EU ATM cards / Visa withdrawel limits & fees?

chilli13

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My K-Bank account has a daily withdrawl limit of B100K/day. Gotta ask for it and have a history of having some dosh in the bank, of course. I use the Suk Soi 33 branch, but it shouldn't make any difference.

Limits are set by your home bank, so if you do not live here, look there first to adjust daily withdrawl limits. Pom Michael is correct in that B20K *seems* to be the machine limit per transaction at K-Bank. But if your daily limit is high enough, just do multiple withdrawls as needed.

And yes, with my US account ATM card and my passport, I can withdrawl B20K/day from the counter at K-Bank and Bangkok Bank. Dunno about others. Unsure how daily ATM limits affect this as I have no idea what the limit is on my US account (but I think US$500).

Cheers,

SD

sounds like we have some sort of consensus here.

atm maschine limit seems to be defined by max number of bills per transaction(20) so 20k as long as the other criteriums agree such as card limit etc.

bank over the counter limit should in theory only be limited by the combination of card limit & branch limit, so potentially higher than 20k should be possible if say card issuer allows say 1000eur(50k thb) per day or transaction no?

cheers!

My K-Bank account has a daily withdrawl limit of B100K/day. Gotta ask for it and have a history of having some dosh in the bank, of course. I use the Suk Soi 33 branch, but it shouldn't make any difference.

The 100K atm limit is standard as far as I know, you don't need to ask for it or show anything to get it. But of course you need to have enough in your account to do it.

I have some close connctions to the soi 33 branch, I can ask them the next time I go there if more details are needed.

Regards,

Aye, PM. Standard daily limit is B25K at K-Bank.

Danish30: K-Bank do not even advertise that they have higher daily limits and are reluctant to give them. You must ask for it and it must be approved by your home branch manager. Most likely that manager would not approve unless you have some history with the bank or a *lot* of money in accounts there. That is my take on it per conversations with wifey who handles all the banking stuff in my family.

IB13: 10-4 on the machine limits concensus. It seems that B20K/day is all they will give over the counter as this amount was mentioned to me as a limit *before* I gave them the card. I am not sure that is is tied into a daily withdrawl limit as I seem to remember needing B38K out of that account one time and the card limit at the ATM was B20K. Mehkong Kurt told me about the over-the-counter withdrawl thing and it worked. I am pretty sure I did it the same day as the B20K ATM withdrawl, so that raises the question of daily limits (pretty sure that account has a US$500/day limit on ATM usage). BTW, this info applies to Bangkok Bank as well.

The above applies to K-Bank... :dunno: about the rest of 'em unless otherwise noted. Anyone know about other banks?

Cheers,

SD

Yes, it should be possible to withdraw 20K multible times until your card provider says stop or your account runs low on money....

For what it's worth, I tried to do this last trip (Feb) - Thai Military bank... ATM only let me have one go (20k), I was after 100k - got it over the counter no worries with passport.

AUS bank.

I have a K Bank account, 40 K is the max daily using the ATM (Of course using the passbook I can do any amount).

When I want 40 K - I get 2 lots of 20K

Worthwhile information, all the banks have branches open at Chatachuk Markets Saturday and Sunday - VERY useful!!!

MBK has a number of branches also open on weekends

DOG

Archived