Curry Chicken

EasySt

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this dish. Not sure what it's Thai name is. There are a few different Chicken curry dishes. I hate them all except for one. I like the one with yellow curry and potatoes which you generally put on rice. It's not really spicy hot or sour or anything. Very filling and yummy.

I could never figure out which dish it is so quite often I get the wrong stuff. The wrong stuff would be the other dishes that look very similar but may not come with rice, are sometimes VERY spicy hot, and sometimes quite sour. I hate all those dishes.

Can anyone help me with the different dishes so I know what to look for.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spelled Massaman usually. Has peanuts in it too. Best with beef, as IMHO the spices work best with beef.

It's a Muslim dish, hence the name (Massaman is a bit of a butchered way of saying "Muz-a-lim" as Thais pronounce it).

Try Panang curry with pork or chicken. Don't see how anyone can hate that one :dunno: -- it's my fav!

Cheers,

SD

The reddish one is usually spicy hot and kind of sour tasting from what I remember. Putting it over rice does not help.

The other one I hate is similar to the yellow curry I am talking about in appearance but tastes totally different. It's a bit greenish maybe (??). I think it has coconut milk in it or something. I don't remember it being spicy hot but I do remember it being really sour tasting. YUCK! It may not even be called a curry at all. Maybe more like a Thai sour soup or something. BLAH!

Yes, the one I like definitely tastes more like an Indian curry than anything Thai. It's almost sweet tasting but not really. That's about as best as I can explain the taste. I just remember the yellow color and the sort of taste that I can really pig out on as opposed to the hot and spicy thai stuff that you can't really wolf down!

Archived