Thai tourist visas to NZ?

Palatkik

Yes, a visa is required. When my wife applied for hers, it was granted immediately and was ready next day.

You can apply in country for two X three month extensions meaning a stay of up to nine months is fairly easy. At each point you need to show you have X amount of funds ? don?t know how much they require to see. After 9 months it is VERY difficult to extend ? it is at this point that some couples choose to marry, in which case she can stay.

Stick

A tourist visa is trivial to obtain.All the thai people I know who have applied have obtained one easily and quickly , on their own merits(ie:no kiwi sponsor involved).Just pop along to M-Tower on Thanon Whittayu, fill in the form.If you meet the conditions, simple.

You are only allowed a maximum of 9 months in an 18 month period on tourist permits.

For a longer stay it really depends on the qualifying factors of the thai applicant.There are several options.

If they are well educated(university degree), meet the English requirements,have work experience...basically have enough points for residency on their own merits, then this may be an option. My thai wife got residency this way(before we married). There are also business investment categories etc...

If a thai national is applying on the merits of being in a relationship with a kiwi, then the options are :

2 year work visa/permit under family-partner category

Residency visa/permit under family-partner category

Never overstay a permit.Because residency can take a while to process, it is best to get the 2 year work permit first.This also allows the applicant to legally work anywhere for anyone.This permit is simple and quick to obtain.Then that gives you a 2 year period to prepare for and obtain your residency permit without risk of overstaying your permit while residency is being processed.

The NZL immigration service does not care about marriage.It is a misconception that you have to be married to get a longer permit(work or residence).

The NZL immigration service defines the concept of "partner". As long as you can PROVE partnership with your significant other, then you'll meet the criteria.

Getting legally married is largely irrelevant.

• 1 month later...
BelgianBoy said:
Nervous_Dog said:

Doubt many would get your "name" but is good!

DOG

Its sufficient to be aware of the news to know she is the NZ prime minister :p

with a husband that looks sufficiently distant and no kids, it makes one think her affections are fulfilled on the other team.

or so someone once told me

Cheers

Coss

Archived