Elephant Festa in Surin

Dumsoda,

Actually the train takes the longest amount of time to get here from BKK. Used it a couple of times, but it took nearly twice as long as the damned bus! More comfortable, but way too much time. I use the Morchitt VIP bus from BKK to Surin. More comfortable than the daytime busses, for about 400 baht one way. This bus leaves nightly from BKK to Surin. Leaves around 9:30/9:50 and arrives in Surin around 4:30 in the morning. I just pop a valium and sleep the trip away after watching the movie or playing a card game or two on the laptop. Much quicker than the damned train. (Well, sometimes I play video pinball too. :D)

I'll update if I hear anything, as I am interested to see if this supposed new flight to Surin is temp or a permanent deal myself.

I'll take you up on those beers, but none of that new Cheers beer, please. Tried it recently at the Ah Ee restaurant by the house. They had a promotion, three small beers for 40 baht. That beer is nasty! :: :D Got my monies worth though and drank the three. Never again though.

Cent

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SD,

Sorry to hear you won't be up then. Loy Kratong is next weekend right? I'll send along the info (here or by other means) if I get the scoop on the flights.

Yeah, I remember when they discontinued these Air Andaman flights. Pretty silly to stop just before the biggest and only tourist season in Surin. Made no business sense really.

Any time you need the lift from Burirum just let me know. Taxi service fees are 2 beer Chang or beer Leos! :D Hey, that IS the friend discount! :: Oh, that's each way btw. ::

I'll see you over the Thanksgiving weekend I hope. I'll arrive Thursday morning off the VIP bus. Leave Sunday night the 27th, return to Surin the same way. Will you be around town then?

Cent

Loy Kratong is 16th. We do a family dinner that night, for those of us who are alone or are too old/lazy to float a kratong. I qualify there somewhere LOL! And it would not do for me to miss a family thing if I am not working.

I'll be here until the 27th then in Oz for a week, barring any emergencies from any customers (in which case I am on the first flight out).

Let's do Thanksgiving dinner together! Maybe even two of 'em. The 24th is George's annual do at the Lone Staar, with free dinner and a Chris Moore book signing. And then there is Bourbon Street's yummy feast!

Regards,

SD

SD,

I was planning on doing the Bourbon Street turkey dinner. Sounds good. I think Dr. R and his lady are coming as well. Is Goatscrot around and maybe up for this as well? I'll have to call some others (fellow Yanks and those who might wanna meet that day, most work though) to see if they'll join us.

The Lone Stasr I heard doesn't really offer a dinner. More of a plate of turkey, but I don't know having never done there for TDay. The Chris Moore book signing sounds cool as well. I'm up for it. I'll call when I wake up Thursday, or give me a time and place to meet. Lone Star would be early afternoon? Bourbon Street early evening?

Cent

Lone Staar is a full on dinner: turkey, stuffing, potatoes, cranberry sauce and veggies. But a small platefull, just enough to whet your appetite for Bourbon St. It's free, so you can't bitch LOL!

You timing is spot on LS at ~1500, Bourbon later. I am sure the boys will be around and I will make it so.

Cheers,

SD

SD,

Cool! I'll plan to be at Lone Star at one. I stay close to there anyway, so just a short walk away. I'll leave my wife at the hotel, still sleeping likely, and stag it for the afternoon. Do the couples thing that evening at Bourbon Street.

I did Bourbon Street turkey day dinner last year. Decent feed. A somber day though, as my Dad had passed away the morning before and I got the news on the bus ride down to BKK. Was planning on seeing our friend in Hua Hin that weekend, but flew out Friday once changing my plane tix back to the states for his funeral. Would be good to have my friends around to celebrate Thanksgiving this year with. (Dr. R was with us last year and was a great comfort for me at that time.)

Looking forward to it. Bring on the gang and we'll raise a toast to life, love, and all that good stuff (ing). :)

You have my mobile number still yes?

Cent

SD,

Hahaha! She just told me she didn't save your number in the mobile, so I'll get it from you over on the message board. Don't know what the hell she was on about that night. :: But she had had a snootful of wine at her sister's workplace at the race track! :) I passed it off as her being drunk and female. :D I actually stayed in Cowboy longer after you left! Just out of spite. :: Can't let the missus start laying down the law can one? :shakehead

By the looks of the previous post that Old Hippy might pop in and join us at the Lone Star. :yikes::up: I hope he wears his leather mini-skirt! :D

See you then.

Cent

:topic: Tough! :D

Archived