social charter that Thaksin is trying to populate amongst the people, then you can see that he wants LOS to become very much more family orientated, wether that happens or not is another matter, its very difficult shaking whats already an ingrained perception by people who have never been here before.

If he can find a niche in the market then I appluad him and hope he does well in his ventures, personally I'm friggin jealous :D

Simon, I'll be along in a few weeks to check out :D

p,s, Gumm this wasn't aimed at you, just used the quick reply option

I was rather intending to give Suk 1 another crack next trip to see if it had improved but a bit disturbed about the no drinking and no tarts rules, but fair play to the guy if he can make a living in the LOS. (probably still will have a looksee, but will rememeber to bring my own ::),

I am sure it is a comfort to him that the building appears to be overnight bulldozer proof :D

Also quite happy to hear from someone running a bar direct, rather than 3rd hand - I am assuming here that given the odd plug for the bars that he has been making that he is actually in the LOS.............. and not in Kansas :D

General reply to the last few postings:

I'm probably unlike most bar-owners in that this is not my primary business. The bars are (legally) owned by my Thai wife and I see them as a business for her and her family. Of course, if I can help with my past business experience then I'll do so.

I think it's fair to say that the majority of farangs who invest in bars lose out in the longterm! You need to be present every day to keep an eye on things and to moan/encourage etc. But if my bars all go tits-up then I won't be jumping off the nearest high-rise. (My previous career was literally as a rocket scientist - I designed satellite comms systems for The European Space Agency. Now I write software applications for SMS text messaging).

I don't think you will get rich running bars, (unless you are Boss Hogg..). But it's good fun and my karaoke singing is apparently improving :)

We try to run our bars on an honest basis. A little recent story. An American was drinking here a few weeks ago and dropped 500 baht on the floor. He didn't notice and the money was picked up by one of the serving girls. (I wasn't in the bar at the time but my wife told me the events). The girl did not give the guy the money. So next day when I was in the bar I told the guy that he had lost 500 baht and returned it to him. I did this in full view of the girl who had 'stolen' the money. I did not need to sack her. She resigned the same day without any words being said to her by either me or Wan.

BTW - the wifi is out of order right now but should be back online in a few days...

Cheers - Simon

Hi shy,

I think with any business in Thailand there is a potential for unforeseen problems. Maybe nightlife and entertainment are more prone to it. I guess anyone investing in something like this needs to be aware of the risk and accept the loss if it comes.

It's good to know that simon is not dependent on the bars for his livelihood.

Maybe a bit of geographical diversification would be a good idea - open up in Soi22, Patpong, Soi 4 and not all would be hit at once.

After my very small scale and ultimately disasterous foray into the bar business, I have no intention of going back to it.

Khwai

khwaimaisabai said:

After my very small scale and ultimately disasterous foray into the bar business, I have no intention of going back to it.

Khwai

Khwai I would love to hear your story, if possible and if haven't told it already here on the board.

:bow:

simon43 said:

We try to run our bars on an honest basis.

Really? I remember your first web-site including a photo of a couple of girls lifted directly from the Dollhouse site surely giving the impression to most people that those girls worked there! I knew one of them and enquired on your site if she now worked for you. Even then, you didn't take the chance to be straightforward and say she didn't!

(Not that I care either way. Like Ranger, I can't see the point of more beer-bars. Takes girls away from where they should be - revealing their bodies on gogo stages. Big sports screens, wifi - who gives a shit? I can stay at home and get that.)

Those pictures were of 2 girls who were freelancing in our bar. But they did not last long. I got so tired of reminding them to smile that I gave them a choice 'Smile or f**k off!'

So they f**ked off....

Believe it or not, not all Thai girls want to reveal their bodies on stage to aging old farts like you :) Many of the girls working in my bars are married or have kids and have no desire to indulge in any sexual fantasy that you might have....they are in the bar to serve drinks, chat with the customers and generally look more attractive than me.

(Of course, there ARE girls in my bars who are fancy-free, but I guess that you will be staying at home anyway :)

Simon

Archived