Champagne - New Lounge Near Soi 4

frogpatrol

In the name of field research, Bangkok George, Don 2, and I braved the rain last night and decided to check out Champagne, the new hostess lounge just next to the gas station on Soi 4 (above Bully's).

We were met at the door by a friendly hostess who seemd thrilled she had some customers (albeit soggy ones). She ushered us upstairs where we were then passed over to a pony-tailed foreign male in a Tijuana style pimp suit who welcomed us (two welcomes now). Our jovial maitre d then led us past a row of four or five seated hostesses and into a curtained room.

Then, onto business. The lowdown is:

beers 250 Baht per person

lady drinks 250 per drink, but 2 minimum per lady, so 500 baht per lady per hour (gets you one hour sitting with the lady)

short time 4,000 or 5,000 depending on lady (included room, etc.)

long time 7,000 or 8,000 Baht

ouch, those are high end MP rates!

So, he brought over the five available girls. One or two were fairly attractive, a few were not, and we made our choices (except Don 2 who chose a box of cigs).

The girl with me was friendly enough. Quite the talker. I should write a book about her life. She had worked at Darlings for 6 years, and now here she was sitting fully clothed with me. Ironic. But she was good fun.

Bangkok George was with an ex-Pegasus girl from Khon Khaen. Light skin and buxom. They seemed very cozy. George did not say a word to me during the hour, so I suppose that is a good sign. Don 2 had his cigs, which he smoked down to the filters.

So, we talked and talked and the hour was up. Nothing spectacular, but not bad either. I wish it was on a company account, as the place seems ideal for that. Much, much nicer than anything on Soi 33, at least in terms of decore.

On that note, Champagne is decorated very nicely. It has an Arabian kind of feel. Plenty of long sofas, cushy pillows, and a series of rooms around the perimeter with thin curtains for privacy. There is also a full bar in the center of the lounge, and a piantist who looks oddly like Suthichai Yoon of the Nation.

It had a exotic feel. I half expected buxom belly dancers to start shaking their wares and pinching our cheeks. Or maybe Mata Hari on a mission?

I was pondering just how fantastic it would have been if half naked ladies draped in silk were stretched out on the sofas next to opium pipes, treating you to medicinal and carnal delights. But I guess that is just a movie, novel, or dream?

Total damage:

3 beers for the guys = 750

1 box of cigs for Don 2: 100

4 lady drinks = 1,000

total = 1,850 for 1 hour

Would I go back? Perhaps, but probably not soon.

froggo

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the report.

The prices are a little crazy compared to pegasus or high end venues.....

If the girls were of the "poseidon models" kind I could understand the prices, but 10k bt seem too high for what it is.

Anyway, nice and accurate report

Ps: even if I find it too expensive I will surely drop an eye there in July, thanks for the adress

::

Guys,

Ok - so that was what the calls were about. Thanks for thinking of me. Will go next time.

Suadum and I have been talking about the No hands place on Rama 6 about a year ago, we should all try that one "in the name of board research"!

Cheers!

Went there a few weeks ago to check it out. Paid 300baht for a glass of champagne (what else?) The pony tailed american then asked if I would like a lady to sit with - OK says I. He brought them all over, about 6 I think and I chose a very pleasant lady who did not seem to have a background in entertaining farangs. Bought her a drink, stayed a while and bought her and myself another drink.

Mamasan comes over and says barfine is 1500 baht and short time is 3000 baht. Not tonight I decide!

Get the bill and get charged 500 baht for each of the lady drinks. Do not expect to be back for some time!

Can not really see who they are catering for - really nice surroundings but a boring piano player and the manager constantly buzzing around.

@buffalo_bill

I was talking about barfine/ST/LT not the drinks, expensive drinks by thai standards are common so I do not contest that.

Prices for BF/ST/LT are totally crazy to me in regards of the "quality".

::

Anyway as I wrote I will take a look by myself just to be sure it doe not worth it.

Nice report.

Kind of insane ST/LT prices given the location.

I wonder how busy the place is. Were there plenty of people while you were there?

I assume we are talking about the same place, kind of midway between soi 4 and soi zero (maybe a bit closer to soi zero). Must have been open for some months by now.

Guess I have to give it a go one of these days, before they close.

Regards,

oldie5 said:

Went there a few weeks ago to check it out. Paid 300baht for a glass of champagne (what else?) The pony tailed american then asked if I would like a lady to sit with - OK says I. He brought them all over, about 6 I think and I chose a very pleasant lady who did not seem to have a background in entertaining farangs. Bought her a drink, stayed a while and bought her and myself another drink.

Mamasan comes over and says barfine is 1500 baht and short time is 3000 baht. Not tonight I decide!

Get the bill and get charged 500 baht for each of the lady drinks. Do not expect to be back for some time!

Can not really see who they are catering for - really nice surroundings but a boring piano player and the manager constantly buzzing around.

Oldie-

Wow! This place must have made quite an impression on you!

Breaking your 3 year vow of silence! :clap:

There must be something behind the line "... a very pleasant lady who did not seem to have a background in entertaining farangs." Do tell.

Can we expect to hear a bit more from you in the future? :)

Archived