Why would anyone want to hook up with a TBG?

walking_atm

cardinalblue said:

It is funny on how my definition of GTGs (doctors, honor students, engineers, professors, well-respected families, community award recipients, etc) and yours definition(criminals, high school graduates, partyers, druggies, sluts, factory workers, etc) can be from the same population of GTGs. Geez, I wonder if we are really talking about the same common denominator of GTGs?

CB

Dude unless your on an expat package with a multinational firm, run your own successful business in Thailand, teach on the professorial level at a university or marry a young, impressionable, clueless hi-so chick or an old beyond her prime hi-so lady; I seriously doubt if your "status" allows you to make any inroads into the Thai society you speak so highly of.

Basically if you are in that category of farang that earns his living in the traditional farang jobs(ie barowner,English teacher) allowed by Thais, you probably don't have a chance in hell. So don't pooh-pooh those high school grads and factory workers.

Personally, I am not fooled as to why hi-so Thais like me. I work in banking and I have helped some of them with their personal finances. One took a real liking to me and introduced me to her circle. It would not have happend if I was a sanitation worker.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jjsushi said:

What idiot goes into Nanplaza thinking that he is going to find a girl to marry or make his GF? What type of guy goes into Nana to sit, drink and even gives thought to the pros and cons of the concept?

From where I stand both seem pretty damn silly

I dont think many people go there to actually find their future wife on purpose. They go there to have fun and PAY FOR SEX! Sometimes they fall in love and sometimes the girls will do anything that this happens and sometimes it is ture love.

It is funny where this thread was going:

ATM made a provocive post and everyone was falling for it :)

On internet boards you always get the most funniest things to read because everyone becomes a keyboard warrior and can hide behind his screen.

Some statements that i find funny:

ATM gets bashed because he is sitting in a *red light bar*

I don't get the point, does it mean you never payed for sex in Thailand??? If you ever payed for sex what makes you think your opinion is valid and his is not?

People claiming he categorizes bar girls as sperm receptacles.

They are prostitutes and they suck co*k for money, they sell you an illusion and when the time is over you have to pay!

It is up to you if you want to talk to these girls a lot, if you want to treat her as your holiday romance or your future wife, many people are just happy to get laid!

Of course they are much more than sperm receptacles in a whole, they all have bood running through their veines, they all have a beating heart, but at NanaPlaza they are simply hookers when you see them dancing on the stage!

you bashing him because he is talking about education, their skills etc.

why is that a problem for you? It is the choice of every individual what he prefers or not. If my EXBG Girlfriend couldnt talk to me about anything else than her own envoirement i couldn't be with her either!

He doesn't say that they cannot be a good wife

he is saying the the majority is trying to find someone to feed them and their families and who is still ignoring that needs seriously to wake up!!!! NOT ALL OF THEMbut the majority!

I know many here don't want to hear it

but there is a reason that a stinky or fat or an old man cannot get a young girl in his own country, why do you think they can get married in Thailand in no time? I don't think it is because they have such a nice heart. (exceptions excluded)

I am not judging the men doing that, I am happy for them if this is what they want.

All I am judging is those moral priests that try to twist your words in your mouth and think they have answers for everything.

Don't hide behind your fuc*ing keyboard... say waht you really think and not what people makes them like you more!

What idiot goes into Nanplaza thinking that he is going to find a girl to marry or make his GF
- I met another one last trip - wasn't in NEP, just round the corner in some beer bars.

But I would figure that most of those who get involved with a gal who would fall in the BG category never ever intended to 100% for sure............... just like me :D :D :D

Of course "mine" is different............ for a start she's not from NEP............ and also has a "CV" that would make many a NEP BG look like a nun in comparison :D Thats part of the reason why I like her. ::

JJ,

Yes, you are missing the point or trying to use a diversion tactic...

All i am pointing out is how the GTG category (equates to not a BG) is composed of a huge and diverse groups of girls who have nothing in common with each other other than being thai.

I have said nothing bad about HS graduates nor factory workers. They are a vital part of the thai culture and economy and just a fact of life. I just cited them as two many categories of GTG which certain posters always like to draw their arguments. Their knee jerk reactions is "well, i know a GTG who did is or that" to somehow neutralize in their minds the original poster's comment. My reference is that they are probably citing girls' examples from subsets of GTG over and over again.

Just a side not on factory workers. That subset is probably the closest socio-econ subset that mimics BGs profiles of any GTG but yet chosen not be a BG. Hats off to them! It is not the question of them selecting to be a factory worker but they didn't become a BG is the most interesting. What would you estimate? I would guess 20% or so BG were, in fact, factory worker before theiy slide into the BG world. Any many who can hack the BG world reurn to the factory. So there is a high identity and association between facory workers and BGs much more than say doctors and factory workers which by our definition are part of the GTG artificial world...

As to Hi So girls, I deliberately did not include them in the examples even though they would be part of GTGs. I am not a fan of Hi So girls because the tendency of coming with a attitude based on recent family success more so than old money.

It is my style not to personalize posts either for attacking or defending. But this recent post of yours has done both.

Personally, the categories I cited are GTGs that i have met through my various jobs here. I did not intentionally pick the best of the best but just some categories that i am familar with and have dealt with in LOS. And yes, i will gravitate to these sub-categories of GTG because of my upper-middle class background (fortunately i got lucky and was born into it). So those are the groups i am most comfortable with and knowleadgeable about as i have a pretty good understanding where they are coming from. As to your defintion of "making inroads" in thailand, I am not trying to make inroads as i have no need to. Backgrounds are not just strictly determined by $$$ alone and how much you make that year. I know a number of get rich guys recently have come to thailand, but their upbringing, lifestyle, and education would not classify them otherwise. BGs love these guys and vice versa and i am saying there is nothing wrong with that. It is a good fit!

So getting back to the original's post comments, some people are just not willing to accept that a BG is for everyone even though it might fit them perfectly as jasmine pointed out in her post. But jasmine, I will disagrree with about having same or identical socio-econ bacgrounds. Attitude and lifestyle yes but same socio-econ background?

CB

David66UK said:

What idiot goes into Nanplaza thinking that he is going to find a girl to marry or make his GF
- I met another one last trip - wasn't in NEP, just round the corner in some beer bars.

But I would figure that most of those who get involved with a gal who would fall in the BG category never ever intended to 100% for sure............... just like me :D :D :D

Of course "mine" is different............ for a start she's not from NEP............ and also has a "CV" that would make many a NEP BG look like a nun in comparison :D Thats part of the reason why I like her. ::

Exactly no one in his right mind goes into these sexzones looking for a mate. They go for sex,fun and entertainment. The relationship stuff happens if there is some sort of emotional, mental connection or some need that goes beyond sex. Where the problem starts is when guys move too damn fast to lock up a chick in a permanent relationship without getting to know who she is as a person.

Basically you will have 2 people who don't know squat about each other aside from what they learned over a holiday or two committing themselves to a permanent relationship that was based on a sexual experience. That is the REAL problem not the fact that the chick used to sell her body for money. The REAL problem is that 2 people don't know shit about each other.

cardinalblue said:

JJ,

Yes, you are missing the point or trying to use a diversion tactic...

All i am pointing out is how the GTG category (equates to not a BG) is composed of a huge and diverse groups of girls who have nothing in common with each other other than being thai.

CB

No diversion tactics from me. I am not that sophisticated. It is evident by your explanation that I misread the intention of your post. So disregard my previous commentary.

jjsushi said:

Basically you will have 2 people who don't know squat about each other aside from what they learned over a holiday or two committing themselves to a permanent relationship that was based on a sexual experience. That is the REAL problem not the fact that the chick used to sell her body for money. The REAL problem is that 2 people don't know shit about each other.

As (almost) always, the Sushi hit the nail on the head. Well said. Throw into the mix culture and language differences and there is the train wreck waiting to happen. Being a hooker or a punter has at most very little to do with it.

Cheers,

SD

Guest lazyphil

<<Their knee jerk reactions is "well, i know a GTG who did is or that" to somehow neutralize in their minds the original poster's comment>>

CB,as I think you're quoting me?, then if so, please re-read me, I gave good and bad examples of several TG sub groups, I see a kaleidoscope of behaviour patterns here, thats all I wanted to add to the thread.

Being a hooker or a punter has at most very little to do with it.

--------------------------------------

good point, just think of all the ladies from South America, Russia, Japan even, I mean all, who have transferred to te hubbie's country, when the RS was still at the fisrt ebb, not knowing each other (i will leave same country couples out of it, it's baaad there too), and someone dare tell me it's done soundly. I know a guy who married a brazilian woman, had 3 kids with her within 5 years ::, then they separated :(. WTF people are doing with their lives, you have to wonder sometimes.

------------------------------------

well, CB, that's what we are saying. And though, yes, people should be cautious in mating within the sex work strata, sounds obvious, I can change GTG in BG in your sentence and also thai sex workers instead of "being thai" at the end of your sentence.

there are some lost, scamming dangerous birds out there, but amusing myself to think of every p4P wife or Gf I know from people on this board and back home, what an array of different women with nothing in common except being thai, for coming from the sex industry.

Archived