Why would anyone want to hook up with a TBG?

walking_atm

This means for a farang (educated or not) who has come to the conclusion that world events are not so important as living in the present moment, conversing/ relating with a BG or uneducated thai girl

-------------------------------

IMO, you can add much of the population in this. Thais are not that straightforward about giving opinions, especially on events outside their daily lives, and if they do, it rarely means they want to engage in a conversation about it. I think it may be about disinterest, but as well restraint to forward one's feelings or opinions on another.

I think this board shows how much we westerners like to talk about things, it would be great to see if thai boards have people engaging each other for pages about terrorism, RS, and any subject that has us going, and keep coming back. I doubt it, maybe more with students, but not our generation, since we do not have too many active members from University here.

I think that by immiscing in an asian culture, we get the best of both worlds.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go again, GTG vs BG/exBG!

In a relationship, it takes 2 and many outside variables. To judge that so and so because of their background alone is a tad narrow minded, IMO.

Yes, in my experience, a long term relationship with an ex-BG may be shaky. But depending on the man (a farang)'s background also. I have seen many "farangs" who do not have much different background than a BG/ex BG, that is, similar education, similar upbringing. It used to surprise me of how people from different parts of the world can find partners with smilar basic background. And many of these marriages work out fine.

I have a couple of good friends, lost one in the tsunami, but the other one is 62, his American wife left him after 40 years of marriage and now he is in Thailand with an ex dancer and he is happy. He just called and told me that "It is better to know what to expect than getting along thinking that everything is fine. The the rug got pulled under your feet!".

Many couples I met realize the culture difference and work on it and they are fine.

To judge that just because so an so has certain backgroun and will DEFENITELY make a bad partner is wrong, IMO.

By the way SOME the "farang" tourists I have seen in BKK, I would really have to be in some serious need to touch any of them, sorry. My apologies if I offended anyone. :(

Jasmine

Jasmine is saying the same thing that a few of us wrote. These are reasonable POVs, but if a guy writes it down, he's considered wearing rose-tinted glasses, and being an extremist when voicing that opinion.

Gee, I wish I was a thai woman board member too. Maybe time for a second NP ID! :D

LP,

Lets see a 100% GTG...A. because she told him so...B. the matching making company guaranteed no BG background..C. to remove any lingering doubts, she produced a crisp GTG certificate on demand - hey Kao San Road isn't too far to go or D. he hired a private investigator on her recommendation - lets keep it in the family!

It is funny on how my definition of GTGs (doctors, honor students, engineers, professors, well-respected families, community award recipients, etc) and yours definition(criminals, high school graduates, partyers, druggies, sluts, factory workers, etc) can be from the same population of GTGs. Geez, I wonder if we are really talking about the same common denominator of GTGs?

CB

Guest lazyphil

I'm using the np.com version of gtg i.e. (this board is rather clouded on GTG definition to this day :)) a non bg. Dont you think its a bit harsh putting high school kids and factory workers in same bag as sluts and criminals?, men here with a factory worker can now considor their girl not to be a gtg, what is she then?...i'm rather surprised you say this. Sluts must exist in all levels of society, you're not so blinded by the Thai class system to not to be aware of this?...Now your def of a GTG I understand and is valid, we went to a wedding of a gtg who studied here, parents send her an allowence (now married who knows?), from what I gather a loyal girl but being human she could be a slut if she so desired :hubba:....now I could tell you about the bg who bled this bloke dry of money here, hes never been to los or read thai forums for info, he came to my house asking my advice :: because she'd gone back to los with a very substantial amount of his money and she promised she'd be back soon, this 2 months from giving the money, i heard she did return but not to him, he should have avoided the bitch in the first place. I've seen and heard it all here, its a circus!

It is funny on how my definition of GTGs (doctors, honor students, engineers, professors, well-respected families, community award recipients, etc) and yours definition(criminals, high school graduates, partyers, druggies, sluts, factory workers, etc) can be from the same population of GTGs. Geez, I wonder if we are really talking about the same common denominator of GTGs?

CB,

You're such a snob sometimes. Why are you so focused on upper class girls? Surely you agree there's nothing bad about being a factory worker?

Archived