Korean BBQ

liquidflux

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mrs Tiger's friend has one I feel is the best in the city (and cuz she give the ol' Tiger free soju either LOL)!

It is called Erhawon (sic) and is located on Suk Soi 31, about 100 meters past Bella Napoli pizzeria (which is about 300M from Suk). Yellow sign, LH side. Go with a few people and eat yourself silly for about B300/head! And be *sure* to tip the charming little high school girl who works her tail off (Mrs Tiger gives her B100+ each time) -- about 15 and has the regulation school short haircut -- she is so good that she'll run outside and hail a taxi for you without being asked!

Very popular with the Korean & Japanese expats and Thai salarywomen. You will likely be the only round-eye in the place.

I think I reviewed it in the review section. This place is deffo on the Tiger's top ten all time fav eateries in Bangkok (all price ranges).

Cheers,

SD

I have been to Erhawon (which is heavily advertised and many PR activites going on). the service and the quality of the meat is good, but side dishes and sauces served to the Kalbi and Bulgogi were not really authentic as in Korea.

for mor authentic korean food i can recommend 2 restaurants. one next door to the Office bar on Soi 33 and the other on Times Square. they got also a lot of praise from Korean business poeple with whom i went to dinner . sorry but i forgot the name.

as i am frequently (about every 2-3 months) in Korea, i do not often go for korean food in BKK. but if i have Koreans visiting me, there is not much choice...

I really like the one on Soi 22.

I think it's right before Larry's Dive. If you enter Soi 22 from Sukhumvit, there's a small little street on your right. It's not really a street, it's just a parking lot entrance that has some bars/restaurants around it.

The Korean restaurant is located in the center back. Slightly to the right.

Grills on the tables. Great Bulgoki with a good assortment of kim chi and side dishes.

It's a good time!

<<burp>>

Samak, I admit would not know anything about authenticity of the food as I rarely get to Kimchee-land. But I like Erhawon because of the fresh and good cuts of meat and the sides are yummy (love the kimchee, bean sprouts and juilenne potatoes). And the dipping sauce. Oh, and it's really cheap. I have not seen any advertising for it. tho maybe necessary since this is a new location (old one was on 24 across the Ariston Hotel). Hopefully they will not change anything nor will it become too popular!

I will give you suggestions a go tho'. Have never been there...we used to go to places in Korea-town (soi 12) and at soi 11 and the green route.

Gummi, I have tried the place on 22 when it was Shilla. Average IMHO. Has it changed any since the name change?

Cheers,

SD

yeah the land of the morning calm (that's the officially used proverb) has more to offer than just Kimchi, Bulgogi, Kalbi and Pipimpap! for example living octopus, rotten fish and dog meat!

i did not say Erhawon is bad. the meat (beef unfortunately is often of minor quality in LOS if it is not specified as imported) is very good and so are most of the side dishes. but some side dishes are missing, in particular all the different leaves in which you roll your grilled pieces of beef and the dipping sauces are pretty strange; not authentic. maybe an adaption to the mainly thai and japanese clientele; i know a korean restaurant between Soi 39 and 49 which is even less authentic but run by a Korean!

i did not see any Korean owner/manager/supervisor in Erhawon. the 2 i mentioned have Korean owner/manager and are pretty authentic

Archived