Age Difference..

Here's a question for the esteemed members of the board....

What do people think is a good differentail in age between a thai girl and a falang guy?

-- Especially if you are thinking about settling down, having a kid?

-- Also, if you plan to spend your time divided between the west and LOS..

--Have never been married before or had kids..

--Don't really care about the financial / social backround of your partner, she could have fucked everything that moved since she could, cos it was her best option at the time for cash.... her parents might not even be able to afford to have a fucking buffalo, never mind keep in the shagging thing in good health ;)

I suppose what i'm trying to get at is this, does anyone think that this plays a significant role in the success and happiness of both parties, over and above all the other factors discussed ad nauseum on the board?

yes, i know it depends on the individuals involved, yadda yadda :neener:

There is an equation that i heard attributed to Frank Sinatra....

Half the man's age + 7..

Not to say that he had any feckin' notion about relationships ::

Just curious as to whether folk have an opinion on this one way or another?

S

:neener: :neener: :: ::

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in case anyone thinks i have a bugbear about this...

I should point out that my dad was 52 when he fathered me and my mum was 20 years his junior, never saw them have a fight in my life, were completely devoted to each other, she still wears her wedding ring 15 years after he is dead, visits his grave most days of the week, and cutely tells me that she is 39 years married (which i think is the sweetest)

So i personally think it makes fuck all difference...

was just wondering if in thai/falang RL, whether age difference throws up unexpected issues.. i'd say from what i've seen, apart from silly western bovines, no not at all and much less than in the west....

Does respect for age come into this in thai society?

S

2ndtry said:

What do people think is a good differentail in age between a thai girl and a falang guy?..........

yes, i know it depends on the individuals involved, yadda yadda

Hi 2t,

I guess you have answered your own question already, confirmed by your second post.

Anyone coming up with a formula, or generalisation about relationships they know nothing about can only be trying to fit people into some sort of standard mould. This is an aspect of life in the west - conformity to the norm and social control.

Personally, I believe in freedom of the individual coupled with individual responsibility for one's actions.

That's my mould, I guess.

Khwai

Simply look at the people in occidental societies who marry with people 20/30 years younger/older.......

If it is a "face"-pride (call it what you want) problem then do not care.

IMHO, as far as you and the personn you marry are happy I do not see the problem involved....

Live your life, do not get cheated (too often) make some friends,

live is too short .

:beer:

I dunno, never married one and do not intend to. (wedding invites to follow next year :D)

But from my experiances in the LOS, many of the gals even in their early 20's seem to me to be immature in their attitudes and emotions (not just the BG working spiel) - and these comments are from someone who very few folk regard as "mature"............... which for the BG's (99% of my interactions!) I still find surprising, bearing in mind many are "street smart" and have kids (which I would assume makes someone "grow up") and have by no means led a sheltered life.

No problem for me - for my "purposes".......... but for a long term relationship I would probably aim for a gal in at least her mid to late 20's, who had had time to get her head "screwed on" to some degree - although you then are in the area of getting involved with a Gal (esp BG) who has moved straight from "emotionally immature" to "emotionally f#cked up".

But me being in late 30's (now very late :() I find I have very little interests in common with an 18 or 21 yo gal either in Farangland or the LOS on which to build any sort of relationship.

Obviously plenty of exceptions here. and no doubt as I have always been attracted to women with a few years under their belt (a mother thing!??) my views are coloured accordingly.

My take on the Gals (BG or not) who come from poorer backgrounds is that "financial Security" is very important, if this involves a "nice bloke" then all the better, age would probably be down the "wish list" somewhere - and IMHO this reasoning does not automatically mean it starts as a scam. Just IMHO that perhaps marriage is more of a beginning of a relationship than perhaps it would be in the West.

Dunno if any of this helps at all - I am kinda rambling today.......... :D :D :D

pattaya127 said:

Half the man's age + 7..

--------------------------------

Let's see....

It means Pale Rider has to find a 47 YO bride to find the perfect match! :wave:..... :cover:.... :neener:

You lie, 127. She'd only be 45 and prolly horny as hell. Those "mature" women appreciate the attention even if it can't stand at attention without a tablet or two. ::

Archived