Welcome to paradise........maybe

Bembaman

As I Said Laem Chaebang and Map Ta Put

Laem Chaebang is in Chonburi Province

Map Ta Put is in Rayong Province

Pattaya is a city with Indipendant status and has absolutley nothing to do with Chonburi and Rayong, thereby rendering any argument that you maybe trying to make flawed to say the very least.

If are are going to start quoting facts, make sure you get them right in the first place

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pattaya has absolutely nothing to do with the Industrial output of the Eastern Seaboard

-----------------------------------

then what are the hundred of cars leaving the city every morning about, plus taxi-bahts full of thais? Basically, they should drive in, not out, if I follow you guys.

I am an early riser, the activity below 3rd Rd towards the beach is dead at 7/8AM, but Sukhumvit is already in full traffic gear. Laem Chabang and Si racha are not that far away, I know people in the Bay area who drive or ride 30 to 50 miles to work.

As I read one time, Pattaya and around is one the most growing urban centers in Thailand. Predicting in a few years time it will pass Korat or chiang Mai in population. doesn't matter if it happens, what matters is that they did not pull this finding out of a hat.

And i doubt it has to do with strictly sex tourism.

Pattaya is a city with Indipendant status and has absolutley nothing to do with Chonburi and Rayong, thereby rendering any argument that you maybe trying to make flawed to say the very least.

----------------------------

what kind of crap is that? Are you saying that people are stuck in Pattaya, because it has a special status? Come on!

Laem Chabang is about 10kms off Pattaya, Sri Racha 20, Chonburi, a good 50kms. These are facts, so please, no patronizing, we can have a good discussion about this without it.

I wait for you to put me right about these distances, though ::.

127 you totally contradict yourself - you say

<<if you want it to be, but i doubt that the hundred of kids you see in the morning all around town going to school, are involved in it. >>

Followed by

<<My claim being that they don't see the kids going to school. 7am is a bit early for a punter, and they would have to be staying way off 2nd Rd, if up.

So - which is they do or don;t see kids going to school?

I still maintain that the punters prob do see kids, going off to school from the area called Pattaya (not some other area you;d like now to bring into the arguement, keep the arguement as you originally stated, Pattaya)

And I bet most kids parents are related as I said in my openingresponce <<Maybe not the kids, but ask what mum and dad do for a living, Red Light districts are always more than just whores, you need buildins, food, trinkets sellers, maids, workers.>>

Hence I am saying the parents are working in service and other businesses (kids FROM Pattaya, in areas near where a punter would see them, going or coming home if you like - NOT Rayong, Jomtien etc) that are related business to the red light industry in a large degree.

Only crap here is your logic old chap! So be polite, don;t reduce this to mud slinging as Mekong has correctly pointed out your flaws, as I have above, with your own statements.

DOG

You read my mind brother!!!

Patong rules. Yeah i know the selection of girls just isnt even in the same ballpark as BKK and Pattaya and it just doesnt have that same party atmosphere anything goes thing but...

During the day id rather be there then anywhere else on this god forsaken world. its so beautiful and you can still get the Girlfriend experience there too.

Its not expensive either. The girls charge more than Pattaya but they can because pattaya is overrun with chicks and the real stunners in patong are almost always booked and its full of tourists willing to pay more.

the peace and quiet of patong, the beauty and relaxed atmosphere is perfect. As soon as I win lotto im retiring there.

BTY bangkok is much better than pattaya IMHO. it of course depends on what you are after but i like the variety of things you can get in BKK, Cowboy is different to NEP, washington square, beer bars, sightseeing, shopping etc etc.

People go to pattaya for debachaury only. im not sure why else you'd go there...

little problem of syntax, should be fixed in a sec:

the hundred of kids you see in the morning

--------------------------------------

not meaning you, meaning "one can see" in the morning. Like "guys, where do you stay when in BKK" as "where can one stay in BKK?"

problem fixed!

and i bet

--------------------

I know you do. No problem with that. All I am saying is that Pattaya is expanding way beyond catering to the 2 main sex thoroughfares, and sorry, but for guys in Pattaya, Pattaya is Pattaya and around, not 20kms around, but the places where they can stay, shop, or visit nearby while squarely saying they reside in Pattaya.

Most of my friends reside in Banglamung or Naklua, well that's Pattaya as they relate to the place they live. When a guy stays at the ambassador hotel, 15kms south, or visit Nong Nooch gardens, you think it's not Pattaya, for all purposes, he is still saying he is vacationning at? Nitpick all you want with a tape-measure, but Pattaya has always be city and attractions nearby.

When KS asked me to write something about riding around Pattaya, 2 years ago, he did not reply to me, "hey, but that's outside pattaya!", because i I wrote about a 40kms circuit outside. When Oran goes golfing on a week-end, staying near Jomtien, you think he does not say "i am in Pattaya, this week-end"?

Mekong has correctly pointed out your flaws

---------------------------

what flaws? he came up with something completely irrelevant, and he is the one who mentionned Chonburi and Rayong, not me. You think people who live in pattaya cares one bit it's a special status city? what does this have to do in our discussion?

If I visit Vatican city, a State, you think i am wrong saying it's inside Rome? Pattaya status or not, what does it change to its location?

Anyway, not sure how long Mekong stayed in Pattaya, I stayed months every year, I know the place, and it has schools, tourism, businesses, and a large population not catering only and directly to the red light end of the city. There are tons of thais visiting the place on the week-end. There is a lot of entertainment places where you won't see many, sometimes none, farangs in the joint.

Unlike you, i am not saying it's this and this alone, the city has steadily outgrew its first raison d'etre which was strictly dependant on R'R then P4P "nightlife". 17 years going and staying there, I've seen the changes, rather pointless to pretend I have no idea.

Hi,

"When KS asked me to write something about riding around Pattaya"

Please do not pull me into this discussion. This is the 2nd time I see you use me as an example to somehow justify your point, and I would very much appreciate you do not do this.

Sanuk!

PS Your using me as an example is flawed as well as I have not been in Pattaya or surroundings for over 6 years. I doubt it I would still recognize the place.

why do people always compare Bkk with dumpsville by sea? I prefer to compare it to other seaside towns like Patong or Hua Hin. If you do you can see how unregulated development had ruined Pattaya town by the end of the 80's. I much prefer Hua Hin for everthing, less traffic, less crime, fewer idiot falangs and a much smaller and more discreet nightlife. Even the surrounding area is more attractive, and it's still possible to go in the sea without fear of infection.

<<problem fixed! >>

Sorry - when you start a arguement you cant go back and change what you wrote!

I stick by what I said, you try to weazel your way out by claiming a synax error.

Sorry, but you just went way down in my opinion, firstly you flamed mekong for correctly pointing out your errors of geeography, then you try to weazle your way out of what you clearly wrote.

When I make mistakes, which is quite often, I always am man enough to say I was wrong.

Pointless debating a weazle.

DOG

ALHOLK said: Rio would be a good choice.

I went to Rio for Carnival a few years ago and on my first day was robbed at knife point in broad daylight. Phoned BA the next day but couldn't get a flight out for 8 days (lots of Rio residents leave the place during Carnival). :( When I did get out I flew back to Dubai and then immediately on to Bangkok for 9 days. :)

Archived