Taxi Fares

mako

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TG limousine using miles is as follows (from their webpage):

Limousine Awards

Now you can redeem your miles on the ground with THAI's Royal Transfer limousine service from Bangkok International Airport to your home or hotel in Bangkok.

For one-way luxury limousine transfer, visit the THAI limousine counter 7 at the arrival hall in Terminal 1 and simply present your Royal Orchid Plus membership card.

Miles are automatically deducted from you account, then simply sit back and relax in your private limousine, smooth as silk with THAI.

Limousine Zone Miles

PX 5,000

P1 7,000

P2 8,000

"To avoid the old stinking wrecks and the dodgy drivers in the public taxi queue, walk up to departures and grab a nice decent cab that has just dropped off. The drivers are pleasant, glad of a return fare downtown and the cars are much newer and more comfortable.

:nono: Been using this way for years and always holding myself from sharing it to the board. Afraid we get a queue up there as well. Now the secret's away...remember one time on this board, the poster was complaining about a huge queue at the airport taxi... arived at the same time and got immediately one upstairs. No 50bht extra fee either.

If there's any trouble next month when I try o get a cab on the top floor :boxing: my boy. Or more likely :beer: if we really need to use violence ::

For a couple years now many of us aggree on going upstairs to the Departure area for taxi. I pay right at 290-300 baht for tip, tollways- both, most anytime of day. Sometimes pay the 50 baht fee if driver really wants it and he has a nicer new car! The only time you get stuck from the airport to Sukhumvit is if after comming off the free way you get caught by the light at Nana...waited 45 minutes from freeway exit to soi 15 once. Stayed at Royal President!

SkiBum

samak said:

no taxi at the airport?!? i have never seen this. there are always dozens of taxis waiting and the queue usually isn't long. i have not encountered anytime to wait longer then 10 minutes to jump into a taxi...

samak,

Actually happened to me recently (Sunday 17 July approx. 4.15pm)

Came in from London, hit the ground running...through Customs quickly and outside...only to see about 30 - 40 people waiting in the taxi line and no (repeat NOT ONE) taxi in sight......

Usually costs me approx. 300 - 350 Baht all up to lower Suk. in normal taxi...

What to do....walked away from negotiations with first "private car" tout....asking 700 ...pang mak...

Second one dropped to 600 (all up) O.K. deal done let's go...

Almost new Camry....spotless and great Aircon...

Yes, cost me an extra 250 - 300 Baht ($10 Oz) BFD...saved me how much time...I don't know...but guess maybe an hour....well worth it as I had "Plans" and wanted to get somewhere a.s.a.p.

Chock dee Dumsoda

:beer: :beer:

samak said:

toll fee has been reduced to 20, but probably they still charge you 40! :neener:

The Don Muang expressway has been reduced to 20 baht (from 30 to airport and 15 more to go beyond there). The first stage expressway that you take to get to Suk is still 40 baht. Total to/from airport is 60 baht.

Depending on traffic, it can be a good idea to just stay on Vibhavadi-Rangsit Road instead of getting up on Don Muang expressway. Then you would pay 40 baht to Suk.

TH

randomshots said:

"To avoid the old stinking wrecks and the dodgy drivers in the public taxi queue, walk up to departures and grab a nice decent cab that has just dropped off. The drivers are pleasant, glad of a return fare downtown and the cars are much newer and more comfortable.

:nono: Been using this way for years and always holding myself from sharing it to the board. Afraid we get a queue up there as well. Now the secret's away...remember one time on this board, the poster was complaining about a huge queue at the airport taxi... arived at the same time and got immediately one upstairs. No 50bht extra fee either.

If there's any trouble next month when I try o get a cab on the top floor :boxing: my boy. Or more likely :beer: if we really need to use violence ::

Everyone has his own method, but I'll note that I've never had a stinking wreck or dodgy driver from the queue, and I've used it plenty of times. I tend to think you'd have the dodgy driver problem more often with taxis not from the queue.

That said, the queue can at times be extremely long and slow.

Archived