Why would anyone want to hook up with a TBG?

walking_atm

Maybe that is the crux of our differences!

We must have difference definitions of what diversity means? I think ATM was trying to say that diversity doesn't exist in his mist of his somewhat generalizations..

I will let you start with your defintion of diversity...

But I will tell you i don't find a whole lot of diversity in the NBA (do you?) and my take on the BG scene is that it is on the left of that...

CB

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NBA

----------------

Basket?

depends of the bird's eye view. i suppose some, especially reformed whoemongers, do not find much diversity in the population of punters visiting the nightlife.

I can see for these guys, It does not really matter if they come from totally different latitudes, if they have a 2000$/month or 10 000 one, since hitting the bars define them, sure as it defines the girls working there.

Some others find that being a farang is as much as you will get defined by thais. Which would make you on par with the sex tourists and deadbeats flooding the kingdom. If one flies high enough, I can see they all have a point.

I would also point out (to the thread in general) that their are of course lots of GFG's (Good Farang Girls!) I would not piss on if they were on fire, just having the same language makes this judgement somewhat easier and quicker to make (usually / sometimes / occasionally :D :D :D)

Going back to my last Mr Farang looking for BG wife (I think I posted something under trip reports a while back), to be fair to the gals even though he was very clear what he wanted and that "although he was not rich" he wanted a Thai wife "and to buy her a house in Thailand", they were not queuing up......... indeed it was clear that NO ONE was in the Queue (which kinda had him perplexed).

And BTW this was not a Bar / Area where I was particulerly well known - so I was quite surprised that the utter contempt for him by the BG's and Mamasan was not hidden. (He was oblivious and it SHOULD have been obvious to him even in Farangland)............. Having said all that each to their own etc and I am sure he has found someone, the crazy thing about Thailand is that anyone can be happy and he may even find a Genuine gal.

This topic has been done to death many times here and there is also tons of literature on the subject.

Still I doubt that this will change or alter the fact that punters will form relationships will BGs.

In particular danger are guys who come to Thailand who are not experienced in P4P in their own country.

They don't understand the dynamics of sex for money and equate sex with love for that is what their previous experience has been.

Now if you throw loneliness into the mix and the availability of young pussy that would not be available back home then you have a poweful cocktail.

The guy gets shagged senseless on his relatively short holiday and suddenly he is in love when actually he is in lust and the girl goes in for kill and whamo he is married or a long term sponsor.

Very easy to undersand really.

After a short period of marriage or sponsorship this relationship will normally die a natural death because the foundation was from the very beginning based on not very much.

So to get to the crux of the matter most guys i believe don't go into P4P looking for a relationship but for a variety of factors like cultural naiveity , loneliness, BG rat cunning suddenly find themselves headlong into something they never really imagined when they wandered into the good old Nana Plaza.

To be sure this story will be repeated ad infinitum.

She was a good girl!!

What lasts longer: a marriage with a BG based on love or a marriage with a BG based on money?

My guess is that an older farang who is wise in the ways of woman and relationshiops and knows himself AND has money is likely to have a longer term marriage with a younger BG than two youngsters getting married for love.

And nothing wrong with it. All you guys talking about fat and old farang getting the girl cause of money etc, all i have to say is "Yeah." Why not? You make it sound like there is something wrong. What am i missing?

there is also the great stereotyping of farangs in 2 categories, wise, world-weary, "pay them to leave", and suckers. Now, if that was so strong, you'd be able to point them apart, just crossing suk 4 from NanaP to nanaH.

My guess is that the huge bankrupting scams are 1 in a 100, more i'd venture, the 100% false love marriages are 1 out of 10, 1 out 5 in a bad year ( ::), and the failed marriages, about the same as in the west (for whom some studies find, money issues are the main reason of collapse, hummm....).

people come up and say that girl was married, living in US, then left the guy, 2 years after. No one wants to think he may have turned to be a real asshole, a bore, a tightwad.

I do have sympathy and no ill-feelings against older guys hanging out around the nightlife, but I am sorry, they just don't look like the kind of guy you'd like your sister to marry. You know what I mean, if you do the bird eye's view on Bgs, i can do it on punters....

It's pretty plain out there, no Romeo, No Adonis. It seems safe to me to think a marriage with one of those guys hanging at 10 am on suk4 stools or 5pm in beer garden, could fail. No need to bring in scams.

>>people come up and say that girl was married, living in US, then left the guy, 2 years after. No one wants to think he may have turned to be a real asshole, a bore, a tightwad. <<

Of course not. The marriage broke obviously because the girl was a BG and the farang is a sucker ::

On the limited facts would not blame the farang either. Relationships go south for several reasons not always one person to blame.

But the difficulties of a 24 young BG probabaly hardened by the scene are best tackled by a mature farang (speaking generally). At 24 i wouild have been no match.

At 24 i wouild have been no match.

---------------------------------------

I can't even think how they would have chewed me and spit out, when I was 30! It would not have been pretty... :(

Went when I was 33. And, God, did i have to learn, still, but by then, i had Jung and Campbell on my side ;) (A&C thread).

I completed my GIRS 401, on repeated internships in Thailand, that's for sure! the fact is, it was more like P127 401!

Know yourself.

MaiLuk said:

My guess is that an older farang who is wise in the ways of woman and relationshiops and knows himself AND has money is likely to have a longer term marriage with a younger BG than two youngsters getting married for love.

I actually believe it is same same, but you are basically right!

You have mentionend 24 as a young age above, i definetely agree with you, i will never understand why people marry so early, the best years are yet to come :)

I don't know if the young couple already knows what love is, all couples in the world use the term "I Love You" but I doubt the most experienced this feeling when they are young. At least for me it completely felt different, they way i felt about myself, the way i saw things around me, the way i treated her, the way when all my former sex problems were gone :) etc...

when i lost this woman i locked myself in for almost a year, in this year i have learned more about myself than in the 30 years before.

Back to your term about the 2 couples:

the older man may treat the woman better, he is more experienced than her ex young boyfriend, he usually has better knownledge and in bed he doesn't shoot after 5 minutes :)

But the negative aspect is that the older he gets the less active he can be, the less attractive he is and the sexual activity is getting less too while the young gun can still shoot 4 times a day, he can have more spontanic intercoarse etc. Every generation has it's own "goods and bads" The strongest good of the elderly man is his experience, but I am not quite sure if this is enough.

IMO

you should meet at middle age and grow old together, that sounds less complicated to me than anyhing else.

Archived