Welcome to paradise........maybe

Bembaman

i'm here Phil....... :wave:

PATONG RULES............ :chili: :chili: :chili:

never been to Pattaya,no wish to visit.

it seems complicated with catching buses or taxi's around the place.

and what with People saying don't go there or don't go here puts me off immediately.

at least Patong is walkable and everything you need is only a short walk away.

i quite enjoyed my short time in BKK but Patong would always be my first choice for a Fortnight's visit.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walking in Pattaya is getting harder all the time I think. Beach Road and most sois off it are OK but crossing 2nd. Road can be very dangerous....likewise sois up to Soi Bukhao can be hazardous for the drunk or unwary. Soi Bukhao itself is much too narrow for relaxed ambulation. :)

chuckwoww said:

Walking in Pattaya is getting harder all the time I think. Beach Road and most sois off it are OK ...

On that note:

Beach Rd construction looks to be about 98% complete now- no more gaping holes to swallow visitors or ankle breaking points. They spent a gazillion baht on arrangements of potted plants along the beach walk. It's actually rather pleasant again.

There are also (over this past week) MANY FEWER girls lining Beach Rd. Not sure why. There are probably more hookers along lower Suk after midnight than the whole of Beach Rd these days.

Maybe the secutiry cameras and lights installed every 50 meters or so have helped. Maybe it's the uniformed (don't know what branch) guys who are sitting/patrolling the beach walk. I read in Pattaya Mail that there would be a campaign ( :) ) to clean up Pattaya for the Asian tourists.

Pattaya: the hub of family tourism :p

<<but i doubt that the hundred of kids you see in the morning all around town going to school, are involved in it. >>

Maybe not the kids, but ask what mum and dad do for a living, Red Light districts are always more than just whores, you need buildins, food, trinkets sellers, maids, workers.

And they have kids, along with a few whores who do too.

PATONG!

Hi ND,

I think it's easy to talk when one does not know anything about the city but what is copiously talked about in nightlife boards. What is your experience of Pattaya? How much do you know about the population, passed assuming they're all girls selling their body?

I think you know better than these assumptions about BGs having their kids around with them, frankly.

Pattaya is part of the industrial eastern Seabord, there are hundreds of factories, and adjacent businesses that have little to do with tourism, which in itself, is less and less relying on P4P punters. It's hard to see it from a barstool on soi8, that I agree with ::.

Soi Bukhao itself is much too narrow for relaxed ambulation.

-------------------------------------------------

I dunno, it's a pretty relaxed street, save twive a week at the Pattaya tai end of it, when the market is on, but this too is quite fun to wander around. That's where I met Robaus, he sure was hyper...relaxed! :)

127 - you make replying so easy.

Firstly I don;t go to Pattaya for sex, so I am my own poor example, however I do have a lot of friends who work in the area, so my knowledge is quite good.

Pattaya itself, as you assert later, does not have a large industrial area. This is outside Pattaya, in the Chonburi area, and hence not part of this discussion.

Your opening statement:

<<if you want it to be, but i doubt that the hundred of kids you see in the morning all around town going to school, are involved in it. >>

refers to "Seeing" kids whilst being in Pattaya, going to school.

In order for you to make the claim that a sex punter would "see the kids going to school" YOU youself have said the punter has to be near the sex life, or preferably on a barstool on Soi 8.

Now - given YOU have identified the location of the punter and therefore the kids he is seeing.

I stick by my original statement.

If you now want to include the area OUTSIDE Pattaya, then you should start another thread as it has nothing to do with this one

DOG

"Pattaya is part of the industrial eastern Seabord, there are hundreds of factories, and adjacent businesses"

Pattaya 127 I agree with the Industrial Eatern Seaboard but the nearest you have to Pataaya itself is Laem Chabaeng to the North then Rayong / Map Ta Put to the South.

Pattaya has absolutely nothing to do with the Industrial output of the Eastern Seaboard except the fact that many expats involved in Industry choose to be based in Pattaya due to the more westernised lifestyle than say Chonburi or Rayong itself.

Pattaya itself, as you assert later, does not have a large industrial area. This is outside Pattaya, in the Chonburi area

------------------------------------

easy one indeed, ever heard of Laem Chabang?

to make the claim that a sex punter would "see the kids going to school"

---------------------------

here i am not sure what you are saying. My claim being that they don't see the kids going to school. 7am is a bit early for a punter, and they would have to be staying way off 2nd Rd, if up.

All I was responding to was your own claim that the kids are related to the nightlife industry. Which you conveniently avoided this time around.

Moreover, people can easily stay in Pattaya and go to work elsewhere. though I have no problems assuming a lot of people have jobs in Pattaya because it's a popular seaside resort, where a lot of thais go, not just farangs, and a lot of tourists, not just sex tourists.

Finally, if you knew Pattaya, you'd know that people always mean Pattaya and around, a good example being Jomtien for beach tourists, and Banglamung for thais, but also for long terms farang residents staying nearby, and others doing their market there (cheaper than in Pattaya).

I doubt that your friends tell you that the kids going to school are all related to people working around the hot red places....

Archived