Creationism vs Intelligent design vs Evolution

khunsanuk

I have always "Believed" ( ::) that if their was no God that someone would have invented one........... and all through history and in every society they have invented them - and as societies have progressed the religions have had to become more sophisticated to keep up.

Gods exist only to "explain" the unknown, give comfort when things go bump in the night.............. and to keep people down.

The 21st Century - back to the f#cking dark ages :: :: ::

I agree. But I don't have a problem with people believing whatever they want as long as they let me alone. I think what's happening now is that religion is trying to deal with intellectual scepticism. Darwin blew a hole in the belief system and they are desperate to fill it. :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure you are correct

It is just about feasible :D :D :D

I think I meant "sophisticated" as in the need for the religion to be able to "explain" more complex questions and situations which the old religions were never designed to address (ie once they got past the stage of only having to explain why the sun comes up, "it's because we slaughtered a chicken" :D)

I will agree with you that Priests are great / needed for effective oppression.

But I don't have a problem with people believing whatever they want as long as they let me alone

I like to think this is the way to go and it is what I have always tried to do, but I do fear that this will no longer be possible - the lunatics are taking over the assylum.

Darwin blew a hole in the belief system and they are desperate to fill it

I would say that this is because it is seen as an opportunity fill the "void" and an inability or unwillingness to stand up to this mumbo jumbo bullshit is seen as sign of weakness (and they may be right.........)

I would say that this is because it is seen as an opportunity fill the "void" and an inability or unwillingness to stand up to this mumbo jumbo bullshit is seen as sign of weakness (and they may be right.........)

It's true...the believers, of any religion, always win because they have the Ultimate Authority on their side. Humble atheists don't stand a chance. :(

"Humility is the worst form of hypocrisy"

----------------------------------------------

I indeed stick to the best forms of hypocrisy then! :D

BTW, ID or C are about the whole universe, no? even as it is turning around the earth as neo-obscurantists will soon re-assess Galileo was indeed wrong. almost 500 years wasted in believing stupid chimeras....Won't get fooled again! ::

chuckwoww said:

I have always "Believed" ( ::) that if their was no God that someone would have invented one........... and all through history and in every society they have invented them - and as societies have progressed the religions have had to become more sophisticated to keep up.

Gods exist only to "explain" the unknown, give comfort when things go bump in the night.............. and to keep people down.

The 21st Century - back to the f#cking dark ages :: :: ::

I agree. But I don't have a problem with people believing whatever they want as long as they let me alone. I think what's happening now is that religion is trying to deal with intellectual scepticism. Darwin blew a hole in the belief system and they are desperate to fill it. :)

I can't disagree. Allthough, I dont' agree about keeping people down. Not pure religion anyhow. It's certainly there to help and support humans in times of crisises. But when it goes off on a tangent and they begin claiming that God, their's usually, created mankind, it leads to trouble. Religion in it's pure form is good. The trouble starts when it becomes watered down with politics. Politics always leads to trouble.

Shit.

SD,

I suspect if they lose this round of the current battle over this silliness that the next thing they'll try to do is claim evolution as their own and that God is the creator of evolution, therefore he did in fact create man in his image, although over a longer period of time in a more complicated and convoluted way. Anyone for "Intelligent evolutionary creationism"? :D Probably the best spin they could put on it. But they literally interpret the bible and the book of Genisis as being "God created the heavens and earth and everything else in seven days." Maybe "God days" are a bit longer than ours? :dunno::chili::worship::spin:

That's the ticket. Yeah! God days are 10,000,000 years long. That'll work! :D

Cent

Archived