Being an asian male from Europe in LOS

drogon

Drogon,

** I am korean born and adopted by a western couple. **

Just imagine you would be Belgian born and adopted by a Korean couple , much more to worry about I would think. Sitting in a bar talking to Old Hippie about " much desired reunification " , he would not understand you. Belgium reunificated with what ? Asterix ? You saying " my My beloved brother and Leading countryman Kim Yong ll " , how does that sound ?

I think you are much better off this way round , not to worry. You like French Fries ?

BuBi

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not worry to much, thanks, I find it rather funny most of the times.

"French fries"......France never invented fries but it is historically a belgian invention, we have "friteries" places where you find exclusively fries.

Each time I ate fries in France they were "fucked up", anyway France cuisine is not renowned for its fries.

could you tell me who is the bastard who "exported" the term french fries???

(Never found real fries except in a restaurant in New York and in a belgian restaurant in tokyo)

:beer:

Cheap for YOU may be expensive for others mon ami

---------------------------------------------

so, how expensive is free. No, no "free is expensive" infatuation story, you wrote "charged him cheaper". Ah, mais!

PS: I am a lot more from the "cheap for you is expensive to me" brigade.

this guy just thought they charged him less

---------------------------------------------

humm, from hawaii? me thinks 4000 bahts may look cheap to him. There's a sucker, or a braggard, born everyday :). But ask him, if you please. 1000 is not cheap, plain regular, BTW.

I think it varies according to bar and how long the girl has been there. As a black american I found Pattaya better than BKK, some problems but not enough that I couldn't find someone. Sometimes being black was an advantage, some were curious about certain stereotypes being true or not...hehehe...which is a different kind of pressure when you drop your boxer shorts TRUST ME!! haha

Some girls only think there are 2 colors in America, black and white. I would be curious to see how they would respond to latino americans as well. I have a friend that is half black, half mexican but gets mistaken for arab...sometimes Italian. He's light brown complected.

As soon as they hear you talk they know where you're American is what I found.

A lot has to do with approach. If you look Japanese than the ones who are going to come to you will be the baht hunters.

If you take some time. Speak with a girl of your choosing and have some fun while in the bar, you should have been able to lower that 3k LT. But everyone's mileage differs.

That's if you're a tourist or just breezing through.

If you live here and are looking for a regular girlfriend, looking asian (chinese/thai) is a huge plus after you break the ice. I've been told often enough it's the best of both world's. Treated well (per se) and not having to deal with the ignorant Thai populace looks and snide remarks. But that's a larger group of women encompassing more than just girls in the bar.

<<burp>>

which is a different kind of pressure when you drop your boxer shorts TRUST ME!!

------------------------------------

I can vouch for what Chocostevolino is saying. His GFs, whom I was acquainted with, were indeed quite perplexed, size-wise. On the other hand: "Sateeb, very good man, no hurt too much!"........ :neener:

chocolat steve said:

Some girls only think there are 2 colors in America, black and white. I would be curious to see how they would respond to latino americans as well. As soon as they hear you talk they know where you're American is what I found.

A very long time ago in beautiful Nakhon Phanom on the Mekong, I was in a bar when a couple of guys with black hair and dark complexions came in. I heard one girl ask another, "Thai or Mexican?" Of course, Mexican would have been a Mexican American from the U.S. Air Force.

As far as being identified as an American by my accent, my experience has been just the opposite. We talk for a while and I still get "Where you from?" Possibly because my ancestry and appearance are consistent with being from northern Europe.

:twocents:

I've heard some say they can't distinguish between an American accent and a non Ameircan accent whether it be British English, Aussie, Irish or Scottish. Unbelievable to most of us I'd imagine but then again, I get a chuckle when I see Aussies, Kiwis, Irish or Scottish here asked if their English in some of our tourist spots so maybe its not as easy to distinguish.

pattaya127 said:

which is a different kind of pressure when you drop your boxer shorts TRUST ME!!

------------------------------------

I can vouch for what Chocostevolino is saying. His GFs, whom I was acquainted with, were indeed quite perplexed, size-wise. On the other hand: "Sateeb, very good man, no hurt too much!"........ :neener:

haha...you wish! You haven't heard the rest of what she says"...no hurt too much...after a while but you have to use lots of KY' ::

Archived