Welcome to paradise........maybe

Bembaman

Pattaya has always been a sleazy sort of place.

The safety of Pattaya is probably worse than in the past but that is true for a lot of Thailand.

The high cost of drugs and the number of speed addicts along with the desperation that comes of having very little future has fueled the current crisis.

Naturally a place like Pattaya will attract the chancers and opportunists. It is the same the world over in red light districts.

After all Pattaya is one big red light district.

Thailand itself is a violent and corrupt place and it is only natural that this would be even more accentuated in a place like Pattaya.

Having said all of that if one wants the delights of what Pattaya has to offer one must take the good with the bad otherwise stay away and spend your weekends at choir practice which i am sure will offer less in the way of safety problems.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After all Pattaya is one big red light district

------------------------------------

if you want it to be, but i doubt that the hundred of kids you see in the morning all around town going to school, are involved in it.

BKK nightlife is as sleazy as pattaya, it's just that Beach Rd becomes Sukhumvit, but the bars and gogos, same type of perimeters, in different proportions.

Coming from Paris's idea of red light district, and here the tenderloin, in SF, I do not find any outward/street expressions of BKK and Pattaya farangy nightlife sleazy (hard to see a breast, let alone a pussy). Pickpockets, drunken brawls,irate locals making a buck of tourism, that's international resort budget tourism anywhere. I'd like to see the police reports for the french Riviera towns between June and September.

There is absolutely nothing untrue about what the OP says, except that still very few will be affected by any of it, or notice (while guessing/reading it does happen).

PS: having done his deed, our OP, yet one more, has left the building. Or maybe he is busy packing..... ::

"<<Pattaya v Bangkok the perpetually recurring question that will never have people agreeing>>

Easily solved....PATONG!"

Holy fucking Christ eating porridge... You succeeded coming up with an even worse alternative ... I'lll take Pattaya over Patong, more going on and closer tro Bangkok...

pattaya127 said:

How anyone could live or retire there really beats me. I's O.K. for a 24 hour visit every year or so, but not much more.

--------------------------------

aha, that'what i think of NEP, 24 minutes though! :)

Well, I'll be #@*$#.....we agree on something...LOL... :) ::

NEP is not and has never been on my "must go" list.....often stay not far away, but very rarely bother to visit... :o:)

Think I'll mark the calander, this really is an auspicious occasion.

Good excuse for a drink actually.

Chock dee Dumsoda :beer:

Archived