Age Difference..

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

age would probably be down the "wish list" somewhere

My GF (21) would comment this in the following way:

"I don't want to marry an old man!"

So it is a "no go".

On the other hand he should be a little bit older ie. more mature than her.

Of course there are women who like much older men but IMO they are the exception.

Best regards

Naiv

Sounds fair enough. Probably should added something along the lines of "within reason" and "with exceptions".

Ever start a post where you realised part way through that the subject you were tackling was somewhat larger than you could be bothered to do full justice to and decide "f#ck it", I 'll just post what I've wrote anyway? :D :D :D

Not a criticism of anyone, more I guess an observation of the times we live in, but I find it worrying that I no longer find totally strange the concept of a guy travelling half way around the world to meet a gal in a strange culture, with no shared interests or a even common language, and where she may also be a prostitute, form a relationship after 2 weeks - and who then seeks relationship advice on the internet from complete strangers based on a fraction of the whole story, from folk whose "hobby" is humping whores.

Me thinks that Dear Abby has it kinda easy. :D :D :D

David66UK said:

....... but I find it worrying.......

Hi david,

I can understand this. It is bound to be a difficult period of transition as you open your mind beyond the narrow confines of western conformism.

Just stick with it, keep your confidence and you will find it immensely satisfying.

Khwai

Ever start a post where you realised part way through that the subject you were tackling was somewhat larger than you could be bothered to do full justice to and decide "f#ck it", I 'll just post what I've wrote anyway?

I do this all the time (you can never ever write about every single detail and ramification of a reasoning).

Nevertheless I think that the much quoted opinion that age doesn?t matter for thai women as much as for their farang sisters is not true. The only difference is that for farang women the ideal age difference is 0-5 years and for thai women it is more like 5-10 years. However there are always exceptions.

Have you ever read in farangland these newspaper or internet ads where say a 30 year old thai woman is searching a 40-50 year old farang. IMO a lot of these thai women understate their age by 10 years and believe that we farang can?t estimate their age properly.

Best regards

I do this all the time (you can never ever write about every single detail and ramification of a reasoning).

Never ask a question you don't already know the answer to :D

I find it hard to disagree with any opinions about age - But I guess in my gut I think that the DESIRED abstract age range is pretty similar to Farangland (a few years older), albeit with a wider age range being open for the "security" aspect which a Farang can provide. (Ain't no white europeans ever have to worry where the next meal comes from - nowadays at least) but when you meet someone the rule book goes out the window, so I figure if the "window" with the TG / BG is more "open" than Farangland then anything can happen and exceptions are more likely than in Farangland where the "window" is more closed.

E&EO !!!!.

Hi 2ndtry,

I think the one important fact here, is deciding to have kids with a "much" younger girl.

I think it is something that has to be concidered, and well thought out. The reality is, that the kid will not have a father for very long. A 50 year old guy marrying a 20 year girl will place himself at 68 when his offspring reaches 18. Wife will be 38.

Can you think of your Dad being 66, when you were graduating from High School?

Jeez......that is a pretty scary thought. I think we all have to look down the road a little bit, and understand our actions might have long reaching concequences. Younger Pussy is great. But understand it, for what it is.

HT

naiv said:

Have you ever read in farangland these newspaper or internet ads where say a 30 year old thai woman is searching a 40-50 year old farang. IMO a lot of these thai women understate their age by 10 years and believe that we farang can?t estimate their age properly.

Best regards

Especially when their ID card is 543 years out or so :D

Archived