Jack Chirac, what a fucking tosser!!!

Guest baldrick

"Funny how UK, a supposed European member-state, but in reality and despite its arrogance which has the humiliating 'privilege' to be the US's lapdog since WW1, try to impose its petty and reducing views to a country like France which is courageous enough to stand up because of what it believes in. "

Prosal,

not sure why U your post was adressed to me and understanding OH's last point. But I personally despise french social model and lack of openess to the english speaking world. U mean Chirac is a guy who stands up for what he believes??

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"political crap on here"

Dear KS this is not a political thread

(even if I think it would be better to close it)

it is just a mud-fight between pro-frogs and pro-yorkshire pudding.

In my personnal case, as I appreciate greatly France and UK I will say that

Belgium rules

(except our foreign affaires minister)

:neener: ::

Belgium rules the world of chocolate?

Personally, I think it's obvious that there are two different models: the free-traders (UK, Netherlands, etc) and the protectionists (France, Germany) which will never be forced together because they're just too different. We have completely different ways of thinking. Why blame one or the other? Just agree to have a loose free-trade agreement (call it, say, "The Common Market" or "European Free Trade Area" ::) and go our separate ways on argicultural and social programs, not forcing others to pay for them. The French can keep their precious agricultural protection (paying for it themselves) while we can benefit by negotiating and buying cheaper food from other, poorer, countries.

" Talks had hardly finished over the EU budget before the finger-pointing broke out with the unanimous harshest words reserved for British Prime Minister Tony Blair, demonised for blocking an agreement. "

Anyone seen the news, arrogant prick !

::

Everyone fights his corner. The French have their interests and intransigence, so do the Germans and so do the British. The Swedes came out and said that the media's view of "it's the British against the French" wasn't accurate at all. Nobody's to blame. You're bound to get arguments when trying to force together two completely different groups. It's a bad idea to even try to go this far. It's unnatural - like putting a homosexual in a room with a heterosexual and trying to get them to agree a compromise to both be bisexual! :D

(And I'm not saying who's the homosexual side in this! ;) )

Hi!

Although I have never been a francophile I must admit that France did take a stand against Bush's plan to invade Iraq and grab their oil resources. I would have been proud of my own country if they had taken a similar view.

UK government has always showed more loyalty towards the US's interests that toward its European partners

Quite so and they have never got anything out of it.

regards

ALHOLK

"...UK government has always showed more loyalty towards the US's interests that toward its European partners..."

Hmmm...So when UK wasn't going along with the plan that seemed to be sweeping the rest of Europe 65+ years ago, that was wrong? and when the USA eventually showed up and helped out, it was wrong for UK to go along? Hell, even some French were happy to see us meddling abroad that time, no argument about air space then. If it weren't for UK going along with the USA meddling overseas, Much Of Europe might not be so happy today...but that is, I suppose, just speculation.

"...Quite so and they have never got anything out of it...."

Hmmm, I would argue they (UK) got the sovernty they deserved. They have well earned the right/privilige to differ with the rest of Europe. UK has a long history of standing on it's own, when others around it have huddled together against them, that alone should earn them some respect even if you don't agree with their (Government's) actions. Just as you say France should be respected for it's stance.

That said, I don't agree with the current situation/policy in Iraq, and do welcome any effort to remove the current USA's "problem child" from office and try him for war crimes.

Archived