Welcome to paradise........maybe

Bembaman

www.pattayacitynews.net

If you are not familiar with this website, check it out. It fills in all the bits Pattaya Mail misses or more likely has no space to print. It is a more realistic portrayal of the shitty side of Pattaya. Pattaya really is a bad place now (rose tinted specs brigade please take them off)

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_21_10_48_3.htm

Check this incident. I dare say the guy was drunk and maybe he did thump the screen in anger or frustration, but that goes with the territory in a holiday resort where massive drinking is openly encouraged, especially to a taxi driver. The songteow guy could have called a cop or just given him ther finger, but no. He gives an oldish guy under the influence a kicking on the floor in front of a thousand witnesses, is filmed doing it and then walks out of the police station completely free of charges with a big smug grin. What a pathetic, weak country. Check the pictures which the police obviously had access to, film actually. They should maybe both have been charged with something or both walked free.

Check out all the assaults, rapes, stabbings and 'jumpers' from condos going on on a daily basis.

What a shit hole. Thailand will eventually kill the golden goose for sure. I dare say we will get the usual responses now that the guy deserved it, TIT etc (yawn), well maybe, but the fact is that if this happened in your own country you would want something doing about it, so why not here?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shit hole is a bit strong, I'd say somewhere like Angeles is more like that. Pattaya is more of a fools paradise, and an increasingly dangerous one. Of course the usual response is that of 'you get this thing all over the world', 'I still feel safer there than at home' etc. I find it the most boring place in Thailand.

paul101 said:

Shit hole is a bit strong, I find it the most boring place in Thailand.

paul,

Gradually, over the last couple of years I have to started to agree.

Don't really know if it's me that's changed or if I have just really opened my eyes properly and now see it for what it is....a flea pit that has not changed much in the last 10 years..

Now, before I get jumped on, sure there's lots of new buildings everywhere....big deal...underneath it's totally same same.

How anyone could live or retire there really beats me. I's O.K. for a 24 hour visit every year or so, but not much more.

rose tinted specs brigade please take them off

-----------------------------------------

er....that's because one does not wear RT glasses that one can dig Pattaya whole.

If someone has, say, a nice GFE there, I see no point in convincing him it did not happen. He knows better than me, surely.

I don't know what happened with the taxi-driver but I know it's a lousy job. The last thing you need is some drunk farang giving you a hard time. Driver lost his temper I guess. Police let it go. All done with no big court case, no lawyers, no subpoenaed witnesses, no phonecalls to the German embassy.

Anyway what would you do to clean up Pattaya? More police?

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_15_10_48.htm

Roadblocks? ID checks? Close the bars? Refuse all guests in hotels? Protective screens on all balconies above the 4th. floor? Safety nets?

::

Bit like a fairground, great when your a kid but when you grow up it's all a bit of a yawn. I find it the capital for the bad attititude, scams and attempted overpricing. I went once for 4 days but left after one night of disinterested and unfriendly girls and crappy bars. Some people love it though, but then some love blackpool, actually I think i'd rather go to Blackpool!

Archived