Jack Chirac, what a fucking tosser!!!

Guest baldrick

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what one has to do with the other? I'll spell it out to you:

Farmers in other, poorer, parts of the world can naturally, without subsidy, grow crops more cheaply than European farmers and still sell them for a profit at cheaper prices than the Europeans. They're better than us for growing certain crops due to climate conditions, labour prices, etc and so it makes economic sense to all to do so. They make a profit for honest labour (rather than charity) while we get cheaper food.

But, in the world of the EU (as the French and a few others see it), European farmers who would naturally not be able to compete with poor Africans are PAID extra (mostly by German, UK and Dutch taxpayers) to compete with these poor farmers. Only this way can European farmers sell their goods competitively in the world. Tell me - is this fair and intelligent? :dunno:

The EU also makes all its members put tariffs on outside agricultural imports to favour its own farmers. So the Africans (and us) lose twice. They're just begging for a chance to compete on an honest level-playing field which we (actually really the French) are denying them while meanwhile patronising them by offering charity payments.

Tell me how this makes any sense at all? European farmers grow sugar beet? They may as well grow pineapples! They have no business being subsidised for doing any of this if they can't compete on their own two feet. I don't get any special help for creating computer software and I don't expect it either. Why should I? Why should one group get special treatment?

Who knows, maybe the French know that most "charity" payments find their way into the hands of the worst people who will form a nice little market for their arms industry? Or maybe they're just opposing the British and American views of what should be done because that's what they do?

pattaya127 said:

I demand that LazyPhil changes his name to Phillipe Paresseux, in penance for his imperialist anglicizing of le president of France. Dame it! ::

:D :D :D :D :D

Mate, you should stop complaining about this. You should have started your own empire (and got a few decent pop groups) if you wanted your language to catch on. ::

spirit_of_town_hall said:

In fact the French and the English are just like bar girls, except on a grander scale, they both think they're 100% right and are not open to any logical argument which deviates from their view on the topic.

Damn it !!!

What has the world come to, I agree with sth :p

Its all about perspective of course, 3 countries wanting a rebate, 22 others wanting a future for the EU.

Stupid egocentrics sabotaged the whole summit. Shame on all.

BB

Nah, as the Swedes said - it's a lot more than a few countries disagreeing. We should just stop. There's a natural limit to integration. You can have a few drinks with your mate in the bar and get on but you don't have to negotiate access to each others bank accounts and try to become one integrated person.

Thankyou!

The EU now seems so expensive, there are more interpreters than there are at the UN. One big gravy train for those onboard.

Sure let us all trade as we would anyway, Norway and Iceland do ok with their trading rights.

Trying to harmonise seems such a huge time consuming exercise. Why we need all those people, one man with common sense could do the job part time.

STH

Unfortunately, I still understand French. I wish I didn't or had known what its people were like before I took it up at school... :neener:

For my tastes, it would have been much better to have learnt Thai, Chinese, Japanese or Vietnamese. :p (English is still useful as the international hooking language. ::)

Btw - LazyPhil, what a fucking tosser, eh?! :neener: I know he only started this thread for a laugh and he's made me waste precious minutes of my life! ::

Archived