the new Football Season-2005/2006

sayjann

Duh, Vitesse lost in the Cup round to a non league team. 1-0 ahead after 3 minutes and than 1-3 by a guy who went through the Real Madrid youth ranks, just made it 3-3-.

Than they lost on penalty shoot out with Van der Gouw (ex-Vitesse and ManU) stopped two penalty kicks by Vitesse players.

Oh yeah, it was at home as well. Duh.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

time to burn that Shirt of Yours............ :grinyes:

Van Der Gouw rules................ :elephant:

always liked him at MU............ :applause:

my local Team Portsmouth lost this Week in the 'whateverisit'snamethesedays Cup' and i have been chuckling ever since.

i love baiting the People who extol their greatness and how they will get a European place this Season......... :shakehead

i just tell them that they are cannon fodder and GOING DOWN...... :grinyes:

somehow i'm not very popular at times....... :yikes:

Van der Gouw was a good goalie, despite him leaving for ManU. Good for him tho he was offered the job as substitute goalie at ManU. Best thing ever that could happen to him.

Didn't know he was still playing at 42!!!!!! He was succeeded at Vitesse by Westerveld, who was on the treble cup Pool team.

Must give you a field day Sayjann. Big duh day for me though.

Pompey got kicked out of the FA cup right? Same as Spurs, or Scum as CS lovedly calls them.

some things lost in translation it seems.

never trust an American to know anything about Football.

the official title of Scum is credited to Southampton,not Spurs.

Steve's feelings for Spurs cloud his mind.

i did explain the reason why many moons ago.

not the FA Cup,the smaller League Cup or whatever it is called these Days.

hahaha...let the baiting begin. sayjann, you know as well as I do that everyone calls their derby rival or any rival scum nowadays, no matter from whence the term sprang.

glad to see the scum lose to grimsby...hahahahaha....league cup was the only real silverware they had a chance at anyway.

I think Man USA have a decent enough squad to get runner up but as sayjann said, they don't get up for each game. Still in the frame of mind that lesser clubs are supposed to let them win because they're manure. Those days are gone. Everyone fancies they can get a point at OT if not a shock win. Giggs is out of favor with Fergie for some reason. He's not getting minutes. Ronaldo has a lot of potential and I still fear him. I hope Real Madrid comes calling for him soon. I hear he's not happy in Manchester...but then again, who is?

limbo, I saw the vitesse scorelines as well. our club is hovering at the bottom of the table but its early days yet. As long as we stave off relegation I'll be happy. Hard to ask for the season we had last time out. It was almost an Evertonian type season.

I think if we can beat Man USA at OT this season it may spark our season like the win over Liverpool in Dec. '01 did for our confidence in the '02 double season. For Man USA it has to be the Chelski game. Until they beat Chelski they will not feel they can win the title or compete with them.

'hahaha...let the baiting begin. sayjann, you know as well as I do that everyone calls their derby rival or any rival scum nowadays, no matter from whence the term sprang'

seems i will have to bow down to your superior knowledge and accept what you say.

after all you have been following the Game for a few Years and unlike me whose first Football Game was in 1968 you know better than me.

but i have talked about the 'scum' calling to People i work with and they all say the same.

i work with People born in Glasgow,Liverpool,Bristol,Manchester,Newcastle,London and they all say the same.

they do not use the word scum against there local rivals.

they all agreed that as far as they knew,the word scum (scummer) only applies to Pompey/So'ton.

when Sol Campbell walks out against Spurs you do not hear the crowd chanting scummer.

when Andy Cole walks out against MU you do not hear the crowd chanting scummer.

but if James Beattie,Nigel Quashie and Harry Redknapp walks out at Fratton Park you will hear the chants of scummer,scummer,scummer going on for a long time.

even the TV pundits mention this word at times and all acknowledge that it is a Pompey/So'ton thing.

my Friends did not agree with your view.

but i'll let them know that they are wrong and you are right.

after all you seem to know more than People who have supported their Teams for 30-40 Years.

sayjann said:

they do not use the word scum against there local rivals.

they all agreed that as far as they knew,the word scum (scummer) only applies to Pompey/So'ton.

What? hahaha...tell that to the Arsenal supporters on the online forums I go to. When I used the term 'tottenscum' a while back I didn't make it up. I got it from Arsenal supporters. I've also heard Chelscum. I would never have referred to tottenham as such if I hadn't first heard it myself.

I've heard that phrase thrown about at the pub by so many different supporters like its bar peanuts.

Think you gone over the end on this one my friend.

I recalled others using that term on here as well for things other than soton. Here's a sample just from a word search. They're gooners by the way...hehehe:

Post # 380088 by Kman 30/12/2004

"Bring on the SCUM. Looking forward to the game. 10 Race Day at Shatin follwoed by ale and a match at 1.30 am..NICE."

Post #369878 by frogpatrol 15/11/2004

"Canadian ladies over Arse-Scum? What were you thinking, man?

froggo "

no problem my friend.

as i said i realise your knowledge is more superior to mine.

and i imagine my Friends who grew up in the Cities i mentioned will also bow down to your knowledge.

after all a Rangers Supporter having been bought up in probably the most intense rivalry cannot know as much as you.

i will leave this subject alone from now as myself and other Brits do not know anything about the subject.

it has been suggested to me that i call you the 'Rivalry Expert' and i think that title seems apt...............

Archived