Age Difference..

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whosyourdaddy said:

I think it matters more if they have something in common. Age is a big factor in this usually but not always.

Well Said WYD could not agree more.

From my own personal experiences this hits the nail on the head. Age differance between my Ex-Thai Wife and I was 7 years and the longer we were toghter the further we drifted apart. It may have been due to differerances in educational levels, or maybe we failed to communicate with each other on what either of us really wanted out of the relationship when we entered into it. Eventualy we decided to cut our losses and get divorced.

Fast forward to present day and my current relationship. There is an 11 year age differance , yet in the 3 years we have known each other (we have been an article for 2 years) we seem to have grown closer as each day goes by and I can only attribute this to a few fundimental differances.

1. Current Girlfriend and I are of similar level of Education.

2. She has experience of the West and Western ways, Summer Vacations in Canada and Australia with relatives, did her Masters in USA, Job Placment in Corporate office in Switzerland etc

3. We knew each other "as friends" for about a year before we even became an item. During this time we did get to know each other and realised that our goals and objectives were similar.

So, I conclude for my 25 Stangs worth, it is down to being able to communicate on a daily basis, and also knowing that you have a compatability before you even consider a serious commitment.

I am 10 yrs older than my wife and we are very close. We actually have a lot in common. Of course I am an overgrown kid.

I also think the maturity level has a lot to do with it also. My wife is 24 but she has been through some stuff that has forced her to grow up. Thailand can be a very hard place to grow up. Especially for women.

Guest lazyphil

I'm two years older, the A-Team was on UK Gold last night and she showed no interest whatsoever, I 'grew up' (debateable I know ::) on the A-Team.....

[color:"blue"] I'm two years older, the A-Team was on UK Gold last night and she showed no interest whatsoever, I 'grew up' (debateable I know ) on the A-Team.....

[/color]

Compatibility does not mean that a couple have to like everything in the same way. I can NOT stand the baseball and Hubby loves it, especially when the Yankees play. If it was required that I liked baseball before I can become an American citizen, I would have never been one. :o

For me the differences beteen 2 persons are the things which supplement and complement each other. And I sure don't want to live with a guy who is exactly like me, lord have mercy. ::

Jasmine

Phil..do you really want your partner in life to be a B.A.Baracus fan ?

some thing are better omitted in this short time we have here :)

S

Archived