Apple computers...?

Old Hippie

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just down at the local Apple store, really impressive machines! Very innovative. I love the top of the line Dual procerssor thingy...no idea why or what it really is/does, I just know I want one! So powerful! so manly...!

But, on a kee neow note... the mini mac priced at $499 for the simple model may do what I am more less thinking of...that is, use it for net surfing, hopefully, it is a little less susceptible to spyware and viruses as we discussed, and is thus a little more reliable...

I could tak my PC off line, and use it for the other programs, photos etc...just some thoughts...I am planning on being seriously broke after or during this next trip...I hope I don't have to go work bar or sell gold (press thumb print down gesture). In any event, I am seriously impressed with the Apple line, seriously expensive though...have heard Students get 50% off lap tops and software...maybe worth looking into...I could be a freshman in the class of 2010...I am babbling, time to go...

Hi!

Recent Linux distros are at least as easy to install as any Windoze system if you have standard HW. It is when you have odd HW that it becomes a pain in the arse. Also some peripherals such as printers and scanners might not work perfectly.

regards

ALHOLK

If you want to gt used to the Mac interface,there are numerous Mac emulators for the PC.. That is, programs that pretend to be a mac running under Windows.. I always enjoy playing with these...

And if you were ever into old pre PC computers or Palm pilots, you can get emulators for them too...

"ut, on a kee neow note... the mini mac priced at $499 for the simple model may do what I am more less thinking of...that is, use it for net surfing, hopefully, it is a little less susceptible to spyware and viruses as we discussed, and is thus a little more reliable..."

I got one a few months ago, relly like it. works for all my business uses ( mostly web site and email)

Only possible problem I notice is head dissapation, it got really warm on the bottom just sitting on my desk ( has a rubber pad on the bottom)

I've set it on a heatsink just a bit larger than the bottom of the unit, now just a little warm to the touch ( but temp here is in the low 70 f lately)

mite be a problem in thailand heat

"the mini mac priced at $499 for the simple model may do what I am more less thinking of..."

Those sure are cute and I'm even starting to see people stuff them into data-centres, but they don't seem like a great deal. Only $599 (1Gb RAM) + Monitor, + keyboard, + mouse

I would look for a refurbished mac or maybe an e-mac. Those have to be end run if they have not already been discontinued, should be able to get one of those for less than $600 and you can add memory yourself without voiding the warranty.

>Unless they are being forced to use outdated PCs and operating systems I'd say the blame lies with whoever is in charge of the network. There are enterprises running hundreds of PCs and I doubt they'd continue to if the problems at you wife's office were common. <

You got it, org in a poor neighbour of LOS.

And although there is some PC support here, and NO aplle support at all, I have far fewer problems.

Archived