Good girls asking for money...

Old Hippie

"I would add that I count alot f low-income people overseas as decent folks as well, and would imagine others on the board feel the same, right??"

Yes , may be right. Yet after a 14 hours work day this evening I sit in the first class compartment of the TGV, on the way from Lyon to Paris. Quiet as usual and start reflecting on various issues, wandering rather peacefully in my thoughts when two buggers sit opposite and start to chat loudly of stupid stuff. Then go on chatting with overly cheap looks and topics and vocabulay, not quite usual fot the place although FC in french trains is widely used.

I actually made the mistake to sit by a group of chairs reserved to the train controllers and very soon I wish they vaporise back to their ugly estate but then it seems easier for me to get all my belongings and move to the next wagon. Which I do, than relax again in the clean and calm environment, enjoy a bit the end of a rather successful day. Moving forward.

Random, keep a low tone

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"blue"]"I would add that I count alot f low-income people overseas as decent folks as well, and would imagine others on the board feel the same, right??"

[/color]

I have a fortune to hang out with both very high income bracket and lower ones, especially in Thai society and I found generally the lower income in Thailand are quite nice. My family is middle class, high education but not much money and very proud. The higher income bracket people have tendencies to ignore certain poverty and raise their children to think that money can buy lots of things. Not all people are like that now mind you, but I find the lower income seem to have more time for other people.

Just my experieince.

Jasmine :topic:

Problem with middle class thais, is that they're boring as hell. Just a lot of pretend, more identifying with their financial status than with their own selves, hence a facade behaviour that has you 1) remember you did not travel so far just to be home again, and 2) wish them a good day, bye!

PS: yes, I know, not all. but enough to make me say that! ::

[color:"blue"] Problem with middle class thais, is that they're boring as hell. Just a lot of pretend, more identifying with their financial status than with their own selves, hence a facade behaviour that has you 1) remember you did not travel so far just to be home again, and 2) wish them a good day, bye!

[/color]

I know, we middle class are so boring, but we might find you interesting one day P127 :D

Jasmine

Guest lazyphil

What class are we?!!!.....I get confused, my mums dad was a Dr, had his own clinic, but drunk any profits, Pernod was his posion....my dads dad was a worker here see the big tower?...they lived alone in this place for a year (before they got a more modest workers cottage) in early 50's i think, old hunting tower, that looks over Englands finest stately home, I remember doing a school project on Chatsworth, the teacher (and the Mrs, had to explain my family were not royalty!) thought I had rocks in my head when I told them my dad lived in the hunting tower....the duke and duchess of Devonshire (house in Derbyshire though ::) know how to take care of the lower classes/workers, even now i get free entrance to the game/anngling fairs, thats class IMO ::

Archived