Brit jumps off Balcony

BuffHello

Medication may have caused British man to jump to his death

Boonlua Chatree

Police were called to a bar in Soi Yamato around 8 p.m. on July 27 following a report of a foreigner jumping off the fourth floor of the building.

Officers arrived to find the naked body of Derek Edwards, 42, from the UK on the road as crowds gathered in the soi. The deceased was taken to the forensic hospital for examination.

Piyawan Booncharoen, 27, the deceased?s wife, told police that Edwards was an alcoholic and had tried to give up drinking for Buddhist Lent. He had visited a hospital to help him with the addiction. Doctors gave him medication to assist with the process.

She said that over the previous three days, Edwards would run around naked and that on one occasion police were called in to detain him. He was doing the same when he ran to the fourth floor of the bar building and jumped.

Witnesses in the area, both Thai and foreign, gave similar accounts of the incident. Officers went to the man?s room where they found medication that they kept as evidence.

Life in LOS sure has a strange effect on some folks,or maybe it`s just that it attracts the wierdos...who knows,but would this chap have done this in Scunthorpe or Basigstoke oR Aberdeen....I think not.Certainly not naked anyway--- too bloody cold.

Suicides are fairly common amongst 'distraught'/deranged farang in the Pattaya area ... not that Thais are immune ... and, the Thais (especially the females) seem to prefer to jump. Anyone know the incidence ratio of BKK compared to Pattaya? I think Pattaya has the edge.

Personally, I was impressed by the courage of that young Thai lady who chose to scale the fence at the Crocodile Farm in Bangkok perhaps a year ago or so ... sure made some crocs happy! ::

Redbaron said:

I'm surprised this made the news... it seems to happen every couple of hours in Pattaya! :D

Me too. Just another guy loses his job...leaves his wife and kids. Somebody tells him he can start a new life in Pattaya. So off he goes. Free at last! Runs around naked and stuff. Thinks he's in paradise for a week or two until some bar girls clean him out. Just enough baht left for a couple bottles of Mekhong. Alone in room feeling worthless....no way out...sees balcony...over he goes, headfirst... splat...it's a good one...makes the 'Jumpers of the Week' page in the Pattaya Mail....big yawn is heard across the Gulf of Thailand. Next please... :(

CWoww said:

Me too. Just another guy loses his job...leaves his wife and kids. Somebody tells him he can start a new life in Pattaya. So off he goes. Free at last! Runs around naked and stuff. Thinks he's in paradise for a week or two until some bar girls clean him out. Just enough baht left for a couple bottles of Mekhong. Alone in room feeling worthless....no way out...sees balcony...splat... makes the 'Jumpers of the Week' page in the Pattaya Mail....big yawn is heard across the Gulf of Thailand. Next please... :(

You should be a writer !

:D :D :D :D

BB

Archived