Good girls asking for money...

Old Hippie

In the last year, I have had 3 GTGs ask me for money. One (who has a decent job) wanted a "loan" (5,000bht) which she paid back, then asked for 20,000bht (not a loan), one asked me for "help" every month (has a good job), one asked me for a monthly stipened as well, so she could ditch her Norwegian sponsor, and finish grad school. Other guys have mentioned they have been hit up as well. What is going on?

I have said no to all the requests, and just fired off an email to the last request, explaining to her that I didn't like being asked for money, and as she has not introduced me to her family, or does not have any real relationship with me, I thus don't see a need or obligation to help her family. "...for all I know, your family may never meet me, or may not even like me if they do meet me..."

I was hesitant to write to her and explain myself to her, and was just going to blow her off, and forget about it, but 2 well educated Thai women here told me not to just let it go. They said these "good girls" need to be told this is wrong, and need to know their behavior is inappropriate. So I decided to explain myself to her...

Remember, these are supposedly "good Thai girls," good education and jobs, good families etc...and as I have said, other guys I know have run into this also... now, thoughts on this matter? Discuss please...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>ditch her Norwegian sponsor<<

don't think so!!!

do you think a Thai woman would just give up an income source like that???

sounds like that GTG may be full of it...

What do you get in return???

It really sucks to be seen as a cash cow, in the village people I dont know get shitty with me because I dont give them money to pay their debts or get them drunk...

Its a beautiful place where my family live and sometimes I wish I was Thai so they'd just leave me and my wife alone...

Sounds like they may have heard a few big spender storys and are trying to cash in for themselves, glad you blew em off and hoped they maybee learnt we dont generally support anyone...

There is nothing new or unusual in your post.

I have been with enough nonbargirls to know that they all want extra cash. Thai girl. Farang Man, and cash. That's the winning formula. It's only the smallest percentage that want farang friendships solely for cultural exchange.

I have never ever ever known a Thai girl to maintain a long term relationship with a Farang without a direct improvement to her financial situation.

Have you?

Archived