What does your (Thai) wife make for breakfast?

Vintage_Kwai

Unlike many Thais, who seem unable to survive without a full meal for breakfast, my wife usually makes me some sandwiches and sometimes a boiled egg to brownbag and have with coffee once I get to work.

I'm happy with the processed ham and cheese (usually from Foodland) that usually goes into the sandwich; on ocassion I'll get a beefburger (made from leftovers of the previous night).

But she really got creative today. This is what I found in it:

Two slices of wholemeal bread

Square of processed cheese

Margerine (she sticks the butter in the freezer every time I'm not looking)

Marmalade

Salad leaf

Sliced tomatoes

local 'salami' (you know those round processed circles of stuff that masquerades as the real thing, booby-trapped with chilies?) She keeps buying the stuff even after I tell her not to, and is something I will not eat (under normal circumstances).

It's because I had no choice and eventually managed to down the thing, and am so absolutely floored with her creative ability, that I thought I'd rant a little, and would be curious as to whether anyone else has an equally creative partner?

Hi,

No breakfast, but she does try new stuff for dinner often. For example, we recently bought a deep frying pan and last Sunday she made little balls of mashed potatoes with some bread crumbs on the outside, and a hot suprise on the inside.. a little chunk of cheese.

Not sure if she read this in a magazine or just came up with it herself after seeing some of the food being fried in Holland.

Oh, they were quite good btw, although could have used a bit more salt.

Sanuk!

Kwai,

Sounds fantastic. Just trying to get my head around the marmalade bit though....still Turkey and Cranberry jelly work well together, so why not?? I guess every bite was a surprise package....What have I hit??? Orange peel from the marmalade or prik kia noo from the salami....classic...

Think yourself lucky you still get breakfast made for you. After 10 years, Citizenship and an Oz Passport, my other half has a Bacon & Egg sandwich and Coffee for breakfast (After I make it that is !!!) 555 The days of running baths and applying paste to the toothbrush are long gone...only lasted a couple of years if I can remember that far back.....How quickly they learn the ways of the falang....I keep threatening to bring back a maid / mia noi each trip...doesn't do a thing...You have money enough, you can do...but here's my list of demands......gotta love em.

Chock dee Dumsoda :beer: :beer:

Archived