Creationism vs Intelligent design vs Evolution

khunsanuk

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KS,

I am the same as you. Evolution. It is a proven scientific fact, not a theory anymore. There are some gaps in the record, but that is expected really considering the time periods we are talking about. There is little debate over this among the true scientists. The others are mere fantasy and fairy tale from religious cretins with a political agenda. Intelligent design my ass. ::

Cent

Science has proven that Darwin had it right. Science has proven many things. The only thing science will never be able to answer is why all these things are as they are, or why we are here. WHy these religious people cannot accept both is beyond me. Just say god put the stuff here, and it evolved as needed to a changing world.

I remember one dipshit saying "...if we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys...?" I said "...well you stupid fuck, the current monkeys are evolving as well, different species..." I just hate these religious people telling me/our kids that we have to turn back the clock on science and accept some crap instead. We had all these debates years ago, and yet our country, and maybe others seem to want to get quagmired in the debate all over again...

the Christian right in this country is very anti science as it destroys many of their little myths. On the other hand, the Scientific community trys to be tolerant of these ignorant fucks...gets tiring after awhile. These religious people are only about mind control...

At least some people are fighting back the idiots. Some from the NYT. In Dover (PA, USA) the nation?s first trial to test the constitutionality of teaching intelligent design as science ended Friday with a lawyer for the Dover school board pronouncing intelligent design ?the next great paradigm shift in science.?

The creationists used the same old tired analogy likening intelligent design to seeing a watch and implicitly knowing that it had a designer. This theory, known as Paley?s watch, has been a dead-end, routinely refuted argument for 200 years. It?s the best they can do. I hate to give advice to creationists, but if they?re going to convince anyone with brains, they?re going to have to abandon this silly ?looks like? argument, quit trotting out pointless photos of Mount Rushmore, and actually come up with new and substantive *evidence*.

The opponent, a lawyer for the 11 parents suing the school board, dismissed intelligent design as dishonest, unscientific and based entirely on ?a meager little analogy that collapses immediately upon inspection.?

In his blunt closing argument, the plaintiffs? lawyer, Eric Rothschild, accused the intelligent design movement of lying, just as he said the school board members had lied when they testified that their purpose for changing the science curriculum had nothing to do with religion.

They lied, he said, when they testified that they did not make or hear religious declarations at board meetings, and when they claimed they did not know that 50 copies of an intelligent design textbook were bought for the school with money collected at a church and funneled through the father of a school board member, Alan Bonsell.

This week, the judge himself grew agitated as he questioned Mr. Bonsell about whether he had lied about the books. Mr. Rothschild reminded the judge of that interchange and said that the board?s dishonesty ?mimics? the intelligent design movement.

Why do half the people in the US want to regress in their knowledge? I do not get it. That shit like this, this, or this is routinely accepted by a growing percentage of the unwashed masses is chilling to me.

Regards,

SD

sorry, can't recall the difference between C and ID. Isn't C. about the world created by "my" :: God, and ID created by A God..... though "we don't have to give it a name so we can blur ever more the division between religion and State"? re-smirk.

Lately, I have been wondering if obscurantism is not part of the air molecules this side of the pond. Either from the born again cretins or the lefties, BTW. Both believing there are occult powers (religious or capitalists) deciding evrything for them on one side or against them on the other.

I do miss Europe sometimes.... :hubba:

PS: ....evolution, moi aussi!

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

Yep, same for me. I cannot imagine people are actually considering teaching either creationism or intelligent design in a classroom.

And then suggesting that intelligent design is not linked to religion. Give me #$*#$ break :cussing:

Sanuk!

There is a good reason the Bush crime regime is being called "the American Taliban..." I am ashamed really...

Apples and oranges.

Evolution is scientific theory.

ID and creationism are philosophies.

No comparison.

Evolution theory exists because it is theory, backed by data.

The two philosophies exist because people have faith.

They should not even be in the same poll.

Archived