the new Football Season-2005/2006

sayjann

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thought i had better get in quickly,i knew you would be quick off the mark........... :grinyes:

Rooney was stupid IMO.

a silly booking after a warning and then the reaction to the Ref was VERY FOOLISH.

the tackle was nothing really but the falling down by the Villarreal Player made up the Ref's decision after Rooney had been warned.

but it brings to mind what i said earlier.

Rooney is Young and he will (i hope) learn,but look at Vieira.

he is very experienced but got sent off again Tonight.

around 10 Times for Arsenal and now for his new Club.

my point earlier was that hopefully Rooney will learn and just because they have played for Years (Vieira) they can be so undisciplined and still not learn.

Vieira was silly with his challenge which earned him his 2nd Card.

he should know better.

happy with MU's result.

away from Home without Keane and taking into account MU's record in Spain (1 win in 15) a draw was a good result in my eyes.

MU had a couple of chances but were on the backfoot after the sending off.

but a Point is a Point.

i thought i had lost 8 Months of my life when i saw the highlights from Highbury.

i thought it was May and i was seeing the winning Goal in the CL Final.

the Arsenal Players and Fans reaction to the winning Goal in injury-time against that GIANT of European Football F.C.Thun was amazing.

not only did i think they had won the CL,but the PL,FAC and World Cup also.

Van Persie.

don't know about a straight Red.

IMO he wasn't deliberately going out to hurt (or foul) the other Player,but his foot was VERY high.

he did catch him full in the face with his boot and in Europe you cannot raise a foot.

well i know what Zaad has being doing for the last Week.

on his knees everyday praying that his mighty Benfica would have a bit of luck,and it worked..........:onfire:

Benfica won their opening Game with seconds to spare and then travel to Manchester to face a weakened MU Team..... :down:

but Benfica will be disappointed after playing their biggest Game since May 29th 1968.

and May 29th is my Birthday BTW and the 1968 date is etched in my memory...........

dream on Zaad.............. :neener:

To me the point is that once he thought it was acceptable behaviour and/or that he could get away with it (ie with England) then it was only a matter of time before it got translated into his Man U performances. Regardless of his club manager. Got to admit though it was quicker than I thought!

In NO walk of life is it acceptable to swear and bad mouth your captain and manager, even if you wrongly feel hard done by. Just imagine your reaction if a subordinate at work gave you such a mouthful merely because you asked them either to do something they didn't especially like, or told them to cool down after a childish and massive overreaction. I've known people suspended or even sacked for less.

Trouble with Mr Rooney is that when God dished out the talents, in young Wayne's case he didn't give him very much above the neck! Enormous football talent, but no brains and a short fuse.

It will be interesting to see how his relationship with Fergie progresses. In my opinion Fergie is quite a control freak, who doesn't like being stood up to and prefers malleable players (with the notable exception of Roy Keane, but there I think the "kindred spirits" takes over and gives Roy more leeway.) Potentially interesting clash of personalities.

Rooney is now likely to become the referees marked man of the Premiership (especially with Patrick Viera's departure) and he only has himself to blame - what a thicko!

Again, going back to my posts on the cricket yesterday - what a contrast in behaviour, spirit and sportsmanship we saw at The Oval.

While it rained red cards yesterday and mighty glad Benfica managed to get 3 lucky points. :)

Even out of form we do the job and that's a characteristic of a super team :)

Sayjann,

Man U will lose one way or another, the absence of Keano makes no difference.

( I know it's not wise to speak like this and brings badluck but I surely enjoy the moment )

:beer:

Lampard and Gerrard basically play the same position for England. I hate to say this but one needs to sit as a defensive oriented team minded midfielder is needed to balance out the team like a Carrick or Parker, the same effect Nicky Butt brought when he was with the team. This move is not about talent but what is best for the team. Manchester City is this years Everton, and like Everton last year, they have a lot of players, most of whom older, overachieving like Sinclair, Barton, James, Reyna, Fowler, and Cole.

Very concerned about the way Arsenal played against Boro. With virtually no chance of finishing higher than third in the EPL, they should use all of their guns for the Champions League. With Henry being out an extended period of time, we'll see how good the partnership of Van Persie and Reyes really is and whether it has a future. Depending on how that plays out, Henry will either sign a contract extension or answer Ronaldinho's call to join him at Barca next year. They desperately Sol Campbell back as Cygan is getting beat defensively.

Lampard is out of form. He had a great season last season. It may have been a one off season. A Kevin Phillips career season. Who knows. Gerrard is the man for England I think. He's more of a box to box player. Plays with more passion and is more apt to be able to take a game by the scruff of the neck than Lampard can.

I'd relegate Becks to back up winger for SWP who needs minutes to feel settled internationally. I'd play Joe Cole on the left wing. Rooney up front, with either Dafoe or Owen, who ever of the two is in form, starts. The other off the bench. The other midfielder, hmmm, someone who can read the game and has the ability and temperment to play the makelele role. Its not Becks who fancies himself in the middle. It can't be Lampard either. Carrick is a good choice. Ledley King played at center mid a few times for the scum and did well in it. He knows what the needs of the back 4 are and could act as a 3rd CB on a counter attack.

As far as the Arsenal. I'm not overly worried. Its early days It was one of those games. We were the better side and they got a goal off their first shot on goal. That won't happen each week. Man USA have started off well but they have faded the last 2 years. Liverpool won't catch us in the league. They won't win as many games as Arsenal against the clubs 5th to 20th in the league. They'll get up for the big games agianst the big sides but don't score enough to win as many EPL games as Arsenal. Man USA are in trouble with Heinze and Keane out and hot head Rooney is always a red card in the making. They have led Arsenal twice the last 2 years in January and ended up behind us. We played a large part of last season without Vieira. We'll get it sorted.

question for chelseafan or anyone else who wants to answer it. Why hasn't G14 made any indication to solicit Chelski for membership? As it stands their credentials were better than Arsenal's when we were invited to join. Borussia Dortmund, a member, may drop out soon due to financial reasons.

I think I know why, but will hold my thoughts. ::

Christ Steve,where you been lately?.

seen you around other Threads but you have been missing from the Football chat for a while.

wouldn't be the same chatting about Football if we didn't bait each other.

usual start to the Season and Teams high up in the Table who will soon begin to slip down.

Tottenham,Man City and West Ham spring to mind.

Liverpool will not be fighting for top spot.

the big 3 will be the ones to look at again.

Arsenal losing 2 Games already is a surprise,no matter who they played.

not surprised at Chelsea's start,not difficult Games really considering their Squad.

happy with the start the MU have begun with.

the good win at Newcastle was followed by the Man City Game which was a typical Derby.

for once City wanted it more and i felt MU thought they only needed to turn up and they would win.

the Liverpool Game was an anti-climax.

the onus on Liverpool as they were the home Team and after 3 losses at Home to MU in the last 3 Seasons was a spur to them.

but both Teams were boring as they both put 9 Men behind the ball as soon as they lost possesion.

early Days and no-one is looking that good really,even Chelsea.

MU have injury problems and that does worry me.

Heinze is a huge loss and Keane to a lesser extent,but he will be missed.

Fletcher and Richardson are not replacements.

Ronaldo still does not impress me and i want Giggs to get back on the wing.

Rooney does play on the edge but is a matchwinner and will prove his worth this Season..........but i still don't agree with MU buying him though.

Archived