And the winner is . . . . . . .

Nervous_Dog

That is the problem, I can't decide what to put in. I have a lot of "portait" shots, but I'd prefer something more involved than a boring head and neck shot......my archived shots are on film, mostly 35mm, which i could get put on a disk, and put up in the gallery...hard to choose just 2...

Hey, any ideas for a possible year end contest? I was thinking something like a contest for the guys who have placed in any of the previous 12 contests...some have placed in more than one, so it would be less than 36, 3 entries each, could be good, maybe an open theme? or a few theames? BTW, how do you spell Theame? :)

Enjoy the prize, I'll bring more next time!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ND,

The wine I gave you was heavily fortified with extra alcohol, in an attempt to 1)bribe you 2) get you drunk, in an attempt to get you into the men's room at Suzy Wong, which turns out wasn't necessary after all. I greatlyunderstimated the dosage, failing to take into account you are an Ozzie, and able to matabalize extreame amounts of alcohol, hence, it didn't work. Thank god Gummi was a good sport that night, nothing GAY, just 2 buddies helping eachother out...

You talking to me?

-------------------------

others too, but Welcome home! :D

I actually thought you had the velvet dress shot (packy's), and the B&W sleeper ('guess the blurry haze reminded me of a songkran pix : :grinyes:).

Your "Bday gift" could have done a nice showing, and the avatar even more.

about stunners, IMO thai women are beautiful as thai women, a quality not so easy to define. I think i turn my head more often in SF than in LOS, and definitely more upcountry than Pattaya or bangkok, streetscape-wise. By the time i've ridden the BTS 5 or 6 times, the number of pimples must be in the 1000s ::....

pattaya127 said:

Your "Bday gift" could have done a nice showing, and the avatar even more.

Miss Prezzie...hmmm, ya never know, she might have been one of them. I'll never tell, tho', especially now that she is officially retired from at least gogo bars and likely P4P. But she is like many, many Thai girls who seem to not photograph well. So many very pretty gals look really bad in candid/unplanned pix...why is that? Maybe the personality thing? :dunno: And unlike Rakit and some other guys I know, I do not drag around pro equiptment (lights, multiple cameras, flash umbrellas, etc) to get the best shots (but I enjoy looking at their results!), just my micro-sized point-n-shoot 2megapixel Panasonic.

As far as the avatar girl, it would not be appropriate to have any more clear pix of her -- the small animated GIF is pushing it far enough but was so cute I had to share! So solly!

Cheers,

SD

Maybe the personality thing?

---------------------------------

I think this is even more untangible than that. a TG usually comes to us with the oft-commented baggage of LOS lore with it. Also, the kind of succesfulness that even having paid for it, guys feel, having struck a good find. All things you cannot have in a close portrait, except for the shooter, by memory association.

hence the success of the Stick and OH pix. that untangible was basically all that was there (for Stick), I mean :up:, and guys were not encumbered with judging a face or a "thai woman", still recognize the romance of it all. OH's shot also had many things untangible about a thai woman, the "traditional"skill (music), real or dreamt, the demure but up-sizing look, both tantalizing and distant. There is a lot of "Thailand" in all that, guys recognized it more than in a basic portrait of a chick, and even more of an ass.

Rakit's saved the day for the other basic and so tangible reality of Thailand for many, but even that clinically concrete and recognizable element had to give in to the romancing images.

Much telling results. there is a lot more in a photo than just recorded, scanned pixels, that's why i love that medium.

Archived